EDC Fixed Blades, Sheaths, & Carry Methods (Traditional)

JonMcD

Gold Member
I by no means am qualified to start this thread.

But, the man who definitely is… ephsea ephsea , sent me a package in the mail today that was a total surprise. In it was an awesome Cudeman Sanabria II in BURLAP 💪🏼. THANKS SO MUCH F.C. for the awesome gift!

I have been attracted to EDC fixed blades for some time, but have not taken the plunge because I know myself and I know I will get tossed head first down the rabbit hole and my wallet may never forgive me😂.

The Cudeman is a great size and I have mentioned elsewhere on the porch that I’m not sure why we don’t see more of this maker on the forum. I really look forward to using it!

Perhaps this can be a thread for all the fixed EDC eye candy to accumulate! I know that F.C. can surely put on a show!

Thanks again buddy!

That's a beauty, Jon! Small fixed blades are an addiction for sure. There are some really great makers here on the forums that have become favorites.

Here are the ones I've been using the most. Lamb for scale. I've been carrying the blasted hill the past couple weeks, probably time to tag in another.

Slightly modified BPS compact 1066 and Locust

Cahoon, nitro-V and Acacia.

Blasted Hill in AEB-L and walnut

G.L. Drew in 52100 and Spalted Maple

I started carrying pocket fixed blades when I first joined the forums. I stumbled on the Bark River City Knife at some point. They are small and easy to carry in my RFP. At the time I was buying these you could get them with a cool pocket sheath that also has a slot for a folder.

I mention the sheath because at the time, I was exploring the idea of a fixed blade for daily carry. On my belt wasn’t possible because of work, so finding this combination really changed my outlook.

Since then I have discovered a bunch of fixed blades that fit into this type of carry. But I haven’t found the perfect combination quite yet.

Last edited:
I carry this Enzo Necker in a home-made kydex pocket sheath. Like so many fixed blades, the sheath that it came with is suboptimal. I modified a horizontal leather sheath from Bradford that also works well.
AaGMK5Ch.jpg

You should find lots of good examples in this thread , because B&T's are right in that perfect daily carry size range.

I started carrying pocket fixed blades when I first joined the forums. I stumbled on the Bark River City Knife at some point. They are small and easy to carry in my RFP. At the time I was buying these you could get them with a cool pocket sheath that also has a slot for a folder.

I mention the sheath because at the time, I was exploring the idea of a fixed blade for daily carry. On my belt wasn’t possible because of work, so finding this combination really changed my outlook.

Since then I have discovered a bunch of fixed blades that fit into this type of carry. But I haven’t found the perfect combination quite yet.

I carry this Enzo Necker in a home-made kydex pocket sheath. Like so many fixed blades, the sheath that it came with is suboptimal. I modified a horizontal leather sheath from Bradford that also works well.
AaGMK5Ch.jpg

Great knives and info guys. My greatest barrier to entry so far has been getting the sheath setup just right. Whetstone39 Whetstone39 Like you, the upright belt carry isn’t an option for my office life, but I do wear jeans every day, so I can do a EDC fixed in my RFP or backpocket. Even horizontal carry might be the right play in some cases.

On to the sheath challenge!

I have been attracted to EDC fixed blades for some time, but have not taken the plunge because I know myself and I know I will get tossed head first down the rabbit hole and my wallet may never forgive me😂.
This is my goal, addiction loves company :cool:
THANKS SO MUCH F.C. for the awesome gift!
You're welcome, those burlap scales actually asked me if they could go live at your house with their friends ;)
Happy 46 Jon!

This is my goal, addiction loves company :cool:

You're welcome, those burlap scales actually asked me if they could go live at your house with their friends ;)
Happy 46 Jon!

Whoah woah woah! I just turned 45! You got it right on your card 😂😂😂.

I sat down with it last night and gave the burlap the ole polish and got the edge hair shaving sharp. It’s lookin and cutting great!

Here are a few more "edc" fixed blades.

This little Schrade was cheap and came with awful tacticool sheath and rubber grips. It now has gaboon ebony scales and bamboo pins and a nice leather sheath. One of these days I want to send this knife to someone and see about having one made out of steel that doesn't suck. I LOVE this thing, it was a fun project and a great user... But it will always be a cheap beater.

Schrade drop point hunter was one of my first "EDC" fixed blades.

Today I made the switch to this nice JK handmade knife. Bloodwood and tool steel. It's about max size for EDC in my opinion, if not a little too big at 7.5".

Trying to figure out which little fixed blade to carry makes my head spin! It's all about how to carry the darn things. I don't like the pocket clip sheath because my RF pocket is dedicated to a not-to-be-discussed type of knife. If I use an in-pocket sheath, I take up room that is usually reserved for a slip-joint. That leaves me the belt carry option, which works fine for many of my knives. There are some that I'd like to carry that I'd need to order an appropriate belt sheath for. I do like the less-than-traditional kydex with a tek-lok sheaths, but they're mostly ugly, unless you go for a Leather-Kydex (LK) or a Leather-Kydex-Leather (LKL) set-up. Okay, my head is spinning! Here are a few that I try to work into my EDC rotation. I posted this in another thread that was somewhat similar, but here it is again.
8jFxsC4.jpg

Trying to figure out which little fixed blade to carry makes my head spin! It's all about how to carry the darn things. I don't like the pocket clip sheath because my RF pocket is dedicated to a not-to-be-discussed type of knife. If I use an in-pocket sheath, I take up room that is usually reserved for a slip-joint. That leaves me the belt carry option, which works fine for many of my knives. There are some that I'd like to carry that I'd need to order an appropriate belt sheath for. I do like the less-than-traditional kydex with a tek-lok sheaths, but they're mostly ugly, unless you go for a Leather-Kydex (LK) or a Leather-Kydex-Leather (LKL) set-up. Okay, my head is spinning! Here are a few that I try to work into my EDC rotation. I posted this in another thread that was somewhat similar, but here it is again.
8jFxsC4.jpg

I find kydex to be ugly as well Gary. But mostly functional. I have seen some of the custom leather-kydex sheaths around the forums lately and want to try one out, the options from the talented makers here look fantastic. When I’m wearing non-tucked in shirts I sometimes use a kydex sheath in my RFP, looped through my belt with paracord. This Izula carries pretty well in that configuration.

Love this thread! I have a few small fixed blades perfect for pocket carry yet i never carry them. Maybe i need to make a sheath for that purpose. Also just ordered that cudeman after i saw this thread! Ill post up some pics of my fixed blades when i have a few minutes

I find kydex to be ugly as well Gary. But mostly functional. I have seen some of the custom leather-kydex sheaths around the forums lately and want to try one out, the options from the talented makers here look fantastic. When I’m wearing non-tucked in shirts I sometimes use a kydex sheath in my RFP, looped through my belt with paracord. This Izula carries pretty well in that configuration.

Nice set-up, Tom! That's exactly what I do with my little Dozier. The paracord is sized to loop over my belt and hang in my front pocket. I also have aftermarket pocket and belt sheaths that fit it as well. I use the pocket and belt sheaths for several different knives.
ENTvk1C.jpg

a0zNAcW.jpg

nOBGlza.jpg

Back