EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

47uxSQJ.jpg

The True North The True North

Malkoff MDC E2S on a 16650 body and a Peak Eiger ( custom 5700k HiCri Nichia 219C) on a pocket body.

What do y’all carry typically? Do you just have a few things in pocket? Or do you have a organizer in a bag you keep near?

Besides the standard phone, wallet, keys.

INIdvWG.jpg
The 555, Microstream, and Tony Lama coin go front right pocket of whatever I’m wearing. The SAK Classic goes in left front.
Fmu0AQu.jpg

The Maxpedition EDC stays in a sling style bag (or my purse as my wife calls it.) small enough to toss in, or grab and throw in a car. Fits my typical needs. I have some other things in my bag that’s usually not far from me. But the Maxpedition is more of a “if I can at least grab that” kind of thing.

A pistol, a small fixed blade, and folder. Oh, a spare mag and pen sized flashlight too. A few pictures over the last few weeks of stuff I edc.
39-B30-C4-B-1735-4553-9-B26-E51470-B3440-C.jpg

6-E0-FB8-B3-6-EFC-47-A3-804-A-1132-D9-FCD48-D.jpg

7-B636634-C103-436-B-882-B-E54-ADCCB99-B7.jpg

1-E9-BC5-EF-9-A3-E-47-DC-B68-C-91-FCBE9-F7-FAF.jpg

D1-BAADD3-A625-4-CB0-B66-F-53-BC02-D3660-C.jpg
I'm not the type of person who tells people how to live, but I've got a Becker BK16 which I love and I'd strongly recommend having a look at Becker's aftermarket micarta scales. It makes a good knife fantastic!

When I actually get out of the house once or twice a week, it’s usually been a Buck Sprint Pro clipped in my right front pocket, though lately it’s been a Buck HiLine, cos it’s just a little different. Once in awhile I’ll throw in a SAK Evogrip 11, like when I’m out on the bike. Phone is always in my left front. That’s it.

I usually have a small flashlight too, that's handy surprisingly often. Beyond that, it depends on what I'm doing that day. If I'm going to the office, I have a laptop, which means I have a bag. I keep a small umbrella in it, and a small bag of office sundries - glasses cleaner, decongestant, .tissues, etc. If I'm going to a data center, I have a toolbag - drivers, lights, prybars, antistatic straps, cables, gloves, a Hawk Shortcut, probably something I'm forgetting.

But most days I work from home, and just carry a multitool around the house:

IMG_0290.jpeg

Man, those little Knipex pliers...

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley turned me on to those. I carry some, and I bought a pair for each of my 2 boys who just love them too. Both diesel mechanics now, one for Caterpillar, one for John Deere.

I was a staunch Leatherman carrier, but I'm fine with a pair of these pliers and a Vic Rambler now.

Always leery of reading G2's posts... always end up with some thing I never knew I needed.

The Rambler rides a keychain that I bought off of Gary too.... Bastid just won't go away. ;)

Back