EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

I'm not the type of person who tells people how to live, but I've got a Becker BK16 which I love and I'd strongly recommend having a look at Becker's aftermarket micarta scales. It makes a good knife fantastic!
I’m always open to suggestions! So, you really like the micarta that much better?

I sold all my knives and left myself with a kershaw Brawler, I reckon I'll use it until it starts having real problems then go from there

The P-07 is going to be my next pistol. Long time Glock guy, still am, but I have jumped on the CZ fan club bus, love them. Yeah, that’s my newest BK14.
How do you like the BK14 over the standard izula? really been looking at them lately. I find it funny both sheaths such in their own way. Izula seems pretty cheap. BK14 is incomplete. Making you buy the clip separately 🤣

How do you like the BK14 over the standard izula? really been looking at them lately. I find it funny both sheaths such in their own way. Izula seems pretty cheap. BK14 is incomplete. Making you buy the clip separately 🤣
I love both Becker and ESEE and say you won’t go wrong either way. I like the Izula because of the smaller size, it carries easier in the pocket. It gets more pocket time because of this reason. But, I like the Becker better overall. The BK14 is more like a little big knife, if that makes sense. The geometry on the BK14 makes it a better cutter IMO. Personally, if I were to pick one today, I would go with a BK14 and an aftermarket Kydex sheath.

I’m always open to suggestions! So, you really like the micarta that much better?
It's like night and day. The micarta adds a nice amount of traction as well as warmth. The oils in your hand will cause the scales to change color over time, which I think is cool. I liked the BK16 right off the bat, but I read review after review talking about how much better the knife was with these new slabs I bought and I have to agree. Recommended!

The further away from home I go, the more I carry. Minimal:
MG-0330.jpg

IMG-1700.jpg

Going in the city:
IMG-1962.jpg

Variations:
IMG-1861.png

IMG-1797.jpg

IMG-1795.jpg

IMG-1594.jpg

Ever changing Maxpedition kits:
IMG-0454.jpg

For outdoors:
IMG-0512.jpg

Backpack for shorter trips (pen for scale):
IMG-0515.jpg

IMG-0505.jpg

Sit-pad, rain jacket
IMG-0509.jpg

IMG-0510.jpg

IMG-0511.jpg

I rarely carry anything more than just a folding pocket knife, wallet and mobile phone. I always take a backpack to work and besides the laptop, I carry a flashlight + Vic SAK + ligther and a few first aid items. Nothing crazy.

Mikel

It's like night and day. The micarta adds a nice amount of traction as well as warmth. The oils in your hand will cause the scales to change color over time, which I think is cool. I liked the BK16 right off the bat, but I read review after review talking about how much better the knife was with these new slabs I bought and I have to agree. Recommended!
Ok you sold me on it. I like micarta better in most cases anyway, so I’m going to pick some up. I appreciate the suggestion!

Man, those little Knipex pliers...

@Gary W. Graley turned me on to those. I carry some, and I bought a pair for each of my 2 boys who just love them too. Both diesel mechanics now, one for Caterpillar, one for John Deere.

I was a staunch Leatherman carrier, but I'm fine with a pair of these pliers and a Vic Rambler now.

Always leery of reading G2's posts... always end up with some thing I never knew I needed.

The Rambler rides a keychain that I bought off of Gary too.... Bastid just won't go away. ;)
It's like Case had them in mind when they made that little belt slip. Never know they're there until needed.

Okay - since we go all the way it seems..

Walking the dog:
N1bZme8.jpg

Walking in the woods:
zkwErFo.jpg

And everywhere in between. 😁
I’m a big fan of the SAK Classic as a second blade. More so the tweezers, toothpick, and scissors. But I love that color scheme!

Ok you sold me on it. I like micarta better in most cases anyway, so I’m going to pick some up. I appreciate the suggestion!
It's a big jump forward in looks and overall comfort. Let me know what you think when they arrive.

(Also I should mention again they're the official Kabar brand micarta scales I have. I know there are a few different companies out there making them. And Kabar uses a wonky size of hardware on their knives for some reason. 8/32, which is just smaller than 4mm.)

Back