Right Front

ARC AAA with white and red photon III's
Victorinox Super Tinker
Spyderco Cricket

Left Front

Small lighter
Keys
Pill container

On belt in small leather holster Leatherman Juice XE6 and Nokia 3360.

I forgot to add:

Motorola Star-Tac cell phone

and, a Motorola MT-2000 portable 2-way.

Nothing right now cause I am in my PJ's but during the day, off duty it's:
Microtech QD Scarab
Sure Fire E-1
HP 1910 pocket PC
Sanyo SCP5300

On duty just add my Beretta 92FS, ASP 26", and Capstun spray, Motorolla MTS 3000, S&W Handcuffs.

Here's mine:
-Spyderco Delica PE in VG-10
-Spyderco Jester
-SAK Tinker
-THE Wallet in black
-Fisher bullet pen
-6 f paracord
-Traser glowring
-SAK MiniChamp
-P38 Can opener
-Craftsman 4 way screwdriver
-Luminox 3001

Matt

a...

-Leatherman Micra (Good things, always usable, and so freakin small. Wonderful items)
-Keys
-Lip balm (Thank god some other dude said that too, otherwise I might have "left out" this one... ;))
-Rolex Datejust (Too keep track of time)
-Microtech UT-6 DE Satin (Beautiful piece, works like a charm, and good for delicate duties)
-Microtech Kestrel (Fixed up by Diplomat, looks great)
-Month-card to the metro (This is where I keep my creditcards as well, no cash ever in this mans pockets)

I ofcourse sometimes change the kniferotation, but ALWAYS two MT´s in there. Left front pocket, and right front pocket.

It´s illegal to carry knives AND guns here, but if there´s something special to be done, I sometimes carry a Colt .45 ACP fullsize. It´s an old thing, but it´s usuable.

Do take care

Niclas

My EDCs vary. For work situation, I have to have a knife with a blade under 3", since I work in a Govt facility. EDC for work has been rotating from a Chris Reeve Mnandi and a small Sebenza S30V. One knife that is ALWAYS in my pocket, no matter what, is my Victorinox Mini Swiss Champ. Fits right in that little 5th pocket, and gets pulled out and used more than any knife I have ever owned.

Away from work, I carry a much bigger folder. Since last week, my EDC has been my R.J. Martin Q40 liner lock folder with S30V blade, beefed up titanium frame and lock and checkered G10 handles. Man, what a folder! Before that, it was my Spyderco Military plain edge ATS34.

I know, it wasn't asked originally, but I always have a neck knife of some sort on me away from work also.

Does size matter?

Any difference between in-pocket vs. keyring vs. pocket-clip vs. belt carry??

From years of carrying pocket knives I find for a
real in-pocket about 3-3.5" length seems about right. If it's much smaller/shorter - although it's "easy"/lighter etc - I find it gets "lost" in the pocket - also smaller doesn't fit the hand that well. I think an easy in-pocket length might have something to do with whether the length of the object can fit/rotate easily to fit the width of the pocket. Hence my choice of the 3.5" Victorinox Scientist SAK and CMG Ultra-G white LED light - not only because it's a single AA, but because it fits in my pocket easily yet fits my hand in use.

With the advent of the pocket-clip
I found I could carry clipped to the pocket something that's a bit longer - for a knife the overriding length is how well the handle fits my hand and about 4" seems "right-sized" for me even though my pockets can take about 4.5" length and if need be even 5" length with clip. My at home only EDC is the pocket clipped 4" closed length Kershaw/Ken Onion LEEK

keyring - I personally don't like a lot of things on my keyring - so I actually try to avoid carrying anything more than keys on it - but the Photon is so small and so useful - that it's an exception.

belt carry - normally is for something too big for the pocket - again I normally don't like having to have things that don't fit in my pocket - but my EDC Canon S100 Digital ELPH digicam is just too big for an easy pocket ride so it has to ride in a belt pouch.

I deal with the size issue this way; I just tell Cathy it's not the size tha..................oops, wrong size issue!

With knives, yeah that's what we were talking about. I find that I like to carry a single bladed pocket clipped knife with a blade between 3.5" to 4.0" in my right front pocket. I really like it closer to 4.0". This knife has to have as high a pocket clip as it can so that most, if not all the knife rides inside my pocket. I also find that I don't carry anything else in that pocket. This is what I would refer to as my primary carry knife. This varies between the two mentioned earlier in this thread; a JWS XL RF-1 and a JWS LDC-5 w/modified clip to meet my requirements. In my left front pocket I carry change, a Bic lighter, and a Case small Texas Jack. This knife measures 3.5" overall and rides comfortable and rides without any print in my jeans. This is the knife I use for the majority of my cutting chores:eek: But I like having that big 'ole folder riding in my right front pocket.........even if I don't get the oppurtunity to use it much. I also carry(sometimes) a knife in my left rear pocket. I've tried the right rear and moved my billfold over but that just threw me off too much so the knife clips to the inside of my left rear. This varies between the CK&T Brend manual and a HD42:)D )

And that is how I tackle the size issue!!:cool: :D :)

After reading what all of you guys carry I think I should consider carring more blade. All I've got on me today is my small classic Sebenza. I usually only carry one knife :eek: !

It always varies but today:

Necker -- 5-inch oal Wharncliffe blade in kydex (homemade knife and sheath)
Luminox Marine Watch
Benchmade black Mini Griptilian (wearing black slacks today -- ya gotta color coordinate :D )
Pack of Camel Lights
Lighter
Wallet with no money
Cell Phone
Immodium A.D. (Been sick -- just in case.)

Right front pocket: NAA .22 in a Thad
Rybka pocket holster. In the holster's
pocket, I carry two twenty dollar bills,
five rounds of ammo and a single edge
razor. They all just fit.

Left front pocket: Victorinox wood handled
Tinker with a Photon white light attached to the
ring, small BIC lighter,change, money clip with drivers
license and carry permit.

Right rear pocket or in waist band: Large Sebenza classic
or Camillus EDC 154cm.

Either a G.W.Hawk D.O.G. or a Lightfoot M-1:cool:
with a black Scallion and a Leatherman Mini-tool

a benchmade 42, a crkt kiss, a 1933 replica zippo, a chisel point sharpie, a nokia 8265, a canon elph, a citizen eco drive watch with a broken band, a pack of camels, some guitar picks, keys with an led light and a drum key, my wallet.

with the current events and awareness levels -

have any of your EDCs changed?

Anything significantly different or additions?

Emerson socfk spearpoint left front pocket,bm afck axis right back pocket, sf e2 and lm wave on belt sheath, and greco dangler on pouch with marlboros and zippo. When out on the town I also carry a bauchop babychop iwb left side as well. On the road all of this is augmented by a springfield champion .45 and two mccormick 8 round mags, you never know when the bike is gonna decide to take a break for awhile on ya.

LF-Cargo, Revolver speed-loader. cigs and lighter
LF- Spyderco Massad Ayoob (older model)
L-Belt, Glock-30 IWB, Kubaton
LR, Wallet

RF-Cargo, Spyderco Calypso JR SS
RF- S&W 342PD with Crimson-Trace laser, Spyderco Police SS
R-Belt, Spare Glock 30 magazine, Photron lite, Samsung cell-phone
(to many things in my vest, I'd fall asleep before naming them all)

Weapons

RR: Spydie Navi' PE
LR: Cheap comb
RF: Keys to office, pool cars, Courthouse and handcuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back