EDC!-Which knife or knives are you carrying today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
enduralight.jpg

We have substitute worker for few weeks, so I thought I'd carry something less scary. :D

What light is that? It looks great with your blue delica.

Giving my BM 9051 AFO II a break, as planned, and I decided to put my JW Smith SD-3 back into my pocket this morning. But I have three new knives arriving today, so who knows????

Expected today; Spyderco 92mm Citadel, Spyderco Gayle Bradley, and the one that will probably be riding my pocket, a Boker Titan Defender, to replace the one stolen from me in 2010.

^^
thanks thats the 1st Alphahunter proto. Version 3.0 is in the works :D
Here is a better pic of my proto
AlphahunterBlackMamba035.jpg

Hey Alpha. Loving the knives! Peter R. is slated to start one for me in February. I really love the handle shape and wondered if it was a standard handle, or a one time design for your run of knives? I would love to match that handle with a clip/bowie style point blade! I'm having mine made as a liner lock, but will be using .125" thick liners, with G-10 or canvas micarta handle overlays, and a deep-carry pocket clip!

Let me know on that handle if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Rick

Hey buddy, I just shot Peter an email. I'll let you know if he can do that for you :)

Hey Alpha. Loving the knives! Peter R. is slated to start one for me in February. I really love the handle shape and wondered if it was a standard handle, or a one time design for your run of knives? I would love to match that handle with a clip/bowie style point blade! I'm having mine made as a liner lock, but will be using .125" thick liners, with G-10 or canvas micarta handle overlays, and a deep-carry pocket clip!

Let me know on that handle if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Rick

Nice! How'd you get that awesome finish on the Applegate?

Thanks! My friend tossed me these two foam sanding pads one day that he was gonna throw out. I'm assuming they go on a buffer, they are just foam discs with a sandpaper-like coating on one side and a sticky pad side to attach it to the face of whatever rotary tool it's used for. I just hold one still in my lap, and rub back and forth whatever I'm polishing on them, takes some time but works fantastic. Must be pretty fine grit, between 600-800. I've polished a few blades to a mirror shine, and polished MANY MANY MANY Benchmade pocket clips with 'em if you see my other pics of my 585 and 710. :D:thumbup:

For this knife, I bought it real cheap at a gun show from someone who clearly used it as a beater. So I didn't want to polish it completely, just give it one consistent finish without scratches, haha. I'm happy with how it turned out, almost like a non-reflective gunmetal grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back