EDC!-Which knife or knives are you carrying today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
6433020961_32c04afafe.jpg

This would be my no name POS that I'm carrying for the next week and a half until I get home and can grab a better one. I grabbed this one on accident out of my bin of my cheap knives that I have to bring back with me to college last week. I have never had such a bad knive before. Its all stainless steel and can't cut anything decent. I used a little pocketmate sharpener from walmart to put a edge on it so its somewhat sharp now but still really bad.

This would be my no name POS that I'm carrying for the next week and a half until I get home and can grab a better one. I grabbed this one on accident out of my bin of my cheap knives that I have to bring back with me to college last week. I have never had such a bad knive before. Its all stainless steel and can't cut anything decent. I used a little pocketmate sharpener from walmart to put a edge on it so its somewhat sharp now but still really bad.

Go to a sporting store and grab a Spyderco Tenacious / Ambitious or whatever. You don't have to suffer :D

Go to a sporting store and grab a Spyderco Tenacious / Ambitious or whatever. You don't have to suffer :D

the spyderco tenacious family of knives are great for the money, or a buck vantage select, one of the best knives you can get under $30 IMO.

the byrd cara cara 2 G10 is also a very good knife for the money:

2954853e.jpg

Last edited:

I feel your pain but you better get yourself something better to hang around here or we'll have to do an intervention.;)

I'm running my Sebenza today, which has not been in my pocket for a couple of years. I had forgotten what a nice piece of knife it is.

Picture005.jpg

I can suffer for a week :p That 30$ can go to a better knife at a later date.

This is the Sharpener: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Smith-s-Pocket-Pal-Multi-Functional-Knife-Sharpener/16913556 It does alright considering its 9 bucks. The knife itself just didn't want a new edge.

$30 can get you a nice knife, a buck vantage select is around $20-$25 and worth every penny (and some).

i recommend staying away from carbide pull sharpeners, they do more damage to the edge than good. you can get a sharpening system like a basic 3 stone lansky for around $20-$25.

Last edited:
This knife is sharp as a fart in a windstorm [out of the box] ?!?!?
Needs a pro edge - Shipping next week to Knife Spa :D
2v00ks9.jpg

309iur4.jpg

Last edited:
i recommend staying away from carbide pull sharpeners, they do more damage to the edge than good. you can get a sharpening system like a basic 3 stone lansky for around $20-$25.
Its not a knife that I care about, which is why I brought it to college. Its currently sharp enough from the pocket pal. Its one of those knives that I don't mind ruining. It was one of those fake Military honoring kind of knives to begin with anyways.

I feel your pain but you better get yourself something better to hang around here or we'll have to do an intervention.;)
I'm working on that...If you want to do an intervention feel free. It should be interesting :p

Its not a knife that I care about, which is why I brought it to college. Its currently sharp enough from the pocket pal. Its one of those knives that I don't mind ruining. It was one of those fake Military honoring kind of knives to begin with anyways.

If you know how, a coffee mug will work better than that pull through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back