Edc

Ya know, I wasn't a fan of the vertical EDC sheath at first glance. But I decided to wear it for a few days and I no longer feel the need to order something different. I absolutely love this sheath in the way it wears and how it keeps the knife.

In retrospect, perhaps I should have pursued the horizontal sheath option for toolbelt carry. As it stands, the pommel digs into the oblique while the sheath digs into the upper thigh. Rides a bit high, blade draw requires a delicate dance of the wrist and fingers as muscle memory has not yet set in. I am probably going to end up sanding the scales for improved purchase as I cannot have the EDC dropping on my shoe as only the toe is protected by steel.

UPDATE: Tek-Lok secured by 2 x 6-32x5/8" with washers, hex nuts and 1/4" rubber standoffs (to accomodate the depth of the integrated belt loop). Combat Master Mini was another quick, dirty and readily available solution (to drop the handle slightly below the waistline). The Dozier vertical sheath used horizontally is a winner and I am glad I went this way. The key to smooth deployment is to initiate the draw with the heel of the palm. If there is a critique regarding this configuration, it would be that I would have preferred that the Tek-Lok be secured to the upper eyelets as carried items are more likely to snag in an upper cavity (between the sheath and the belt) than a bottom cavity. A very minor quibble.

CPK-EDC-Vertical-Sheath.jpg

Last edited:
Another leather carry option:

DSC01073_zpswfwsnxjv.jpg

DSC01072%202_zpsu1w2vqrm.jpg

Ni

:thumbsup: Nice combo Peter!

Thanks Gus, looks like Bud's Monarch sized sheaths fit the CPK EDC like a glove. I was actually surprised that my cross draw sheath fit so well. Good to know that his ISP's also work well for pocket carry.

I want to jazz and sexy up my EDCs. Can you folks with your fancy schmancy beads please direct me to a website that I can ogle over and peruse some beads (no derriere jokes in here please) without getting price gouged for something like Pb selling for the price of Au, for my EDCs. TY :)

I want to jazz and sexy up my EDCs. Can you folks with your fancy schmancy beads please direct me to a website that I can ogle over and peruse some beads (no derriere jokes in here please) without getting price gouged for something like Pb selling for the price of Au, for my EDCs. TY :)

I got mine from Keith Griffin up in Canada. Super nice guy, he's on Instagram under combatbeads. You can DM him, and he usually responds promptly.

Here's one of Keith's Ti beads
ohMY9oM.jpg

and one in copper. Sheath is from JouFuu Leather.
gE1fBGD.jpg

8oGfcYo.jpg

Last edited:
Back