Emerson Fit and Finish Addendum

Originally Posted by Wunderbar
Now explain how you know that no other brands of knives were present at the missions described in your "Fit and Finish" post.
I guess we'll never know.

It took all that writing for him to not answer the question.

Mr Emerson, I admire what ou do and the contributions you have made. But when you make statement like "no other knives were carried" some of us would really like to know how you can be 100% sure that there were no Busses, no Kabars, no ESEEs...all of which have been and are carried by military personal throughout the world.

Mr. Emerson’s knives are awesome; however, I read in Jane's Defense Weekly that the DevGru commando who dispatched the Somali Pirate with a knife, on the yacht Quest, was carrying a DPx H.E.S.T. folder --- and he didn't even have to open it - the blade tip protruded just enough that he was able to disembowel the pirate, reach in, grab his intestines and use them to repel down to a lower deck – you know, just like Machete did in the movie

mr. Emerson’s knives are awesome; however, i read in jane's defense weekly that the devgru commando who dispatched the somali pirate with a knife, on the yacht quest, was carrying a dpx h.e.s.t. Folder --- and he didn't even have to open it - the blade tip protruded just enough that he was able to disembowel the pirate, reach in, grab his intestines and use them to repel down to a lower deck – you know, just like machete did in the movie

rofl :d

It took all that writing for him to not answer the question.

Mr Emerson, I admire what ou do and the contributions you have made. But when you make statement like "no other knives were carried" some of us would really like to know how you can be 100% sure that there were no Busses, no Kabars, no ESEEs...all of which have been and are carried by military personal throughout the world.

Mr. E has clearly gotten himself into an indefensible position on this claim. I'll be seeing a close Dev friend in person later this fall and will simply ask in the most specific way that he can possibly answer if he or his coworkers ever carry other brand knives than EKI while working. He won't ever talk about any specific missions in any way, but we've had discussions on weapons and gear they use as I always ask for and trust his opinion for obvious reasons. I don't see any reason he wouldn't be able to say whether or not he or other Dev guys use blades other than EKI for ops such as the ones EE cited.

Mr. Emerson’s knives are awesome; however, I read in Jane's Defense Weekly that the DevGru commando who dispatched the Somali Pirate with a knife, on the yacht Quest, was carrying a DPx H.E.S.T. folder --- and he didn't even have to open it - the blade tip protruded just enough that he was able to disembowel the pirate, reach in, grab his intestines and use them to repel down to a lower deck – you know, just like Machete did in the movie

LOL!!! That scene was freakin hilarious. I was like..... "Did that just really happen....." :)

I met you at the Costa Mesa show and bought a Jim's Whiskey shirt from you and picked it up before I left. I was the guy who waved a bunch of knives and had several Reese Weiland Emersons. I have seen nothing but professionalism from you. F*** the haters. As an infantryman, I served with SFC Gunn and remember showing off my MT's and Commander to him. He had nothing but good to say about you. After meeting you in person, I can say the same. I wear my Emerson shirt proudly.

[video=youtube;jIbhDLVtvig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIbhDLVtvig[/video]

I also met Mr. Emerson at the Costa Mesa show. I picked up an engraved clip for my CQC-10.

Nice guy.

ETA: Nice meeting you there too Matt

Last edited:
I also met Mr. Emerson at the Costa Mesa show. I picked up an engraved clip for my CQC-10.

Nice guy.

I met you there too... nice guy!

Yeah, because Wikipedia is the end all of knowledge........no way in Hell anything on there is wrong....... :rolleyes:

Dear Members,

The dog used in the OBL take down was not just a Belgian Malinois. It was close to the breed but something distinct and a little different. I know some of the actual canine trainers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

FYI the dog WAS actually a Belgian Malinois not just close to the breed and not something distinct and a little different.

Regards

Did not want to quote all the newspapers so I used wikipedia instead, anyway thats just as reliable as Mr. Emerson story about what was or wasn't used during the raid ;) maybe they should also mention on wikipedia that an Emerson knife was used to cut out OBL's bone marrow....because no other knives were present!
By the way the HEST pirate kill was very funny :d

Last edited:
Mr.Emerson I don't know if you will see this , but I love your knives and pray that God keeps you safe and bless you and your family. Keep up the good work.

Most of his knives have great fit and finish so of all the people bitching, has any of you actually owned one of his knives and thought it lacked in fit and finish, if so, lets see it, cause I want to see what you are all talking about. All the Emerson's I have had are excellent!

I'll take a picture of the Prestige Traveler the GF carries when she gets here. It's kinda hard to show that the scales are bigger than the liner or that I can slide a piece of paper between the scale and liner in a pic though.

Most of his knives have great fit and finish so of all the people bitching, has any of you actually owned one of his knives and thought it lacked in fit and finish, if so, lets see it, cause I want to see what you are all talking about. All the Emerson's I have had are excellent!

Some of mine had issues, some didn't.
Mostly the ones with issues had small enough issues that I could address them.
The one I couldn't fix to my liking was fixed up by Emerson, and the customer service response time was good.
I've owned 2 CQC-12's (still have one), a Super Karambit, two La Griffe's (have one still), a Bullnose Karambit, and a Combat Karambit which I still have.

I'll take a picture of the Prestige Traveler the GF carries when she gets here. It's kinda hard to show that the scales are bigger than the liner or that I can slide a piece of paper between the scale and liner in a pic though.

Really? Did you contact Emerson, what was their response?

Don't own one. Never really thought about Emerson knives or Mr. Emerson. But now you all have got me to thinking about going out and buying one just to see who is right and who is wrong about the quality of these things. That Super CQC-8 looks pretty snazzy... I've been happy with every Cold Steel product I've ever bought over the course of 25 years and a lot of Lynn Thompson bashing goes on on the various knife forums. Maybe Emerson will turn out to be a winner despite all the bad mouthing I've seen here. I will say, though, that we're talking a lot of money for a pocket knife.

Should the nonlocking liner deflect on a knife that sells for 200-250 NIB after several months of carrying it?

346nmu0.jpg

Should the nonlocking liner deflect on a knife that sells for 200-250 NIB after several months of carrying it?

Depends on how many times you dropped it while flipping it around. Was it "defective" when you got it?

Back