Everyone's latest acquisitions!

20240413-192529.jpg

NKW - New Knife Week - The majority somehow are fixed blades this time. I haven't taken pics or posted these the past week, while I worked to get my taxes done before the deadline. Now I can breath again 😏😭

* REK Ember in Magnacut & black micarta, with lanyard by Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley - Thanks madcap_magician madcap_magician !!
* Tactical Pteradactyl Knives Raptor in Magnacut high hollow grind w/ jimping and micarta - all from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley Thanks!!
* Mazer Walk-about in AEB-L hollow grind RC 61-62 in white bone micarta handle and lanyard - Thanks navman navman !!
* Maxace Medusa OTF in tanto Magnacut, aluminum, and carbon fiber with replacement comb-blade
* Reate PL-XT with copper PVD Nitro-V blade and hardware, with black micarta scales
* LTWK Boattail in A2 and a greenish-brown micarta with lanyard bead of the same material (and a skull) - Thanks Enzo’s Woodshop Enzo’s Woodshop and for the extra little carved wooden heads and fire starter, that I haven't unwrapped yet. But I'll get pics of them with the kitchen utensil you are finishing up that you started with this knife!
* Slash keychain mini box cutters - 2 max and 3 small

mNDaPyp.jpeg

jBrcYwx.jpeg

4aKxttz.jpeg

zsNjMH2.jpeg

fFHaNhP.jpeg

4ZIBPbQ.jpeg

T3ePbxA.jpeg

b1luN6p.jpeg

uf3kGoH.jpeg

ntMbi8O.jpeg

h8cYwJS.jpeg

Received in the last 3 days… like to start off with my favorite out of all of them, Spyderco yojimbo 2! Also got a kancept Goblin, Oknife Heron Li, Kizer Sheepdog Xl black, Vosteed Rskaos/ Thunderbird. Have a couple more coming in soon this coming week tho! Will post when received. Honestly went crazy in the last month and bought over 15 knives… but hey I love em!

Here is one that I didn't even know existed until I stumbled across it looking for something else. It's an Al Mar (Seki Japan) tribute knife honoring James Nicholas "Nick" Rowe, who is a distant relative of mine. I only met Nick once, and even that was brief.

Al Mar Rowe Knife 1.jpg

Al Mar Rowe Knife 2.jpg

Al Mar Rowe Knife 3b.jpg

It looks really good aside from the fact the engraver misspelled "James"....!

For those who may not recognize the name, among other things he developed the SERE School, using his experiences as a captive of North Vietnam. They held him for five years before he escaped.

In 1989 an assassin's bullet took his life on the streets of Manila while he was doing his duty.

Read all about him here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_N._Rowe

Last edited:
Here is one that I didn't even know existed until I stumbled across it looking for something else. It's an Al Mar (Seki Japan) tribute knife honoring James Nicholas "Nick" Rowe, who is a distant relative of mine. I only met Nick once, and even that was brief.

View attachment 2551583

View attachment 2551584

View attachment 2551585

It looks really good aside from the fact the engraver misspelled "James"....!

For those who may not recognize the name, among other things he developed the SERE School, using his experiences as a captive of North Vietnam. They held him for five years before he escaped. Read all about him here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_N._Rowe

I remember that as a kid. I also remember the designs he did in conjunction with Al Mar....Best blades around d in the late 80's early 90's... Cool piece of FAMILY history!!👍

Well ... I paid for a Beating Heart. 😉 I also ordered The Nuclear Option, so I am calling it a NUCLEAR BEATING HEART!!! 😜

Beating Heart Specs:
Overall Length: Approx. 14 1/4"
Blade Length: Approx. 8 1/4"
Thickness: Approx. .210"
Bevel: Flat Saber
Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Blade Finish: Coated, Stonewashed or Hand Applied Satin
Handle: Canvas Micarta or G10
The Nuclear Option:
The Nuclear Option is not for the faint of heart but rather for those bacon-loving HOGs who do not fear the unknown!!!
The Nuclear option on the Beating Heart is a grab bag of sorts. You will receive a randomly selected handle from a pile of Nuclear Castoffs.
This pile of handles has many hand-laminated G10 and Micarta slabs as well as some solid colors not normally offered!
This option does not allow you to choose your handle!!!! . . . You do not get A CHOICE! You will get whatever you get by the blind luck of the draw! It is a veritable PORKpourri of oddball handle materials! The Nuclear Option will also include the Busse Custom Shop logo. The Nuclear Option Handles are available on Coated, Stonewashed, and Hand Applied Satin blades.

Back