Fiddleback Secret Santa

I received my package yesterday but haven't had time to post up the goods yet. I'll try to upload them later tonight.

Also, the gifts for my "target" are going out tomorrow. There was an unfortunate shipment delay, but they'll be close to getting there on time!

Phew!! Mine is out for delivery. Some of my other stuff has post office delays but I'm glad this one is getting there in time. You just never know.

I need to go ahead and apologize now to my recipient for the delay in shipping. It took a while to get things together, then it took a while to gather funds for shipping...(this has been a really rough year for me financially with the messed up leg that is just now healing pretty well but still not healed all the way.) Then I had truck issues while I was out shopping with my daughter and had to spend money on repairs I wasn't prepared to spend. So much of my Christmas is being delayed by a day or two. I am very sorry for this.

I need to go ahead and apologize now to my recipient for the delay in shipping. It took a while to get things together, then it took a while to gather funds for shipping...(this has been a really rough year for me financially with the messed up leg that is just now healing pretty well but still not healed all the way.) Then I had truck issues while I was out shopping with my daughter and had to spend money on repairs I wasn't prepared to spend. So much of my Christmas is being delayed by a day or two. I am very sorry for this.

Hey Mist, taking care of you and yours always comes first. This is just a bit of Forum fun, nobody will fault you or be upset.

I sent mine out and who knows how long it’ll take to get Stateside. It’s just part of the fun!

Have a blessed Christmas.

Hey Mist, taking care of you and yours always comes first. This is just a bit of Forum fun, nobody will fault you or be upset.

I sent mine out and who knows how long it’ll take to get Stateside. It’s just part of the fun!

Have a blessed Christmas.

Thanks man. I have mine already and am just completely blown away by all of it. This year, being the first one of being a single dad after almost 15 years of marriage, Alayna becoming a middle schooler and starting her physical journey into womanhood a lot sooner than I expected... the busted leg and all...it has just seemed like one challenge after another with lots of things getting delayed.

Well thank you Santa!

And how did you know I needed a new strop? And something to keep me occupied on this windy and wet day. Waylon and Merle on the turntable, a good fire burning, hot coffee, a new mug and a good cigar care of my buddy Nathan, and honing up a few blades care of my Secret Santa. Pretty much a perfect day.

My package was mailed out this week - the elves were a bit slow getting things together - but according to the USPS Sleigh Service things should be delivered today.

Santa-vi.jpg

DC71B5F1-5200-4680-9112-18B537FFD0EB.jpeg You remember that feeling you got as a kid when your eyes laid on the things you just received in a Christmas gift? Something that was way bigger than you imagined?
I’d been secretly coveting one of this blade smiths knives, a Puukko by Malanika.The tea is especially welcomed as are the FF dog tag and longneck coozy AND the LaRue tactical Texas beverage entry (armadillo no less) tool! Whew! To say “Thank You Secret Santa” ain’t even enough!

Last edited:
Had to open package early making the journey up to the Brainard area for Christmas.
This was an enjoyable experience and look forward to participating in This event again.
A big thank you to Panthera Tigris for the Mora 106, food safe furniture polish, and Steri-Strips.
I look forward to using everything and secretly looking forward to trying out the Steri-Strips

t8qoYNY.jpg

DA93D05D-8C93-4169-9DEE-043A440FD19D.jpeg Really grateful for the friendships here on the Fiddleback Forum and Secret Santa really puts those relationships on display. Thanks Phil (Comprehensiveist) for the awesome field sharpening kit, bottle opener and Melisa’s wonderful card and letter. Love to read about your adventures. And to my SS Tony (Luca917) I love ya man and your well thought out gifts have yet to leave my pocket. I’ll especially cherish the Barlow and will think about you and the boys whenever I use it. The cigar will likely not make it long after lunch. Merry Christmas to everyone and you families and loved ones.

My gift this year included an array of items showcasing small businesses and artists in my Secret Santa’s home town in Pennsylvania. Some awesome tasting pretzels, semi-sweet & milk chocolate “buds”, a canvas utility bag, and a lovely earthenware crock. The pretzels will not survive the day now that my in-laws have discovered them. :thumbsup:

The earthenware crock has some very cool colors and leaf patterns going on.

It fits right in with things we like to look at in our garden kitchen window.

Thanks Santa and Merry Christmas to all my Fiddleback friends.

Phil

I received this packed a few days ago, but didn't have time to post pictures until today! Thank you Blaine! What an awesome selection of items!

I'll find a home for the hone too. ;)

Fol3JPbl.jpg

3CoV6w9l.jpg

Well I opened my secret Santa today and what a surprise it was. Basically from two people. Had a very special note from Hilary included with one of her jock straps. In place of her cup was an awesome, badass little rechargeable flashlight and a crisp $100 bill from Jerry. This was awesome. Thank you two very much as we laughed our asses off over this one. Merry Christmas.

Edited....
I heard Jerry was actually caught tucking cash in Hillary’s jock at his local strip club. So this is where originated.

Last edited:
Back