Fiddlebacks and Coffee

Here's one I don't often show off. My Ironwood Asp. Something about the feel of this one is just right.

Nice Tony. That's exactly what everyone needs to get their day started. A nice cup of joe, (although it looks more like you take your coffee with cream) a smoke, 1911 and an Ironwood Asp.

While I don't yet have a Fiddleback (being delivered today), and I don't drink coffee (does black tea made on a Core 4 count?), I DO have one of those Perdomos aging in my coolerdor, and I DO carry a Kimber CDP. So we may not be close relatives, but maybe distant ones. Great taste in your choices!

Tazo Awake. You don't drink it for the taste, you drink it for the buzz. Will post up a pic later hopefully.

The picture above does have me pondering knife/cigar pairings, however. A Perdomo Noir is a good choice for that knife I think. My "default" Fuente 8-5-8's probably suit my worn Victorinox Cadet. Always there, always functional. Not as sexy as some choices, but available and usable.

XtSdKuu.jpg

Coffee and a Fiddleback starts the day off right.
Dc3dXJb.jpg

YuC5aQb.jpg

OK, first Fiddleback Forge, a Kephart. It arrived this afternoon, so rather than just picturing it next to my beverage, I used my new knife to MAKE my beverage. Luckily for me we have clarified that tea qualifies. So some late afternoon caffeine:

The Kephart fits the hand beautifully. And it did the prep for the stove very well. You all will excuse me if I used the striker for my firesteel rather than the knife back on day #1, won't you?

An Asp with a swedgie & a nice IW handle to back it up......nice one Luca :thumbup:

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with this smoked turkey breast yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something :)

20160911_101755_zps1wvxputo.jpg

What kind of stove are you using there 59Bassman?

OK, first Fiddleback Forge, a Kephart. It arrived this afternoon, so rather than just picturing it next to my beverage, I used my new knife to MAKE my beverage. Luckily for me we have clarified that tea qualifies. So some late afternoon caffeine:

The Kephart fits the hand beautifully. And it did the prep for the stove very well. You all will excuse me if I used the striker for my firesteel rather than the knife back on day #1, won't you?

fdeeda44d0e485ae33c97f296a26d9bc.jpg

Starting 2017 off with coffee, a new rustic wrap, and a new book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shot Douglas!

I need more coffee...

Cup #2 is going to have just a bit of the hair of the dog aka French Brandy in it! I trust you've come to the other side of that flu bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back