First Victorinox! What was yours?

I got my first Victorinox...today!!! Actually, I bought 3 SAKs today.

A Victorinox Fieldmaster and a Classic SD. Then while shopping at a different store, I came across some Wengers, so I grabbed a Wenger Handyman.

Here's pics...

These are the Victorinox...

IMG_0215.jpg

Here's one of all three...
IMG_0216.jpg

I picked these up because sometimes it's nice to have a few small tools at your disposal whenever you may need one, and I never could get used to carrying a Leatherman on my belt. These SAKs are small enough to where I can carry one in my left front pocket while having my EDC clip knife in my right, and then the little classic on my key chain. The Wenger I will keep as a backup.

Red classic

Ditto. My parents bought it for me years ago. I've since lost it several times over. I have another one now, but it resides in a survival kit I keep handy. My wife's first was a Rambler and she still has it. She keeps it in her purse.

Ditto. My parents bought it for me years ago. I've since lost it several times over. I have another one now, but it resides in a survival kit I keep handy. My wife's first was a Rambler and she still has it. She keeps it in her purse.
Do you mean you still have the original classic, or did you buy replacements?

SAK Tinker, bought it for $26+tax in 1991. Unfortunately, I no longer have it :(.

My very first SAK was the one we were issued with during my 14 months mandatory army service over here.
All silver Victorinox Pioneer 1989
Still have it. Very beat up, but still functional.
Now I have a brand new silver Pioneer as sole EDC

A Swisschamp! It my third SAK; the first two were Wengers, one given away, the other stolen. That was in 1993, by which time I had learned more about SAKs and decided to replace it with top of the line. It was my only pocket knife for the next three years and I used the hell out of it. I still have it. Best SAK ever (and I like them all :) ).

A red Classic was my first (like a lot of folks, I guess). I think in the case of this knife, the name "Classic" is truly apt.

Besides the little red one, and a few others, I was fortunate to have a friend give me one of the green-sided 108mm Mausers about 20 years ago... I used it for EDC until quite recently.

I got my first Victorinox about 15 or 16 years ago: a black explorer.

This SAK has a special value to me because it was on my belt or in my pocket on several memorable occasions (I had it on my pocket when I got married and when my daughter was born... actually I carried it also last week when she "graduated" from kinder-garden), it was my EDC for several years but now I only carry it occasionally because I'm afraid of losing or damaging it; however, it's such a great tool that I just can't leave it on a drawer permanently, it needs to see some action from time to time.

Jaime Orozco

my first one was a spartan. i like it so much that when i saw a spartan lite (same thing only with tiny button cell flashlight and dedicated philips screw driver also has a eyeglasss screw driver in the corkscrew) which i carry whenever im going somewhere where my other edcs raise eyebrows. or whenever i wear my glasses. icant tell you how many times ive had to sneak that knife out in school to get to that little screw driver. saved the day for myself, other ppl and a few teachers several times.

Mine was a Vic "Officer Suisse"? That's stamped on the blade anyhow. It has the big blade, pen blade, reamer, can opener, bottle cap lifter, PLIERS, scissors, phillips head and tweezers, toothpick. Got it as a Christmas gift circa 1987, maybe the best gift I ever received from my mother. Handling it right now haha!

My first SAK was a Victorinox Huntsman. I saved up for it and bought it myself when I was 12, back in 1983 or so. It was my edc from then until about 2000, and it got used hard. I still have it and it is still fully functional, though it bears plenty of scars proudly.

An original (no pliers) Vic Champion. Got it before I was even 10 years old, in the late 1970s/early 1980s. It was given to me by a grandfatherly neighbour who was a regimental sergeant major in the Canadian Army in the Second World War (he died in about 1987). I still have it and still use it from time to time (but never EDC it). It is without doubt the single thing I've owned the longest. It's a bit bashed up and scuffed, but still works 100%.

Mine was a Vic "Officer Suisse"? That's stamped on the blade anyhow. It has the big blade, pen blade, reamer, can opener, bottle cap lifter, PLIERS, scissors, phillips head and tweezers, toothpick. Got it as a Christmas gift circa 1987, maybe the best gift I ever received from my mother. Handling it right now haha!
I think that's a Swiss champ. Mine says "Officer Suisse" too. Not entirely sure what it means.

I means "Swiss Officer" Most of the knives we're talking about here are all considered by Victorinox to be directly descendent of the original 1891 Officer Knife. They consider the Spartan to be THE base knife, the one that all the others are built off of, particularly because it's in the 91mm class.

My first SAK was a Huntsman, that my parents gave me when I was ten years old. Unfortunately I lost it. The first SAK that I bought myself was a Soldier from 2002, which was my EDC knife for several years and I carried it on a lot of hiking and camping trips too.

My first was a Tinker. It now resides at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay. Still rust free, no doubt.

My first SAK was a Tinker. I believe I got it around 1985 when I spent some time working out of the country. I wanted something that was not aggressive looking for use outside the USA that I could carry onto planes and so forth. (That Changed after 911.) Got hooked on them at that time. Lost it and replaced it. Probably lost it since? Next one was a Soldier which I like. Carried that one for about 5 years and thought I lost it. (It eventually turned up.) Then I saw the Adventurer model at a gunshow and bought that one. I rely heavily on the Adventurer as an EDC but I have started to look at the One Hand Trekker (non-serrated) as a good substitute. At this point, I have quite a few of the SAK models but use the Advernturer the most. I keep a couple back ups on both the Advernturer and One Handed Trekker. I very much prefer the 111 mm SAKs over the smaller ones.

A pocker pal when I was a kid of about 7 or 8. Wish I had taken care of it and still had it.

Back