Fox River Magnum Passaround

Well, out of a clear blue surprise, the Fox River Magnum arrived today. I wasn't expecting it today at all.

Today, unfortunately is a busy work-at-home day, so I may not be able to get to play until later tonight or tomorrow. My Labor Day weekend will have quite a bit of labor...:grumpy:

Anyway, first impression:Wow!

I like the feel of it, it handles well and balances in the hand. I can see the nice convex edge on it. The firesteel looked completely unused so I had to take it outside and at least throw some sparks...:D

My first plan is to do a little insided veggie work - I have a nice green tomato that looks to be fried and I think the FRM will be the workhorse on it.

I will get some pics up as quick as I slay and fry the tomato! :D

Tonight or tomorrow there will be fire and outside work!

This is a heck of a knife. I will be adding one!

The sheath also caught my eye - it is a nice sheath from Sharpshooter Sheath Systems. Much nicer than the sheath that came with my 'Lil Nessie.

More to come...

Last edited:
The sheath also caught my eye - it is a nice sheath from BRKT. Much nicer than the sheath that came with my 'Lil Nessie. I almost didn't think it was a BRKT sheath.

The Newer Bark River Sheaths are Top Notch. :cool:

Since Mike Stewart convinced Reid (Sharpshooter) to move his company (Sharpshooter Sheath Systems) up to the BRK&T facility, the quality of sheaths that now comes standard with the knives is the quality of custom work.

Plus Reid has been redesigning the sheaths for better fit and changed the old fold over belt loops to sown on loops that ride higher and tighter.

For those of us who like a low riding knife or wear a pack with waist belt, Reid has an adjustable Drop Loop that lets you dial in the drop of the sheath.

Plus His Baldric Rig is designed to carry the weight of big blades on the opposite shoulder; a slick, and totally adjustable set-up.

Great knives, great sheaths, great prices. :thumbup:

Last edited:
glad you got the fox river mg. safely troy. I'm sure you'll love using it. I was really impressed with the heft of it. Just a great knife all around.

I also love the SS sheaths. Reid and co. do a fantastic job. i've yet to see one that wasn't spot on.

We look forward to your review.

Brett

The Fox River Magnum is boxed up and I'm going to try to get to the Post Office on the way to work tomorrow to get it shipped - I'll squeeze it in somewhere if the powers are smiling on me. :D

I got a bunch of pictures and need to get my review written up when I have time to sort through the pictures.

All I can say is, Tonym you have a heck of a blade there! :D

It's on my list to get!

I found the size great. I wore it around all day today and used it this evening for awhile. I am impressed with it.

Someone has to tell me how to get a fire going with a fire steel though. I didn't have any PJ Cotton balls for the "attempt" to catch the spark and I think I was too far away from the tinder pile because I didn't want to bash the blade into the rock I use as a base plate for experimental fire building. I was getting a good throw on the sparks though!

j williams, get ready...

I look forward to your pics, I am glad you enjoyed the knife. Keep practicing with that ferro rod. Try putting the bottom of the rod on the PCB's and strike slow with lots of pressure.

Hey guys - internet was down for a few days. Glad to see the passaround is running smoothly!

Glad to have you back Brian. Man that Mora passaround needs some help.

Awesome. That didnt take long.:thumbup:

I will post when I get it, and hold it ransom till Tony is finished with my keppy in the JK passaround:eek:

:D:p J/K tony!!:eek:

Awesome. That didnt take long.:thumbup:

I will post when I get it, and hold it ransom till Tony is finished with my keppy in the JK passaround:eek:

:D:p J/K tony!!:eek:

Be nice, you might even get something else in the mail, that your not even expecting;)

OOOOH. I like that.:thumbup::D

I have been looking forward to this one! Tht knife looks too sweet. I will probably order one when Im done though:eek:

Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. Just make sure you check Mrs. Mosley's mail the next few days.

No, I'm sure if she gets it first she'll pass it on to you. Its a suprise bro, no further info is required, don't worry its not a dead cat or a live one either!

Oh. as long as its not a dead cat,or a live one.

arghhh. I dont cope well with suprises. Now im gonna be at th mailbox for the next few days in suspense. The mailman will think im waiting on crack. Which I kinda am I guess.:D

Back