Fox River Magnum Passaround

Its the magnum proto Bruce, I have no quams throwing you in at the end if you want in.

Just been debating which one I like better. The bonus of the Highland is it's A2 and a bit better for an EDC carry. But the Magnum can be found for a great price right now.

Got this one in the mail today.:D:thumbup:

Very cool blade. I wasnt sure how I would like the handles in that color, but they look really cool.

Initial impression-- Blade length to thickness ratio is wonderfull. It is a well ballanced knife, that feels very agile for such a heavy one. It has that great Barkie grind, that im very fond of.:thumbup:

Who made this sheath? Is it a JRE one? I am not very impressed with it. The leather is alot thinner then other ones I have had of the same design by JRE. It holds the knife well, and is a great color, stitching is top notch, It just feels flimsy compared to other Barkie Sharpshooter and JRE rigs I have owned.:confused:

I for one like Mikes stainless steel. Its a very good one.:thumbup:

I will take some pics, and do some work with it tommarow.:thumbup:

All in all, Its a sweet blade, tthat is now on my "to own" list.

Thanks for the chance with this one Tony. Its awesome!!

I am not involved in the passaround, but I liked it well enough to order one from DLT, I have a Fox River, but I love bigger blades. everyones comments helped me to decide. I wasnt sure about 12c27. I love A2, so the comments about 12c27 made me feel better about it. thanks. it should be here mon. or tues. also I got the red linen micarta!

Man, that will look sweet. Post pics when you get it!

You will love it their stainless is wonderfull.

Congrats on the incoming knife Tim.

J give that thing a good workout bro. You know it must be my luck with FoxRiver sheaths. The sheath on my reg Foxriver doesn't hold the knife well at all, its very loose to the point it will bounce around if I jump down off a boulder or something.

Its strange, cause my keppy had almost the same sheath(differant loop, and color) And that was one snug fitting sheath. The belt loop was a fold over riveted, not a sewn on loop. Wonder why this one is differant?

It fits good in this sheath, and the knife itself is top notch. I cant wait to get outside with it!!

My Fox River slid out of my sheath when I held it downward & sliced off the tip of my trigger finger. I am very cautious now. I also put a piece of leather inside the sheath to snug up the fit.

Had some fun with this knife this morning, and over the weekend. I made some slaw with it sunday, didnt take a pic though. It chopped great, and mikes stainless is a great steel.

Worked it over pretty good this morning. Heres the highlights.....

Heres the test subject pictured with the RAT izula Proto. 2 prototypes together for one awesome picture:thumbup: Kinda blurry, but eh.
101_1319.jpg

This thing is a beast of a knife. A true workhorse, that is comfy in all sorts of grips...
101_1320.jpg

This was exactly 22.6 seconds of chopping. I was amazed at how quick it made this ancient oak its beotch:)
101_1322.jpg

1 tap with a baton split this wood with ease, like butter baby!!!!
101_1323.jpg

I am convinced I couldve made curls all day with this blade. The magnum really shined here, esp w/ the blade thickness:eek:
101_1324.jpg

I have medium sized mits, and the handle length gave me lots of options for a forward grip or a more relaxed distal grip.
101_1325.jpg

Now for the next test, the seldom practiced Pug shave........
101_1326.jpg

Well im sorry, the little bugger wouldnt hold still long enough to get a racing stripe.:eek:

He hates me for sure now:rolleyes:

Cmon guys, you really think I would shave my wifes dog? That is one road I will never go down!!!:D

Nice pics J, glad to here everyone is pretty happy with the performance with this stainless.

Is that your Pug, or do you just go around shaving the first dog you see.

never mind I see its your wife's dog.

On my hip right now. This thing is a freakin razor. I love it. Farmer makes an awesome Blade. Mind if I throw up a review, and give some props?

I got my Fox River Mag. in today, I love it. It is like a small camp knife, not as pointed as the Fox River. It is very sharp & heavy enough to do larger chores. I cant wait to use it in the woods. The red linen handles look great too. if I could post pics, I would. computer problems.

I got my Fox River Mag. in today, I love it. It is like a small camp knife, not as pointed as the Fox River. It is very sharp & heavy enough to do larger chores. I cant wait to use it in the woods. The red linen handles look great too. if I could post pics, I would. computer problems.

Exellent bro, can you get us a pic?:thumbup:

Back