Francisco Vaz delivery

I thought about the “thinness” of Francisco’s knives. I don’t have a caliper, but I do have a couple of Murray Carter knives and a couple of Don Andrade knives. Francisco’s spine widths and edge widths are very comparable to Carter’s and Andrade’s. Kitchen knives should be thinner than tactical knives. I can see using them “as they were intended” for a very long time with no problems.
That's great to hear! I agree about using a knife for its intended purposes, as long as I know what those "best" intentions and purposes are 😅.

Sad to say, but I'm not familiar with those two knifemakers, but it seems to me that if there's a perfect shape and and thin shape to a kitchen knife, no point to depart from the tried and true!

But overall, thinner seems to produce that razor-sharp edge we all want then it's up to the individual knifemaker to produce and create their mark, steel, HT, and more well so it not only slices, cuts, chops, and more, well, but also stands the test of time:).

I personally have neglected a lot in my kitchen at home for myself and family and am looking forward to using my kitchen, knives, and more for their intended purpose of healthier meals, instead if convenient meals. Start of a better road ahead!

Now to mess with you a bit, or learn more, what kinda cutting board is that 🤔?? That looks thinner than Vaz's blades 🤣...just poking.

But really, I have been looking into some of these end (and edge) grain wood cutting boards, that seem to have beauty and purpose, and hope one or two in the kitchen may compliment the raw beauty of Vaz's blades.

I have seen a bit on posts here and through some research, there's some nice brands out there. I haven't handled any yet though. I want to buy one or two and be done, at least for a bit if they work. Sonders of Los Angeles, John Boos, and Stella Falone (from Taylor's Guitars), among others I may be missing.

We will see.

Jaysdad2 Jaysdad2 Francisco Vaz Francisco Vaz Small Update for now:
Haven't had the time like I've wanted or delved into food prepping but my daughter and I have enjoyed some pears and apples, and boy do Vaz's blades slice and cut immensely well and with style!

I got some sweet shots, including my new cutting board (Sonder LA, end grain cut-after seeing another post on here), that I felt was the appropriate stage for all things food prep.

Pretty sure this k-tip is sporting Magnacut and Ironwood (correct me if I'm off Vaz)...enjoying this one!

Hopefully will post some more in the near future!20231212_154852.jpg20231212_154936.jpg20231212_155049.jpg20231212_155137.jpg20231212_160017.jpg20231212_160458.jpg20231212_160426.jpg20231212_160328.jpg20231212_155953.jpg20231212_155959.jpg

Just bought a set of 5 knives, they were delivered today. absolutely astonishing quality throughout. very happy customer.
Glad to hear! Francisco does amazing work! I hope you grace us with some pictures of your blades here or somewhere soon. That would be great!

I bought his "birthday" damascus gyuto last July. Putting it to use tonight thin slicing some left over Tri-Tip for french dip sliders!

Attachments

• FV1.jpg
    FV1.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 1
I bought his "birthday" damascus gyuto last July. Putting it to use tonight thin slicing some left over Tri-Tip for french dip sliders!
Wow, gorgeous blade (especially FVaz's signature brute de forge & damascus combo) and that tri tip looks great 👌!

What is that gold strip in the handle (and really all the material in the handle) made of? 🤔

From Francisco's original description: "We got an african ebony bolster, yellow stabilized maple and then a really beautiful and highly figured emerald-green stabilized maple burl."

From Francisco's original description: "We got an african ebony bolster, yellow stabilized maple and then a really beautiful and highly figured emerald-green stabilized maple burl."
Wow...beautiful and complimentary elegance...ready for a long life of use!

Back