• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gents Perfect EDC SlipJoint--Blue Siberian Mammoth Ivory

pappy1959

Banned
Amherst Cutlery-Pappy's Best!!
Handmade in Amherst, Ohio
Length Closed: 3"
Length Open: 5-1/2"
Blade Steel: 154CM
Liners/Bolsters: 416 stainless
Handle Material: 10,000 year old mammoth ivory from Siberia
Lanyard: Handmade leather with handmade walrus ivory bead
Nail Pull: Half-moon standard
Blade Finish: Hand-rubbed satin
Half Stop: none, flush in the open and closed positions
Milled/Relieved Blades
Stainless Pins
Limited Edition: 1 of 100
Presentation: Boxed with tissue, leather sheath with belt hook enclosed
Price: $295 regular price................today, $245USD.SOLD. Thank You.

This is a great EDC. No fishhooks sticking out so when you reach into your pocket, no scratches

The mammoth ivory has been stabilized with cyanoacrylate to maintain the character lines and colors. Outstanding blue, and blue/greens. Nice contrasts between the blues and the underlying creamy white.

I will turn the bead and put the lanyard on before shipping.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking and, as always, your comments are welcome......

Keep Care,

Pappy

Attachments

• 087a.jpg
    087a.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,222
  • 087b.jpg
    087b.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2,212
  • 087c.jpg
    087c.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,209
  • 087d.jpg
    087d.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,205
Last edited:
I have not recieved this knife. I thought for sure I would have gotten it by Christmas

The last email I got was 12-10-08 saying it was on the way and I would be getting a tracking number, but I have not gotten anything since then.

Another forum member also had a long delay with his purchase in this maker's original offerings, but his emails were answered and all eventually worked out o.k.
as a frequent buyer of custom knives posted in these forums, i would find such a delay so unacceptable, i would no longer want the knife.
roland

Have you contacted the seller? He should explain why the delay and why you didn' got a tracking number.

I have no idea of why your shipment is delayed, but I had a similar experience with Pappy. He had gone out of town without first taking care of business. When he did get back, he more than made up for the delay. He apologized profusely and I accepted. I do believe you will receive the item. He may have left town and told someone to take care of it and they did not, as it was in my case.

Good Luck,
Jim

I sure hope that all turns out well with this transaction. It looks like a hell of a knife for the money!

I met Tim at the Chicago show. I don't think you will have any problems. He's probally out right now. I'm sure he will take care of you for the lateness.:thumbup:

I am currently having the same problem on a knife I purchased from Pappy, matter of fact the dates of the last email match my last communication. I am a little worried since my first experience with pappy was so perfect. I hope nothing has happened to him health wise????

I would just like to hear a response one way or another...If anyone hears anything please feel free to contact me at sunburst_fruit@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Sunburst

This was my second purchase from him. The first order was shipped 2 weeks after I sent payment. This item was paid for on November 24,08. I got an email within a very short time after I made the payment saying it would go out the next morning (Nov.25th) and he would email me a tracking number. Then 2 weeks later (Dec. 10th) I got an email saying the knife was on the way , but he was away from the office and did not have the tracking number. That was the last email I have gotten. Anyway I emailed again yesterday asking that he just refund my money as I feel the whole thing has been a waste of time and prefer that it would just be over and done with so I don't have to keep thinking or wandering about what is going on. I have no hard feelings as I know things can happen and I am not going to hold a grudge. I just want a refund as this has gone on for too long..

JW,You are real patient. I gotta give you credit.And I know personally,how you handle sales & your customers,you're all over it,AAA+++ :thumbup:
I hope you get it worked out,just reading & listening ,is aggrevating,not good.
-Vince

If you are serious about not wanting the knife JW, I will ask for seconds on it.
Thanks,
Jim

But if I were you, I would wait just a little longer, I think Pappy will come through and you will be happy you did.

me too. there's something very "fishy" going on here.
has anybody ever been to Pappy's establishment to see what actual "work" is done there ?
maybe there is a delay in receiving overseas shipments ?
roland

I am having the same problem. I ordered a knife on 12-1 and haven't received it yet.

Here is what I know. A week after I paid, I still hadn't received a shipping notice as promised via an email on 12-1, so I called. The person who answered (Pappy?) said that he had had an accident with the belt sander (or another type of sander, I don't remember) and hurt his fingers pretty bad and had to go to the hospital and could not send out emails without bleeding all over the keyboard.

I have called once a week since then and no one has answered the phone or returned emails or phone calls.

Even with an injury something should be done to inform your customers of delays. Change the answering machine recording, an email written by someone else, something.

It's weird because Pappy's last post here was 12-13, five days after I called the first time.

Eric

Last edited:
Back