George has Passed Away

RIP Sir George, so very sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting you. From what I have seen in the postings by people who did know you, I missed a lot.
God bless you and Carol.

very sincerely, Mike

I'm so sorry to hear this. I did't know him but he was much loved on this forum. Glad to hear he died peacefully. So many that I see die do so in a long drawn out out hell like misery. God bless!:(

Wow, I had no idea. Heartfelt condolences to the Tichbourne family. I will miss you forever George....

Thankyou all for your kind wishes. Sadly George suffered unmercifully.
My hope is that he is now resting in peace.

Carol

My condolences...I'm a little taken back as I had no idea when I entered his section of the knife maker's forum that he had passed. I only spoke to George a couple of times on the phone but I have great respect for him. One time I called to get his opinion on white corian for a custom knife I was having made by another knife maker. I was worried he would hang up when I told him I was looking for info for an order with someone else but instead he was happy to help and shot the breeze with me for half an hour or so. Rest in peace George.

He will be missed. I just caught the news. It saddens me deeply. I will keep Carol in my thoughts and prayers. It seems that in the last few years we have lost many of the great makers. With those that have gone before there will be smileing faces to greet him in heaven.

RIP George... I had no idea he had passed until I was lucky enough to acquire one of his knives from another forum member, and decided to learn more about it. A great knife made by a great guy! Carol I am sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace.

Back