Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

Because I live in England, the silly nanny state has disarmed us decades ago and now we are only allowed to have 3 inch blade max non-lockable - bleedin useless - so I can`t take that chunky blue one out with me `cos it`s illegal being a 4" lockable folder !

Even this little 13 oz black mini axe hammer saw knife tool is frowned upon in Britain.

That totally sucks! Really sorry about this!

I live in Canada where there is no limit on the blade length but you should be able to justify carrying it and explain that you do not intend to use it as a weapon. If you say you have a knife for self-defence, you get handcuffed!!

Also, these knives are illegal: 1) switchblades, 2) butterfly knives and 3) push daggers. This is ridiculous and does not make any sense. Stupid laws that ban certain knives... But... cannabis is legal here, not a bad trade-off!

I'm thinking that 4" is where the really big folder category begins, but there are quite a few just a taste under that, so let's start at 100 mm or 3 7/8" and you can show us what you have for large folders. I certainly wouldn't quibble over a mm or two....

I'm not sure if this one qualifies: Schrade 301 Heavy Duty Framelock Folder Tanto, its blade is only 3.7 inches long but it weighs 10.60 oz = 300 g, so it looks and feels quite large.

QSVikh4.jpg

9dfCxMG.jpg

nG1akrE.jpg

Micarta Monday, carrying this amazing Lee Williams custom "Crux" in OD micarta that I scored at R1 Promotion's California Custom Knife Show this weekend. I've been after one of Lee's Kickstop flippers since I first saw the mechanism and this one just screamed my name🥰
1000015268.jpg
1000015269.jpg

That totally sucks! Really sorry about this!

I live in Canada where there is no limit on the blade length but you should be able to justify carrying it and explain that you do not intend to use it as a weapon. If you say you have a knife for self-defence, you get handcuffed!!

Also, these knives are illegal: 1) switchblades, 2) butterfly knives and 3) push daggers. This is ridiculous and does not make any sense. Stupid laws that ban certain knives... But... cannabis is legal here, not a bad trade-off!
Cannabis is a grey area here.You can get it on prescription but it`s not easy.
All corrupt governments try to disarm their citizens before martial law, civil war, insurrections and revolutions and they steal before they go.It`s out of order.

After disassembling, I taped off the cf and buffed the ti. scales to create more contrast with the cf, hardware and the blade finish on this first one, Off-Grid Knives, Scorpion Stratus V2.

IMG_0617.JPG

Disassembled this Maxace Goliath Bowie (S90V) and lightly buffed the liners, pocket clip and bolsters for more contrast with the green canvas micarta scales and the stonewashed blade.IMG_7735.JPG

IMG_7745.JPG

Last edited:
Back