Gonna go full time

NWA

Hey guys, I've had some major changes in my life and will be forced into making my hobby a full time job. The time frame will be spring of 2011. I am going through a nasty Divorce and will be loosing my job because of it. I work for her parents and have been informed that I will be let go when it's done. I also, got kicked out of my shop. So I re set everything in my garage at home for the time being. I will then be setting up at my parents place.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Nick:)

wow...:eek: what a mixed blessing.. that is bummer to hear about the job and divorce Nick.. good luck with everything man...:thumbup: i'm sure you'll have no problem making knives full time..

Really sorry to hear that Nick. As a forum friend, I'll be in your corner. Once you get all set up again I know you'll do great. You have a ton of guys who live your work and will continue to make great knives. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Nick sorry to hear about the divorce.Best of luck to you in all of your endeavors, that is the down side to working for in-laws no matter how great a job you did for them they always ignore it when you get a divorce.I pray they keep your kids from seeing the bad side of a divorce.You ever need to just get away your always welcome here in da U.P.

Mike

That is a shitty deal Nick:(. I hope you get through it as painlessly as possible. As everyone else said, I'm sure you'll do well going full time. I'll start squirreling away some money, so when you do go full time, I'll be set to pick up something new from you to help get ya on your way :)

In the meantime, you have to focus on the things that make you happy. :thumbup: Best of luck starting anew, friend.

Sorry to hear that, Take this as a mixed blessing and when everything is said and done make some kick Butt blades!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I am hoping for the best in my new ( to come) endevor. I am confident I can make it a success:thumbup:

I have little choice in that matter as jobs are extremley difficult to come by around here.

The kids....... boy that is whats killing me. They don't understand all aspects of this thing. But they will ( I hope ) in time understand there was no ther way.

This may be a blessing after all, as I have always wanted to go full time but have held back due to wanting to take good care of the family. Money money money. That is what drives us all eh? It's really sick, if you stop and think about it.

The wife and I had a strickt buisness relationship, and after 15 years of marriage, she has decided it's over.

Better days are ahead:thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the divorce and the job loss, but you make some great knives. I think you'll get on your feet with taking knifemaking full time.

I am sure you will come through this fine. Hopefully this will lead to more people being able to get some of your fine work. Best wishes on everything going as smooth as possible for you.

Best of luck to you bro. Divorce is the hardest on the childern. The parents can pick up and start over. The kids can't. I know all too well. I went through it twice, as a 6 year old and then again as an adult. My Father was married three times.
Scott

Be the best dad you can be to your kid(s). Don't badmouth their mom or grandparents. I divorced when my oldest was 7. She and her mother moved 1400 mi. away when she was 14. I was always there for her growing up and she always knew I loved her. Despite divorce and moving away, we could not have a better, closer relationship despite the divorce and distance.
PH 4:13.

Every cloud has a silver lining - just wait for it man, and everything happens for some reason.
all the best of luck

I hate to hear that man. Listen to the sound comments in regards to your kids. I went through one 3 years ago and its hard for the kids. Try to keep an upbeat attitude and never boud mouth the ex in front of the kids. They will be fine in the end. As for you, good luck with your full time career! Divorce was the best thing that ever happened to me and am now married again to the love of my life.

Nick,
I am really sorry to hear of this. It has been 18 months since seperating on my second divorce. Almost back on my feet. Show love to your kids and be like smoke- cannot pin it to a wall.
I know too well the frustration but the only other choice is giving up and that is really no choice at all.

2Door

Nick bro, sorry to hear about the big D. That is never an easy decision. I wish you the best of luck with everything bro!

Thanks guys. I am blessed to have such great friends such as you guys. I'll take all the tips and pointers ya'll may have. I am proud to be part of this great knife making community. I consider everyone here family, I see all the love that everyone sends to others when in need and that, is something that's all too often, hard to come by.

I'm not much of a talker or poster as anyone can see I've been here for 4 years and don't even have a thousand posts yet. Yet you guys still want to help, that says a lot to me:)

I am sure this is a blessing, as our relationship couldnt be any worse.

Thank you

nick,
i press my thiumbs that everything happens like you want it.

what´s the thing withe the medal and it´s two sides? the cicumstances are bad for you but good for us customers. we get more knifes from you :D ;)

take care :thumbup:

Nick , Best of luck things will work out for the best . It's not the end of the world it just feels like it right now . Take care of yourself .

Hang in there man! You're in a hell of place on about 4 different fronts. Take care of yourself and the kids and everything else will fall into place.

On another note, I just handled my first NWA the other week, a mini scout I purchased off of Tknife. I've gotta say Nick, I'm impressed! I'll definately be placing an order with you in the near future.

Brandon

Back