Gonna go full time

Best of Luck, Nick. I have one of your knives (a Woodsman) and I am quite sure a man with such skill is man that can overcome all odds, with the help of the Lord.

God Bless

Sorry Nick, sometimes it's for the better-new opportunities, either way. Make the most of it, you've got a good thing going here.

Well, that is a B%#$H and no mistake.

If the relationship has been a bummer for the last 15 years (Think you called it strictly "business" for the wife......) can't imagine how you made it this long.

Look at the bright side. You won't be in a "business" relationship with your significant other.

You are an excellent knife maker! Love your stuff!

Could be worse. You could be some one with no discernible talent, and looking for work.

What I hope for you, is that doing the knives full time will be far more fulfilling than working for her parents, just for a paycheck!

On a side note, hopefully, you get a decent attorney, and the fact that you are loosing your income as a result of her family business thing means she will owe you support!!!!!!

Make sure your kids know you love them, and it's not their fault at all.

Good luck!

Thanks again guys. I do have a good lawyer. At least he is very expensive and if the old saying is true ya get what ya pay for. Well, I should be ok after it's all said and done.

It really is a bummer that I will be loosing my job. I am a great worker for them. They know it too. But, things are gonna be personal rather than professional. At least I know where I stand eh.

Nick:)

Hate to see ya gong through the big D Nick. Rough times Hang in there.

However if anyone has the skills to take this thing full time You do.

Nick, I'm sorry to read you are going through a nasty divorce. Divorce is hard enough when it isn't nasty. While it may be difficult and painful now, it may well turn out to be for the best in the long run. You are an amazing knife maker and will do well as a full-time maker--I have no doubts. Hang in there, I look forward to ordering another blade from you!

sorry to hear about your dificulties and hope it will all work out for the best soon.

i've seen your knives, but haven't had a chance to get hands on any of them, but they look nice. perhaps i'll be able to squeeze the budget and find room for one.

Thanks Andy, ya mind sharin a little contact info for those distributors you've been using?

Nick,
Man...really sad to hear the divorce is going to happen. I know you mentioned it over the summer when you were doing my "special project." But you make some of the best knives out there and your customer service is second to none so I know you will come through on top. And remember...the Wolverine knife shows are coming up!
Ian

Nick, as odd as it seem, I am 100% convinced that there is a serious shortage of good custom knife makers and I have bought production over custom when money was not an issue.

Many custom knife makers IMO fail to get my business because of three main reasons:

1. Reliability = Honesty
2. Responsiveness
3. Lack of business like administration

I believe from visiting your forum that you already have No.1 and No.2, but I have never bought a knife from you - yet - so I cannot comment on No. 3, but I will be surprised if you don't have that too.

So Nick, the future looks bright.

Good luck in your new life.

Last edited:
Nick - Although it may be difficult to see the better portion of it now, more than likely you will move on to something far better. I am divorced and am now spending my 25th year with my current wife and still lovin it. As for your decision to go full time, good. You have the talent to do so. The Scout I have of yours is carried daily in my pack. I have over 200 knives to choose from, but yours is the one. I for one will be here to support you financially by buying more of your knives. All the best. Joe

Nick,

I was thinking about this some more. You already have a pretty loyal following. But I bet that you could drop a knife or ten in the "For Sale: Fixed Blades" forum and have 'em snapped up as quickly as you like. You'll develop an even larger customer base. Your work is just so outstanding, you'll do very well. I'm looking forward to this taking off.

Just stay busy and keep it going buddy! Use the extra time to morph some new designs and streamline production if possible. You need any help get in touch with me if you think I can help. Im not full time by any means but just let me know if I can help at all.

Nick, I wish you luck brother, and im sorry for your troubles.

Im excited to see you going full time though. We need more NWA blades!!!

Sorry to hear about the divorce. Been there myself with 2 sons. Best advice ever 13 years ago from my stepdad, who never had kids himself: Don't say anything about their mother that they will use against you later."
My boys are well adjusted teenagers now, who KNOW they are loved.

Now get to making knives! I want one

I divorced two years ago. It was rough, but I'm doing a lot better now. As a vote of solidarity, I'd like to put my name down for a pair of hunter/skinners at a 10% divorce surcharge.

You probably don't remember me, but I bought one of your salt & pepper Corian-handled O1 Hunter/Skinners off the Knifemaker forum. And, I've got the first Woodsman you made, with an orange Corian handle.

TC

Hey dude, I remember you. I still have the xmas card you sent me:)

The D is indeed a bad deal. Glad to hear you are back up and runnin. I know things will be better for me. They couldn't be any worse at least in one aspect.

Back