Grail Knives Picture Thread

Justin.......I've been hoping to see that pic.......just amazing........awesome and spectacular Eklipses........

Here's one I took this afternoon when I was fooling around and probably should have been doing something else..........

Thank you Ross! Yeah I knew you were waitng for it... Haha! Just for you buddy!

And Ross! That is a picture of epic proportions my friend!! Don't know how you do it.... Well done sir!

Who can advise why the grinds are so different on Ross (xxfalconxx) Hellfires - different generations? Or just Rick's mood?

The customs are hand ground so each one is a little different from the next. I know that the one on the left is at least a few years old and the one on the right is fairly new. The older custom spantos are a little different than the new ones. Rick slightly changed the grind. Maybe he did the same with the hellfire also?

Yup......the Hellfire on the left is a special one so it's a little different. From what I have been able to discover, Rick made it for the 2008 Plaza Knife Show in California and it is a one-of-a kind Hellfire.........it has a sandblasted swedge and hollow, satin flats and a hand-rubbed satin finish lockside. I was interested in it so have been trying to track down it's history......and I found the origin but I haven't been able to find out much more about what happened to it after that........
Here's a pic from the other side......you can see that the hollows on the lockside, edges, clip and tab are also sandblasted for a pretty cool look against the satin finish........

And Jensen was right......the bronze Hellfire is a newer Gen 4 but it has an awesome grind with a deep swedge and a perfect semi-circle ground at the end of the hollows which really seems to help bring out the depth of the grind.

Last edited:
If you could have seen the various tanto grinds that some of the first twelve custom Eklipse TKI knives, there were pretty significant differences. These hand ground knives may have amazing symmetry individually, but there are definite differences from knife to knife, particularly if Rick is trying different things.

Not the 3" Dagger I have been searching for.......but it's gorgeous.......and as close as I can possibly get to a Dagger without actually finding one......

Back