• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Group buy, black linen micarta in bulk

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Wow, what a response!

Everything is sold or spoken for and my head is swimming.

I'm sorry, but there was not enough to go around. I have already invoiced most of you. After the dust settles a bit, I'll confirm the remaining inventory and send invoices in a first come first served order.

There is a little bit of 3/8" material left that I will offer to the folks who requested 1/4" after the 1/4" sold out. There will be delays as I go up the list in the order that you posted.

I have an inbox full of stuff to sort which might take me a day to find the time. Ya'll who changed your order multiple times - if I have a brain hemorrhage it will be on your conscious!

Those who placed their orders first (and are are paid up) are already boxed up and will ship probably tomorrow. The remainder will get shipped as soon as possible.

Thanks Ya'll, this was fun.

Okay folks. I bought a significant amount of high quality black linen micarta (from a friendly vendor of mine that I buy a lot of plastic from) at a really good price and cut it up and put it into bulk flat rate boxes for you fine folks.

I bought more than people spoke for. But I'm selling this at about half the going rate, so I hope it will go quickly. There will be 16 boxes of 1/4" and 24 boxes of 3/8". You can buy more than one box.

This is the real phenolic based material, not epoxy or polyester. It is hard, strong, stable, chemically inert and truly black. It is linen based, so it is stronger and more grippy than paper base, but not as pronounced as canvas based.

This sale is borderline in violation of the new policy regarding nondealers selling large amounts of materials. But I talked to Spark about it first.

But he said that because I'm not significantly marking it up and I'm doing this with altruistic intentions it will slide.

However - that means this is a one time thing. I will not be doing this again.

This is the micarta:

micarta.jpg

It is about 8.5 by 5.2" to fit in a standard small flat rate box, which will ship for 5 bucks. There are 6 sheet of 1/4" 1/4" is sold out or 4 sheets of 3/8" for $33.00 plus 5 bucks shipping = $38 per box = a lot of knives

This is going to be a lot of folks for me to keep up with. So to keep things simple this is what I need you to do to order this.

1: State what you will be getting in this thread.

2: send me an email (not a private message) njcarothers at windstream dought net

The email should include what you are buying, your BladeForums handle (i.e.: "Nathan the Machinist"), your actual name, your shipping address and your paypal email address.

I will send a PayPal invoice to that email.

3. Pay the paypal invoice. Once it is paid, I will ship your order to the name and address you gave in your order email.

If you don't want to use paypal, we can arrange to send a check.

Last edited:
Put me down for a box of the 1/4" - e-mail is on the way.

Thanks Tim

If you will do a mixed box, 2 sheets 3/8” and 3 sheets 1/4" I would prefer that, otherwise 1 box of the 3/8” would be great.

Email sent. :thumbup:

I would like a box of each size. 1/4 and 3/8 Will use paypal Please sed me a bill and I will pay you. Thanks

Email sent. This is a wonderful deal. Can you offer a combo pack? :)

Nathan,
Email sent along with all requested info. 1 box of 3/8ths please.

Thanks, Larry

Payment sent. This is a terrific deal. My Dremel tool stands ready. This is the scale material for my Mule. Schweeeeet!!! :cool:

I also would like a mix box like 360joules asked for,i'll split with him if possible,let me know
thanks
Marc

email sent

Last edited:
What the heck. I'm a big fan of black linen. Add a box of 3/8". Email sent.

Thanks!

Sending email ...

Thanks!

EDIT - correction - I want 2 boxes of 1/4, 1 box of 3/8 Thanks!

Last edited:
A box of the 3/8" and one 1/4" would be nice.
Thanks
Richard

Last edited:
i will take 1 box of 3/8ths-thanks marekz-- 1 will swnd email in a bit

Nathan,
I'd like a box of 3/8, please.
-Thanks

Back