GSO-12 Who has one on order?

It's not an accident that the place I choose to chill out has a population that won't get frothing crazy about my need to buy a BB13. I bought a BG version but dang, I hate the rabidity sometimes. No fault of Busse, good for them, but blind faith wears me out.

Shaddup Douchenozzle, bring that on!

I support this statement :D

Nathan has his choppers out, the 12 will be awesome, but Becker released a new one and there are SOOO many on the market, and then there are choppers with ResC handles - make a ResC bussekin chopper match the presumed thinner geometry of the GSO ... I really look forward to trying the 12, but ResC vs micarta or G10 on a chopper...

I really really like the bb13, but HATE tan handles, and am not terribly fond of the look of resC. I completely get why everyone was excited and they got pretty much exactly what they wanted, and it will be cool to see vids adding them to the mix, just not for me (thankfully for the bank account) I really get more and more curious about the 12 the closer we get

I support this statement :D

Nathan has his choppers out, the 12 will be awesome, but Becker released a new one and there are SOOO many on the market, and then there are choppers with ResC handles - make a ResC bussekin chopper match the presumed thinner geometry of the GSO ... I really look forward to trying the 12, but ResC vs micarta or G10 on a chopper...

:thumbup: I don't know what could make a big chopper more comfy than ResC but I have high hopes for the 12! Between that, the Junglas, BK21, BK 20, BB13 Battle Grade, Hognose WS, and CG FBM that showed up today it should be an embarrassment of riches! I logged in at 2:03 and still was 14 people out from one of Nathan's Field knives, I hope to land one of his choppers but man the competition to grab one is real.

I'm with you! EVERY model looks so amazing when we see those first pics and all we've seen are the medium and small so far. The 10 will be amazing to physically see, but the 12... wow, that will really be a sight to behold!

The 12 keeps moving up in the production order!!! Woo-Hoo can't wait to see one for real!

I know the steel is in, and I keep dreaming about this chopper. I hope to hear that the blanks are being cut. I know that this will be an awesome chopper!

The 12 is now at the top of the we have steel, but is unstarted as of yet. That means it is next for water jetting! :thumbup::D:thumbup: Very cool!

Below is a copy and paste off of the production schedule!

At Peters' Heat Treating:

GSO-7/7
At Production Grinding:

Being Cut:

GSO-3.5 will be starting water jet cutting as soon as we get further through our finishing backlog
Starting Production ASAP:

GSO-12: We have steel
GSO-6: We have steel
GSO-4.5 Bushcraft Knife: We have steel
GSO-10: We have steel
GSO-8: We have steel
GSO-5.1: Waiting on more steel
The Necker II: Waiting for steel
The SURVIVE! Necker: Waiting for steel

So maybe with wishful thinking I will receive my GSO 12 about first quarter of 2018. Probably more like Christmas 2018, but pick up a second in the summer of 2018. That sounds about right. The 12 will no run smoothly and will probably cause some growing pains. I would just like to see the sheath design.

So maybe with wishful thinking I will receive my GSO 12 about first quarter of 2018. Probably more like Christmas 2018, but pick up a second in the summer of 2018. That sounds about right. The 12 will no run smoothly and will probably cause some growing pains. I would just like to see the sheath design.

Somewhere I have it posted, but I ran through the cutting-to-delivery history and it's been something like 6-12 months, so your estimate may be on target. I am also not sure if it was Kiah or Guy who designed the sheaths for the previous models, wouldn't surprise me at all if it's Kiah's genius at work there, so he may be the man to ask about that... *shrug*

It seems like it might be a good candidate for an open-spined sheath with that blade length, but I've heard no mention of the design.

With that much belly the sheath is either going to be enormous or putting the knife in the sheath will be like closing a stapler. ;)

We aren't 100% on the GSO-12 sheath design yet since we are still focusing on some of the smaller knives right now. Some different ideas have been going back and forth between Guy and the kydex maker but when I asked what it might be Guy said, "it will definitely be kydex."

I was under the impression they were gonna be out LAST Christmas. Now I'll be lucky to have one by 4 of July 2017 it seems. Maybe Guy and Ellie will let me preorder a 6 to ease my pain lol 😏

We aren't 100% on the GSO-12 sheath design yet since we are still focusing on some of the smaller knives right now. Some different ideas have been going back and forth between Guy and the kydex maker but when I asked what it might be Guy said, "it will definitely be kydex."

Thank you for the update😃

I am so excited about this knife. I know this will be my favorite knife of all time. I will love it and squeeze it and call it George. I would say Guy is very excited about having a completely new design he can work on, even though they will take a while to sharpen. This knife with a GSO 3.5 or 2.7 piggybacked will be unstoppable. I have large knives like the Becker BK9 and Esee Junglas, but nothing like what the GSO 12 will be like. I am getting a little excited talking about it, so I am now gonna shut up. 💥🗡⚔🔪

I jumped on this pre-order last year when I had a few extra bucks to spend and I'm glad I did. I definitely couldn't afford it today but this beast will be worth every penny!

Back