Gso vs miller brothers.

I'll let you know soon! :) So, for general woods/camp use, what Survive do I want to try? Where do I get one?

Do keep me posted! I'm very interested in how usable and versatile the M8 is. How does the handle feel?

As far as a camp knife, the 4.1, 5, 4.7, 5.1, 6, 7/7 or even 8 could be great options depending on your preferences. As far as getting one that depends on which knife you're looking at. Between the exchange and that big auction website and Monday sales and pre-ordering, you definitely have some options!

Is there anywhere on Bladeforums that Miller Bros are discussed regularly?

This is the first thread I can remember reading about them in my time here. I'm sure I missed a few as they were not on my radar. Looks like a cool company.

willic, the company is having Monday sales, the inventory is VERY limited. You have a chance to get a new model 5.1 on the Monday sales, though, and next will be the 4.7.

There have been others show up on the Production Fixed Blade exchange here on Blade. I was able to score a 5.1 that way some time back. You're used to Busses, and these sell just as fast if the price is right :)

Last edited:
Not hard at all, just pre order one and wait. That is the only option as they have not been made yet.

Thanks guys, so... How hard it is to get a GSO 8?

SUPER EASY!!!!!!!! and kind of impossible. You can order now, but you'll have to wait quite a bit since it is last in the production line up. If you know you really want one, you're able to pay for and order exactly what you want and avoid the Monday sales later. I'd mentally prepare for over a year's wait.

The 8's are still going on their site for pre sale. I went with a 7/7 for my go to camp knife but its already in production.

Thanks guys, so... How hard it is to get a GSO 8?

I'd mentally prepare for over a year's wait.

^ This. That's why I mentioned the Monday sales, in case a 5.1 might tide you over.

Here's their Production Schedule. Everything listed in the 'Available for Preordering' can guarantee you an order, but they're a long ways out.

Every time you see a model finishing completion, they've got some overrun that go on the Monday sales. You have to jump on the Monday sales items like it's a ganza. They're trying to get ahead, but they sell every finished blade as fast as it's listed.

Willic, The wait times for the Gso preorders can be lengthy but for me, are worth it. I know that I am guaranteed a knife. After seeing the quality of my new gen 5.1 that I got last week, I couldn't be happier. Currently, I am waiting on a 4.7 and a 12 and am thinking of jumping in on a Gso 6 or 8 preorder.

I pre ordered my gso 8 long time ago but I don't regret the wait
I know Guy and his team will make the best knife they can
Plus I had a bit if input jn the design of the gso 8 so I had to get one 😀

Thanks willic
We aren't on the forum much due to our current work load, but I'm glad we had something available for you while you wait for your custom order.
Keep in mind that if what you see on our website isn't exactly what you are looking for, we are happy to make modifications to our existing models. We can change blade length, overall length, blade width, handle design, thickness, almost anything you can think of. You can even send us a drawing. I am quoting our current wait time at 4-6 months from time of payment, but some orders are finished in as little as 8-12 weeks. (no promises) If anyone has any questions feel free to contact us at: amiller@millerbrosblades.com Thanks Allen Miller MBB

Thanks willic
We aren't on the forum much due to our current work load, but I'm glad we had something available for you while you wait for your custom order.
Keep in mind that if what you see on our website isn't exactly what you are looking for, we are happy to make modifications to our existing models. We can change blade length, overall length, blade width, handle design, thickness, almost anything you can think of. You can even send us a drawing. I am quoting our current wait time at 4-6 months from time of payment, but some orders are finished in as little as 8-12 weeks. (no promises) If anyone has any questions feel free to contact us at: amiller@millerbrosblades.com Thanks Allen Miller MBB

I didn't realize you were a part of this forum. It would be great to see a community grow around your products and company!

It's very cool to have your input here....... your first post in quite awhile!

Back