Gso vs miller brothers.

I just stumbled up on MBB last fall and have accumulated several of there blades and I think they are probably one of if not the best hard use knives available. I have several others and yes they are pricey but you get what you pay for. I may be selling some if my other Busse's to get some more MBB stuff.
Way to go guys I just can't get enough.

Let me know what Busse's you want to part with
I just stumbled up on MBB last fall and have accumulated several of there blades and I think they are probably one of if not the best hard use knives available. I have several others and yes they are pricey but you get what you pay for. I may be selling some if my other Busse's to get some more MBB stuff.
Way to go guys I just can't get enough.

Man, I love my MBB, but...... get rid of Busse's???????? That's just silliness!

-Will

Silver, did your grab yourself a mbb?
Yes!

This mbb blade is epic !
What blade length is it ?
Ha! Thanks! 7.5 inch blade.

SN! Details please man :)
Sweet Baby Jesus!

Details! I need Details!

this might just be Too Much Awesome for me to handle.

Junkyard
Quite rude of me............ I had to share a pic before I bolted out the door for the day. I just got this baby in on Friday. Miller Bros took their standard M8 model and made one for me without a choil :D
5/16 inch thick 5160 steel.

It's like a great white shark...and a magelodon
Wow! Now that is a great comparison :thumbup:

fba49470ccfe50aa3899a25a2d6eae4e.jpg

Yes!

Ha! Thanks! 7.5 inch blade.

Quite rude of me............ I had to share a pic before I bolted out the door for the day. I just got this baby in on Friday. Miller Bros took their standard M8 model and made one for me without a choil :D
5/16 inch thick 5160 steel.

Wow! Now that is a great comparison :thumbup:

You like em on the thick side I see
:D

So, to bring back to life an old thread....I love MBB knives.....they're made to use.....simple as that. I've talked with the brothers on a couple of occasions.....they are simply top-notch.

Thanks, AF. I like this thread too.

First, the Miller Brothers are awesome guys. From their destruction videos to their online presence to their immediate responses to emails........ they really are awesome.

I was really excited to get my custom m8 a year ago, but once I had it, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. It definitely doesn't cut or carve to do knife stuff with and something is off with the tool or my technique because it doesn't excel at chopping either.

AF, which models do you have of theirs? Did they need any work on the edge to become more efficient at cutting?

Also, I'm really glad I got my knife ordered when I did. At the time it was the single most expensive knife I ever bought. I noticed since summer that their prices have skyrocketed. I understand price increases for various reasons, but with where their prices started to where they are now, I think anything they offer is now way out of my price range. Too bad!

Hi Silver, In my experience a thick edge is much harder to get really sharp than a thin one. You have to remove a lot of metal to refine a thick edge and if you don't get the angle just right you can grind on the shoulder a long time without touching the edge at all. Judging from the photograph it doesn't look like the secondary bevel is clean at all. The sharpie trick is very informative with a thick blade. If you are trying to strop that knife it is going to take you a really long time and you might end up with an even higher edge angle, which will make it harder to cut things with it even if the edge is clean.

That's some good thinking, Fancier. I'm not confident in my reprofiling abilities, especially on an expensive and one of a kind knife. If any work were to be done on it, I really think it would end up as a weird scandi grind.

Back