Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks buddy! Hope you get a good night's sleep. 😴
I did thanks David, the first since I started taking my new tablets, though overall, they make me a little tired :rolleyes: I wouldn't have mined another 10 minutes :D ;) :thumbsup:
Wood Wednesday, I like it.

I am extremely satisfied with my Wostenholm, my favorite thing is no half stops. One continous open, so sweet.

I think I'm gonna explore more of the Wostenholm offerings. Got my eye on an oak barlow next.

Hope y'all don't mind, here is my contribution to Wood Wednesday.

View attachment 2558143
Glad you're happy, it's a great-looking knife :) :thumbsup:
Looks like it's another trip to the eye doctor for you my friend... ;)
🤣 🤣 :thumbsup:
No Dwight!! No more doctors for Jack. 😱
🤣:thumbsup:
Have a good evening all.
Fantastic photo, I love the colours, and that's a sweet vintage Lamb :) :thumbsup:
Well sushi plans got interrupted. My son was begging me to go to Chick Fil A. I told him if he scored two goals I would take him. The damn kid hasn’t scored a goal all year because he plays the back field (defense). He scored 2 goals😂😂. Looks like chicken nuggies for me 🤷.
Oh no! 😖🤣 My youngest two used to drag me to this awful all-you-can-eat Chinese place, where the food was terrible, and crammed with MSG. I've no idea why they wanted to go there, Daisy would spend an hour pushing a handful of chips round her plate, while Ellie would nibble on a lettuce leaf :rolleyes: I'd leave with a banging headache! 😣 In the end, I refused to take them there 😵‍💫
Cool pics Mitch :) :thumbsup:
Anzac Day here in memory for our and New Zealand service men and women. Had an estimated crowd of 40,000 at our Dawn Service, just watched the parade, no one left from my Fathers Division, sad, but time moves on. 😩😩😩😢.
That's a respectable turn-out Leon, I'm glad people remember :thumbsup: I have posted about ANZAC Day before in the EDC thread. It is at events like this that you notice how time has moved on :( :thumbsup:

Afternoon all.
Nice-looking cap Mitch :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, how's everyone doing? Ordinarily, I would be at the market now, but I think my chances of making it down are diminished, even from yesterday, since I still have to wait in for my delivery. I'm hoping it comes early, but I still have a great deal to do, which I need to prioritise over watching Tool Man stuff his face! :D Got my Pals Lambsfoot with me :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

Sorry, Double Post. My internet connection is still terrible :(

It’s been a while since we last had a report from btb01 btb01 , the King of Condiments! :D ;) Here's my accumulation this week, all bought locally :thumbsup:

I am overdue due some condiment content. 😁 I picked up a jar of that Lao Gan Ma chili crisp recently, but I haven’t tried it yet.

This Eggington Rodgers Lambsfoot Barlow has a lot of cant to the blade. Strange company Eggington, the firm existed prior to them acquiring the great Sheffield names, but they didn't make knives, and have relied on jobbing cutlers, ever since, so far as I know. Stan Shaw even made a few folders for them at one point, before falling out with the old gaffer.

“A lot of cant” is an understatement! 😲😁 Did you listen to the most recent episode of the Catch Bit podcast with Steven Cocker, a cutler at Egginton?

That was the first thing I thought of when Mitch mentioned Alice Cooper. 🤣

Bonus pic of the day

Great looking Lambsfoot, Steve! Love the jigged bone! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well sushi plans got interrupted. My son was begging me to go to Chick Fil A. I told him if he scored two goals I would take him. The damn kid hasn’t scored a goal all year because he plays the back field (defense). He scored 2 goals😂😂. Looks like chicken nuggies for me 🤷.

Good for him! 🤣🤣 My girls love Chick-fil-A. Hell, I like it, too, but not when you were expecting a real dinner instead. 😉

Oh no! 😖🤣 My youngest two used to drag me to this awful all-you-can-eat Chinese place, where the food was terrible, and crammed with MSG. I've no idea why they wanted to go there, Daisy would spend an hour pushing a handful of chips round her plate, while Ellie would nibble on a lettuce leaf :rolleyes: I'd leave with a banging headache! 😣 In the end, I refused to take them there 😵‍💫

We had a Mexican restaurant that opened near us recently. We were excited to try it, but unfortunately the food was incredibly bland. 🙄 We even went back and gave it a second chance, since they had only just opened the first time we went, but it was just as bad the second time around. Unfortunately, Eleanor declared that the hamburger she got there (who gets a burger a Mexican restaurant? 🤣) was one of the best burgers she’d ever had (from the looks of it, I highly doubt it), so she has repeatedly asked us to go back. 🙄

I’ve been a bit absent lately, Guardians, sorry about that. My Katalox Albers has spent quite a bit of time in my pocket this past week.

zSbx3P6.jpg

I am overdue due some condiment content. 😁 I picked up a jar of that Lao Gan Ma chili crisp recently, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Me neither, what did you reckon to that other one? I thought it was OK, but not as good as the Momofuku. I have probably walked past the Lao Gan Ma dozens of times in the Chinese supermarket, but was only alerted to it by a story in the press, about Momofuku threatening legal action. I imagine you saw it Barrett? :thumbsup:
“A lot of cant” is an understatement! 😲😁 Did you listen to the most recent episode of the Catch Bit podcast with Steven Cocker, a cutler at Egginton?
LOL! :D No, I need to catch up. By coincidence, I had some exchanges in relation to Sheffield history, with Steve, about a month ago, on YT. Nice guy :) I think he knows one of the members who posts, or used to post here. He was working for another firm, close to Eggington's, but did work for them, as I think he has for a long time. I'll try to find time to check out the podcast this evening. Flat out at the moment! :rolleyes: Now, I see I need to pack my dust mask for Greece! :eek:

wspsWNPVkQbucfKzZ4Fqy9-1200-80.jpg

We had a Mexican restaurant that opened near us recently. We were excited to try it, but unfortunately the food was incredibly bland. 🙄 We even went back and gave it a second chance, since they had only just opened the first time we went, but it was just as bad the second time around. Unfortunately, Eleanor declared that the hamburger she got there (who gets a burger a Mexican restaurant? 🤣) was one of the best burgers she’d ever had (from the looks of it, I highly doubt it), so she has repeatedly asked us to go back. 🙄

I’ve been a bit absent lately, Guardians, sorry about that. My Katalox Albers has spent quite a bit of time in my pocket this past week.

zSbx3P6.jpg
Oh no! :eek: 🤣 Come back soon pal :) :thumbsup:

Afternoon Guardians! Lots of nice Lambs 🐑 out today. Hope y'all have had a good day.

Sweet Ebony on that one !

Wood Wednesday, I like it.

I am extremely satisfied with my Wostenholm, my favorite thing is no half stops. One continous open, so sweet.

I think I'm gonna explore more of the Wostenholm offerings. Got my eye on an oak barlow next.

Hope y'all don't mind, here is my contribution to Wood Wednesday.

View attachment 2558143

Nice pic !

Afternoon all.

Cool cap Mitch !

Good morning Guardians, how's everyone doing? Ordinarily, I would be at the market now, but I think my chances of making it down are diminished, even from yesterday, since I still have to wait in for my delivery. I'm hoping it comes early, but I still have a great deal to do, which I need to prioritise over watching Tool Man stuff his face! :D Got my Pals Lambsfoot with me :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

Hopefully your delivery comes early. Pals Lamb is looking good 👍

Great looking Lambsfoot, Steve! Love the jigged bone! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett !

zSbx3P6.jpg

Nice shot of your Albers !

One of my sons used to always get a burger at Mexican restaurants and at seafood restaurants. I just don't get it.
Glad Eleanor loved the burger!

Me neither, what did you reckon to that other one? I thought it was OK, but not as good as the Momofuku. I have probably walked past the Lao Gan Ma dozens of times in the Chinese supermarket, but was only alerted to it by a story in the press, about Momofuku threatening legal action. I imagine you saw it Barrett? :thumbsup:

Sorry, Jack, I still need to try the one you sent yet, as well. I’ll have to do a taste test! 🙂

Lao Gan Ma is supposed to be OG, so to speak. I did see the stories about Momofuku trying to prevent other (mostly smaller, from the sound of it) producers from using the term “chili crunch.” I don’t know about the legality of their trademark claim, but it doesn’t sounds like their decision has been very well received. 😳

LOL! :D No, I need to catch up. By coincidence, I had some exchanges in relation to Sheffield history, with Steve, about a month ago, on YT. Nice guy :) I think he knows one of the members who posts, or used to post here. He was working for another firm, close to Eggington's, but did work for them, as I think he has for a long time. I'll try to find time to check out the podcast this evening.

He seems like an interesting guy. He talks a bit about Stan in the podcast, reminded me of some of your stories. At one point he mentions how he always enjoyed when Stan would carry on working when he would visit with him, so he could watch him work. 🙂

One of my sons used to always get a burger at Mexican restaurants and at seafood restaurants. I just don't get it.

I try not to give Eleanor too hard a time about it. In general, she’s a much more adventurous eater than I was as a kid. :thumbsup:

Hopefully your delivery comes early. Pals Lamb is looking good 👍
Thanks Steve, sadly not! :rolleyes: I have a few friends who are posties, or have been posties, and I know that it's not an easy job, and increasingly, badly paid here, so I always try to cut them some slack. I'm lucky to have had some great posties over the years, with most of them even becoming friends. Sadly, for some reason, every few years, just as soon as they've got to know a round, and the people on it, the Post Office move them elsewhere. Our current postie started just after Christmas, he's a nice guy, but you only have to look at him to see he's badly organised! :rolleyes: He'll have one sock rolled up, the other down, always needs a shave, trips as he walks, and he's always delivering mail to the wrong houses. I'm told by other posties that the main part of getting your round done is organising your mail properly before you set out. I guess his inattention to this is the reason I often see him on my street several times in one day, and even at 8.30pm! :eek: We used to get our mail around 11.00am, but he usually arrives a couple of hours after that. I went out to have a look about midday, and one of the roofers working on my neighbours house, told me he'd already been round once today 😖 I checked the tracking again, and it still said my parcel was being delivered between 9.27am and 1.27pm. By the time, 1.30pm came, I had grown impatient, so I thought I'd have another look, so I could get my parcel off him, and get on with my day. I spotted him nearby, just at the end of my street, and shouted to him as he was getting into his van. When I saw the lights come in, I was almost immediately behind the van, shouting and waving, but he drove off oblivious. Five minutes later, he was parked off further down the street, so I intercepted him, and asked about my parcel. At first he said he hadn't seen one, but when I mentioned the tracking, he said that his van was "a mess", but that he'd bring round any parcels later. I told him I'd been waiting in for the past two days, and persuaded him to look in the back of the van, where mail was strewn all over the place, and he pulled out a parcel for me. I thanked him, and headed back home, where I discovered this was a different parcel to the one I'd been waiting for! o_O A few minutes later, he was wandering back up the street, and towards my front door, but he only had a couple of letters that he didn't have the sense to give me before :rolleyes: I told him I was still waiting for my parcel, and that the tracking indicated it was out for delivery. He told me that he hadn't seen another parcel, but that if he came across it, he'd bring it round later, about 4.30pm 😵‍💫 I didn't trust him to be punctual, but I had time to make a hurried trip to town, and even call to see Tool Man, before I headed back home for 3.00pm. Then at 4.20pm, the postie turned up with my parcel, as if he was delivering the result of a great quest! 🤯

Thanks for the compliment Steve, it's seen a fair bit of use today :) Sorry to reward you with such a boring tale! :eek: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians

Baxter Lamb today 👍

Stunning pic buddy :) :thumbsup:
Years ago, restaurants and take-aways that sold food from other countries and cultures, mainly Chinese and Indian here at the time, always had a short English section, which almost always consisted of steak and cheese omelette! 🤣 A few still have it! I've always found it hilarious! 🤣 Then English people complain if the steak isn't cooked the same as how they're used to it! 😣 My dad once told me that, as a young man, he'd been chased out of one of Sheffield's small number of Chinese restaurants (at the time), by a cleaver-wielding Chinese cook! :eek: Apparently, he was the fool who ordered steak, and then complained! :rolleyes:😣🤣
I decided to carry Charlie and the Senator today! Double-Lamb Day for me!

View attachment 2558538
Happy Double Lambsfoot Day Ken :) Two nice ones there :) :thumbsup:
Sorry, Jack, I still need to try the one you sent yet, as well. I’ll have to do a taste test! 🙂
I have a pile of condiments to try Barrett! :D
Lao Gan Ma is supposed to be OG, so to speak. I did see the stories about Momofuku trying to prevent other (mostly smaller, from the sound of it) producers from using the term “chili crunch.” I don’t know about the legality of their trademark claim, but it doesn’t sounds like their decision has been very well received. 😳
So I hear :D They got a load of publicity out of the Momofuku legal letter! 🤣 Apparently, the newcomer has been shamed into reconsidering its position, at least so far as it relates to Lao Gan Ma :thumbsup:
He seems like an interesting guy. He talks a bit about Stan in the podcast, reminded me of some of your stories. At one point he mentions how he always enjoyed when Stan would carry on working when he would visit with him, so he could watch him work. 🙂
I remember Stan mentioning him once or twice Barrett :) :thumbsup:
I try not to give Eleanor too hard a time about it. In general, she’s a much more adventurous eater than I was as a kid. :thumbsup:
Kids today get the opportunity to try all sorts of things :) My dad was the faddiest eater I've ever encountered, and since, if he didn't like something, we didn't have it, I didn't encounter a lot of foodstuffs (even very ordinary things) until I left home :rolleyes: I think I was in my mid teens before I even tasted a tomato! :oops: It's a wonder I don't have all sort of food phobias! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Man, before I headed back home for 3.00pm. Then at 4.20pm, the postie turned up with my parcel, as if he was delivering the result of a great quest! 🤯
Painful delivery!!!
Here's a nice one to look at; a fairly modern, Eggington-era Lamb marked Joseph Rodgers, rehandled by glennbad glennbad !!J Rodgers restag 1.jpg
Gift from knowtracks knowtracks !! Thanks, again, and again, Dave!!! ;)

I decided to carry Charlie and the Senator today! Double-Lamb Day for me!

View attachment 2558538

Very nice !

Thanks Steve, sadly not! :rolleyes: I have a few friends who are posties, or have been posties, and I know that it's not an easy job, and increasingly, badly paid here, so I always try to cut them some slack. I'm lucky to have had some great posties over the years, with most of them even becoming friends. Sadly, for some reason, every few years, just as soon as they've got to know a round, and the people on it, the Post Office move them elsewhere. Our current postie started just after Christmas, he's a nice guy, but you only have to look at him to see he's badly organised! :rolleyes: He'll have one sock rolled up, the other down, always needs a shave, trips as he walks, and he's always delivering mail to the wrong houses. I'm told by other posties that the main part of getting your round done is organising your mail properly before you set out. I guess his inattention to this is the reason I often see him on my street several times in one day, and even at 8.30pm! :eek: We used to get our mail around 11.00am, but he usually arrives a couple of hours after that. I went out to have a look about midday, and one of the roofers working on my neighbours house, told me he'd already been round once today 😖 I checked the tracking again, and it still said my parcel was being delivered between 9.27am and 1.27pm. By the time, 1.30pm came, I had grown impatient, so I thought I'd have another look, so I could get my parcel off him, and get on with my day. I spotted him nearby, just at the end of my street, and shouted to him as he was getting into his van. When I saw the lights come in, I was almost immediately behind the van, shouting and waving, but he drove off oblivious. Five minutes later, he was parked off further down the street, so I intercepted him, and asked about my parcel. At first he said he hadn't seen one, but when I mentioned the tracking, he said that his van was "a mess", but that he'd bring round any parcels later. I told him I'd been waiting in for the past two days, and persuaded him to look in the back of the van, where mail was strewn all over the place, and he pulled out a parcel for me. I thanked him, and headed back home, where I discovered this was a different parcel to the one I'd been waiting for! o_O A few minutes later, he was wandering back up the street, and towards my front door, but he only had a couple of letters that he didn't have the sense to give me before :rolleyes: I told him I was still waiting for my parcel, and that the tracking indicated it was out for delivery. He told me that he hadn't seen another parcel, but that if he came across it, he'd bring it round later, about 4.30pm 😵‍💫 I didn't trust him to be punctual, but I had time to make a hurried trip to town, and even call to see Tool Man, before I headed back home for 3.00pm. Then at 4.20pm, the postie turned up with my parcel, as if he was delivering the result of a great quest! 🤯

Thanks for the compliment Steve, it's seen a fair bit of use today :) Sorry to reward you with such a boring tale! :eek: :thumbsup:

Your tales are never boring 😁👍
Stunning pic buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack !

That's a beauty, Steve! I always love looking at the jigging on your Baxter Lamb! 😍

Thanks Ken !

Painful delivery!!!
Here's a nice one to look at; a fairly modern, Eggington-era Lamb marked Joseph Rodgers, rehandled by glennbad glennbad !!View attachment 2558648
Gift from knowtracks knowtracks !! Thanks, again, and again, Dave!!! ;)

That's a beauty Charlie !

Back