Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Went for a nice walk by the local river with my pup yesterday. There were quite a few Bald Eagles out yesterday! And I also grabbed a pic of a little salamander that was hiding on a downed tree.
Baldie.jpg
Baldie2.jpg
Salamander.jpg

Todays Lamb, a TEW that I got at Christmas. It doesn't seem to get much use, and that needs to change!

TEW2.jpg

Good evening Guardians :) I got back a couple of hours ago, and still need to unpack, do laundry, etc, but I just thought I'd call in to say Hi :) This week has been, by far, the longest break I've had since starting this thread, so thanks for keeping it going Guardians, I appreciate the break :thumbsup: It might take me a while to edit all my pics, but I'll try to post a brief report on my adventures tomorrow :) I hope everyone is well :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good evening Guardians :) I got back a couple of hours ago, and still need to unpack, do laundry, etc, but I just thought I'd call in to say Hi :) This week has been, by far, the longest break I've had since starting this thread, so thanks for keeping it going Guardians, I appreciate the break :thumbsup: It might take me a while to edit all my pics, but I'll try to report a brief report on my adventures tomorrow :) I hope everyone is well :thumbsup:

Good to have you back Jack ! 😉👍

Good evening Guardians :) I got back a couple of hours ago, and still need to unpack, do laundry, etc, but I just thought I'd call in to say Hi :) This week has been, by far, the longest break I've had since starting this thread, so thanks for keeping it going Guardians, I appreciate the break :thumbsup: It might take me a while to edit all my pics, but I'll try to report a brief report on my adventures tomorrow :) I hope everyone is well :thumbsup:
Welcome back Jack. Hope your trip was one of exploration and relaxation.👍🏻

Have a great trip my friend!
Thank you Dwight, cool pic there :cool: :thumbsup:
Hope you get a good night's sleep. Pal Lamb 🐑 is awesome!

Hope your have wonderful relaxing trip Jack!

Thank you very much David, I actually got about 3 hours sleep, which was more than I was expecting! :D :thumbsup:

Afternoon Guardians! Trust everyone is having a relaxing day.

Sweet pic :cool: :thumbsup:
Ta Jer, got attacked by a stray dog on my first full day, but apart from that it was a laid-back trip :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Alright, everyone, Jack’s gone for a week, now we can post all the sheepsfoot and other non-Lambsfoot knives we want! 😎😁:thumbsup::thumbsup:
images

(Just kidding, Jack! Have a great trip!) 🙂
Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:
Big lamb today.
Looking good Mitch :) :thumbsup:
Afternoon all,
Still getting rid of the cardboard that Lilly's bed came in, recycling bin is only emptied every 2 weeks.

Buddy wanted to know what was going on.

Went out later, switched to snakewood.

Have a good day
Nice choices my friend :) :thumbsup:
What page will we be on by the time Jack returns?
iDmzy96.jpg
:rolleyes: :eek:🤣:thumbsup:
Lets make it a Senator day today.

Nice :) :thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians !

Wee Rosie to start the week 👍

Sweet pic Steve :cool: :thumbsup:
What a Lambsfoot! :cool: Great pic buddy :) :thumbsup:
Afternoon Guardians! Nice spring day. Had some sever weather Saturday night. Couple tornados 🌪️ just south of here.

Yikes! :eek: Glad you're OK David :thumbsup: Nice Lockwood Lamb there :cool: :thumbsup:
Hopelessly behind here but hope everyone had a great weekend.

YEzyaAx.jpeg
I know the feeling Jeremy! :eek: :D Stunning! :cool: :thumbsup:
Bobstag & Wally

Nice pairing Mitch :) :thumbsup:
In an effort to do my part in keeping things moving here while our fearless leader is on holiday, I’ve decided to carry a different Lambsfoot each day this week, post a new photo of it and maybe share a little about that day’s knife.

I initially thought I’d start with my first Lambsfoot, a horn-handled A. Wright that I bought shortly after this thread was started, but that knife turned out to be a bit of a dud. So instead I carried my second Lambsfoot, this A. Wright in ebony.

xJVv3HV.jpg

Nothing fancy about this knife, but it’s fairly well made and was very reasonably priced. Makes for a great user.
Thanks a lot Barrett, that's a nice idea :) Cool Ebony Lamb :thumbsup:
Barrett, both Jack and Leon introduced me to this pattern and gave me some advice on where to start. I’m glad they did! I’ll try to figure out the first one procured and post a picture tomorrow.
Great having you here Dan :thumbsup:
Rosewood!

My first Sheffield lambsfoot.

Cool pic :) Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:
G'day guardians,

My dad went on a trip to the city recently and picked up this knife for me. It was $10 and he thought it would be something I’d like.

I gave it a quick wipe over with some steel wool and can make out “Lambfoot” on the blade.

View attachment 2562042

On the tang I can’t fully make it out.

It’s either an E/G/B . BLY? Co Sheffield

View attachment 2562043

Any ideas on the maker?
Well spotted Dad! :cool: :) Nice find :thumbsup:
I'm going with Edwin Blyde.
Blyde for sure :) :thumbsup:
My first lambsfoot was RALF, a Guardians' 2018 release. I added the stipling to the covers at a later date.

xWvYFdu.jpg
Nice start to your flock Jeff :) :thumbsup:
My first Lamb was old Stag. I got it before joining BF from a member of another forum.

It did prompt me to check out the Guardians thread when I joined.

A classic Steve :) :thumbsup:
My first Lamb was this Stag Wright and Son with fancy filework. I didn’t know much about Lambsfeet until coming across the Guardians. I’ve since added a couple more. View attachment 2562182View attachment 2562183View attachment 2562184
Very handsome :) :thumbsup:

I was up at 5am for breakfast, before a 90 minute mini-van ride to the airport, followed by 3 hours of lugging luggage, security checks, and standing in line, but the 4 hour flight, in a very cramped seat, and then a taxi home. It's not 8pm here yet, but I'm shattered! :eek: See you tomorrow Guardians :thumbsup:

Good to see you back, Jack! We missed you.

Morning Guardians! Kinda windy today. Hope y'all have a good day.

We had a couple of windy days in Crete David, made it quite cool on a couple of evenings. Happy May Day ;) :thumbsup:
Victoirinox isn't the only knife company that makes an Electrician's knife. This was my Lambfoot Electrician. It featured split covers and electrical tape to keep the covers together.. Quite the capable knife.

That has some great character Ed! :cool: :thumbsup:
As it is today. Recovered with Snakewood.

Looks good in Snakewood though :thumbsup:
A nice day here in Santa Cruz.
View attachment 2562274
Lovely Lamb Kurt :cool: :thumbsup:
Good afternoon Guardians. I decided to carry old Stag today 👍

Pile side

Great choice Steve :cool: :thumbsup:
My first toe dip into the pool of lambs.
It has been a pleasure sharing experiences with everyone.
The ocean was enshrouded in haze.
Great start brother :) :thumbsup:
This was my first lambsfoot, an AC.
Nice Dwight :) :thumbsup:
Have a good one all,
Looking good buddy :) :thumbsup:
My first lamb and chip butty. I put mayo on it 😲
View attachment 2562422
:eek: :D :thumbsup:
This one is certainly earning it's keep...
That is gaining character John :) :thumbsup:
As I recall this was my first lamb and Jack and Leon said it was a good choice.
View attachment 2562489
Here’s a bonus pic of that lamb cutting up apples for my students 😀.
Definitely :) :thumbsup:
My first Lambsfoot was a gift from Jack... I still use it regularly.
A great investment! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight, cool pic there :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much David, I actually got about 3 hours sleep, which was more than I was expecting! :D :thumbsup:

Sweet pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Ta Jer, got attacked by a stray dog on my first full day, but apart from that it was a laid-back trip :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

images

Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Mitch :) :thumbsup:

Nice choices my friend :) :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: :eek:🤣:thumbsup:

Nice :) :thumbsup:

Sweet pic Steve :cool: :thumbsup:

What a Lambsfoot! :cool: Great pic buddy :) :thumbsup:

Yikes! :eek: Glad you're OK David :thumbsup: Nice Lockwood Lamb there :cool: :thumbsup:

I know the feeling Jeremy! :eek: :D Stunning! :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Mitch :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Barrett, that's a nice idea :) Cool Ebony Lamb :thumbsup:

Great having you here Dan :thumbsup:

Cool pic :) Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:

Well spotted Dad! :cool: :) Nice find :thumbsup:

Blyde for sure :) :thumbsup:

Nice start to your flock Jeff :) :thumbsup:

A classic Steve :) :thumbsup:

Very handsome :) :thumbsup:

I was up at 5am for breakfast, before a 90 minute mini-van ride to the airport, followed by 3 hours of lugging luggage, security checks, and standing in line, but the 4 hour flight, in a very cramped seat, and then a taxi home. It's not 8pm here yet, but I'm shattered! :eek: See you tomorrow Guardians :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, and welcome back. Look forward to hearing (or reading) about your trip.

Back