Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

IMG-4560.jpg

Nice stag fellers :) :thumbsup:
Happy Friday Guardians!
I hope everyone has a great weekend :cool:
Charlie Lamb in the pocket today👍

View attachment 2563897
Always a great choice :cool: :thumbsup:
Yes indeed Happy Friday. And a good way to start is with a big cup of coffee and a TEW lamb. Horn is a beautiful material.
View attachment 2563923
Sure is! :) :thumbsup:
Tally ho into the weekend!!
That looks fantastic Bob! :cool: :) :thumbsup:
There once was a man from Nantucket
He carried his lunch in a bucket
He opened the bucket
Found a package of Spam
And sliced the Spam with a Lamb

Hey!!!! That's the best I could do. Spam and Lamb rhyme - I think anyway.
LOL! :D Pretty good Ed1 🤣 :thumbsup:
Happy Friday Guardians !

Carrying the G. Butler today

Really nice Steve, great job :) :thumbsup:

eu5PlWQ.jpg

Seems like a while since Blackadder was out.

Looking good !

That's gorgeous Steve :) :thumbsup:

Thanks !
Fortunately, I narrowly avoided the need for rabies shots! :eek: :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear that story 😁
I think that looks great Steve :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, it looks a lot better now !
Nice stag fellers :) :thumbsup:

Always a great choice :cool: :thumbsup:

Sure is! :) :thumbsup:

That looks fantastic Bob! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Pretty good Ed1 🤣 :thumbsup:

Really nice Steve, great job :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack !

I wouldn't have minded an easy day today, but I had plenty to do, putting away all my travelling stuff, catching up with folks, doing some shopping, etc. I managed to get lunch in the market too ;) Hope everyone is having a great day :thumbsup:

That looks like a tasty lunch !

Good morning Guardians. Just returned from my stroll around the lake and I feel pretty good. Been taking it easy for the last month or so and recovering from my procedure nicely. Not yet at 100% but getting there. Miss my bi-weekly golf. Looking forward to getting back out. I'm close. Hope everyone out in Lambsfoot land are doing well.
IMG-4492-copy.jpg

Good morning Guardians. Just returned from my stroll around the lake and I feel pretty good. Been taking it easy for the last month or so and recovering from my procedure nicely. Not yet at 100% but getting there. Miss my bi-weekly golf. Looking forward to getting back out. I'm close. Hope everyone out in Lambsfoot land are doing well.
IMG-4492-copy.jpg
Glad to hear you are making progress Bill. I'm sure you will be out swinging soon.👍🏻

Glad to have Jack back. While he was galavanting around Greece probably talking about knives, spam and Tool Man I added another lambsfoot to my flock. A K’roo flew in. Willem calls this one a Fancy Jack. 3.75” so a bit smaller than his Lambsfoot. It sports a spiffed up longer bolster and has a cap. The lambsfoot blade and spring are damasteel. The covers are bone but I’m not sure which. I’ll ask him. Probably giraffe. The bone has splotches of blue where the dye took.
Anyway I’m endeavoring to wash my truck today and do some shopping. My back got a cramp on my walk yesterday morning and bothered me all day. It’s not easy being an old dude but I got some nice lambs. It’s all good.
IMG_3217.jpeg

Good evening/morning/day All. It’s been a month. I hope you are all well. I’ll be seeking to be more active in May! 🤠

Hope to see more of you soon Pete :) How's that brother of yours, tell him his subs are due?! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Bonus shot of the day 👍

Really nice Steve :) :thumbsup:
This is one of my favorite Guardians SFOs, the 2019 in Desert Ironwood. Some of Wright’s best work, I think (although the same can be said for most of the other SFOs Jack had made by them, almost all of which are a big step above their standard stuff).

y6JtEzk.jpg
Superb photo Barrett :cool: :) Thanks pal, I wish I could post my first Lambsfoot, (a 70's Bex Rodgers), but I left it in the care of one of my first girlfriends, while I went travelling, and by the time I returned, she had done some travelling herself, along with my knife! :rolleyes:
May the 4th Be With You...
🤣:cool::thumbsup:
And looking forward to Cinco de Mayo!
We toasted in Crete Vince, though it was with raki, rather than tequila :D :thumbsup:
Afternoon all,
This morning

& this afternoon
Hats off Mitch! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Glad to have Jack back. While he was galavanting around Greece probably talking about knives, spam and Tool Man I added another lambsfoot to my flock. A K’roo flew in. Willem calls this one a Fancy Jack. 3.75” so a bit smaller than his Lambsfoot. It sports a spiffed up longer bolster and has a cap. The lambsfoot blade and spring are damasteel. The covers are bone but I’m not sure which. I’ll ask him. Probably giraffe. The bone has splotches of blue where the dye took.
Anyway I’m endeavoring to wash my truck today and do some shopping. My back got a cramp on my walk yesterday morning and bothered me all day. It’s not easy being an old dude but I got some nice lambs. It’s all good.
View attachment 2566575
Wow...gorgeous lamb Kurt. Congrats.👏👏

Looking good Rick :thumbsup:
Good afternoon Guardians !

Happy Stagurday 👍

Lovely shot Steve :) :thumbsup:
Went with the stag Hartshead Barlow for Saturday. The kids had an event to go to tonight, so Julie and I tried a new place for dinner. When we got there weren’t sure we’d be able to get a table (prom night), but we lucked into a couple seats at the bar. Since we happened to be there in time to watch the Kentucky Derby, I went with a mint julep. (Not pictured, because we were hungry, are the fried walleye appetizer and wood-fired pizza we had, which were great.)

pQxk3l5.jpg
Sounds like a great night out buddy :) :thumbsup:
What they said. 👆😁 It’s a pretty simple cocktail — bourbon, sugar or simple syrup, fresh mint and ice — and very refreshing!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_julep

Vince, I agree, I love a good Old Fashioned. :thumbsup:
I was 'all inclusive' at my hotel. What a swizz that was! They did half a dozen cocktails, but they were absolutely appalling. They were using lime cordial instead of fresh lime! 😣 The beer was weak, and the wine was awful, so apart from a couple of pints of Guinness I had in an Irish bar, a couple of pints of Mythos lager I had near Zeus' Cave, and a bottle of wine I bought from the supermarket, I barely drank :rolleyes:

Thanks John, corrected. Meant for a different thread.

You're a good man, Bob. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot fellers, I only just put the blood pressure machine away ;) Second reading was 123/75. Still a little high, but a lot better than it was 10 days ago :thumbsup:

Found a little tree frog hanging out in the shade

Hope everyone's having a great weekend 👍
Great pics Steve :) :thumbsup:
He has a "don't mess with me" look on his face.
Let sleeping frogs lie ;)
Hopefully Jack is rain free😉
We have had heavy rain for the past couple of days. Woke me up about 3am this morning .
Thanks Mitch :) The forecast was for rain the first 2 days I was there, but thankfully, it held off :) Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight mate :thumbsup:

Bonus pic of the day

A prince Steve :) :thumbsup:
And a Black Prince! :D :thumbsup:
New May, in 01 & bog oak😎 from Bob.
Its a solid build I was surprised it feels much lighter than it looks😁
Thanks Bob. I really like it!

As I said wet here, getting a new pool 😂
Well done Bob, that's very kind :) Congratulations Mitch, I hope you're not developing webbed-feet just yet ;) :thumbsup:
Well, I said I’d carry and post a different Lambsfoot every day while Jack was away on holiday, and I continued with that today, with the slight exception that today’s pic (unlike the others I’ve posted this week) is not a new pic.

Despite the fact that I mostly just puttered around the house today, I went with a fancy Sunday Lamb, this extra-special Damascus model that was a generous gift from Jack Black Jack Black himself.

mCznJyO.jpg

zOCBLZs.jpg
THanks again Barrett :) Those are great pics :) I think the Ironwood models were the best of that run :thumbsup:
Afternoon all.
Cool and wet so toasted crumpets with Vegemite for lunch..
Looks great Mitch :) :thumbsup:
Rose Beast always looks good Jer :thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
That's a knife with character my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Steve, Leon & Jeremy!

I’m keeping it close on this Monday morning in the office. My calendar this month has a great shot the the Great Smokey Mountains national park (Virginia)

You've just reminded me, I need to turn a page on my calendar! :D :thumbsup:
We got a lot of rain Saturday. About an inch and a half. It was cold too. But the weather folks say we’re in for some beach weather and even have temps in the high 80’s by Friday. It was chilly this morning but once the sun broke through the clouds it was real nice. Here’s a pic of some paper micarta on my lamb.
View attachment 2565968
Gorgeous Lamb :) I hope you get the good weather Kurt :) They're forecasting a "heatwave" here :rolleyes: But then they were last year! 😵‍💫

View attachment 2566575

Congrats, that is a stunner !

Really nice Steve :) :thumbsup:
Lovely shot Steve :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal !

Thanks a lot fellers, I only just put the blood pressure machine away ;) Second reading was 123/75. Still a little high, but a lot better than it was 10 days ago :thumbsup:

That's a good reading Jack, mine runs a little higher than that.

Great pics Steve :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again buddy !
Let sleeping frogs lie ;)

😂

Went for a nice walk by the local river with my pup yesterday. There were quite a few Bald Eagles out yesterday! And I also grabbed a pic of a little salamander that was hiding on a downed tree.
View attachment 2566010
View attachment 2566011
View attachment 2566013

Todays Lamb, a TEW that I got at Christmas. It doesn't seem to get much use, and that needs to change!

View attachment 2566019
Fantastic pics Ken :) :thumbsup:
I’ll finish off my week of rotating Lambs with another Albers. This Curly Katalox gets a lot of pocket time. It’s a great daily driver.

AzA2SCf.jpg
I love that Lamb/slip combo Barrett :) :thumbsup:
Another great pic Buddy :) :thumbsup:
I couldn't decide, so 1 from each.
violet from Paul named after the state flower of Wisconsin 😁
&
Brian again from Bob.
Spoiled for choice Mitch :) :thumbsup:
Lambsfoot content

H8GR9UR.jpg
Nice '88 Jeff :) :thumbsup:
Afternoon all. Raining again
Sounds like Yorkshire Down Under Mitch! :eek: :D Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:
Good day to ya.
Great-looking Shadow Bob :cool: I guess that pattern got abandoned when Eggington bought them up, but it's a shame. TEW do Shadow Lambs with plastic covers, but they sure would look a lot better in wood :thumbsup:
eu5PlWQ.jpg

Seems like a while since Blackadder was out.
Good to see him Jer :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians

I just got a couple of Lambs back from glennbad glennbad

This one had some really plain and boring Buffalo horn on it. I was on the fence as what to go with for a recover when Glenn suggested Rams horn. I think it turned out fantastic. I had him rat tail the bolsters as well. I couldn't be happier with it 👍👍

Before

after

Back