"Heads Up" Hinderer (H.U.H.) !! Read 1st Post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that have the Armorer tool. Where can I pick up a 1/16 hex bit for the tool?

edit: I bought mine at USAknifemaker

Here was my order in detail:

1 Wiha - Bit -Hex 1/16" Driver Bit 1/4" drive Premium Quality $1.56
Subtotal $1.56
Shipping & Handling $2.17
Grand Total $3.73

Not too shabby!

This was actually take 2. Locutus D'Borg mailed me one (Free! What a killer guy!), but it either accidentally, or by curiosity of a handler along the way.

Last edited:
Thanks Robert

edit: I bought mine at USAknifemaker

Here was my order in detail:

1 Wiha - Bit -Hex 1/16" Driver Bit 1/4" drive Premium Quality $1.56
Subtotal $1.56
Shipping & Handling $2.17
Grand Total $3.73

Not too shabby!

This was actually take 2. Locutus D'Borg mailed me one (Free! What a killer guy!), but it either accidentally, or by curiosity of a handler along the way.

Do the textured carbon scales have the same kind of grippy texture as the standard g10 scales? Or are they just molded but smooth on the ridges.

Great thanks! That's good news!

Here is a comparison. The pattern looks identical upon further review. You won't be disappointed!

21C2E058-4925-4F85-B8A4-BF02FD9B4FC5-5789-00000284B9A213DF_zps3e076da6.jpg
93D430B1-221F-4513-9AD1-E6DC880A2C7E-3683-00000179B64DC048_zps6441e4c2.jpg

Thats AWSOME thanks so much for the comparison photos! That's what I was hoping for, I've got a smoothe carbon scale and its great, but I'm missing the texture of my PONDSCUM......as usual PONDSCUM RULES!!!..... Does it have the sandpaper grit feel on the high ridges like a typical G10 scale?....it really is nice to be able to change out the scales sooo easily.....

Change scales, stand-offs, add lanyards and Steel Flame - Take it apart clean and lube easily.

XM is a lot of Fun to own and use :thumbup:

Thats AWSOME thanks so much for the comparison photos! That's what I was hoping for, I've got a smoothe carbon scale and its great, but I'm missing the texture of my PONDSCUM......as usual PONDSCUM RULES!!!..... Does it have the sandpaper grit feel on the high ridges like a typical G10 scale?....it really is nice to be able to change out the scales sooo easily.....

To me, it's pretty close. They are textured identically but have a slightly different "feel". One feels like carbon fiber and the other feels like G10:). It's hard to explain. They are both "grippy" but with a very slightly different feel.

Change scales, stand-offs, add lanyards and Steel Flame - Take it apart clean and lube easily.

XM is a lot of Fun to own and use :thumbup:

It's the big block V8 of knives!

And....
Thx MRAY...I think I get what you mean about the carbon vs the G10.... Linen Micarta is like that too....

Well I blew my chance to buy some plain Ti Standoffs for my XM24. Any idea when RHK might have them on their sight again? Also any idea when the black ball caps and stickers might be back in stock? Cheers, Chad

Last edited:
To me, it's pretty close. They are textured identically but have a slightly different "feel". One feels like carbon fiber and the other feels like G10:). It's hard to explain. They are both "grippy" but with a very slightly different feel.

Well the scale came in today....and the verdict is....PERFECT!! I think this scale might just stay in rotation as long as my PondScum...it's just the right amount of grippy, and satisfies my CF urge... Although I still have to say it....PONDSCUM RULES!!!

image_zps9e10e1fd.jpg

Still (im)patiently waiting for the next round of 3.5" smooth CF scales to be released...

Here are some items replenished on the site today.

Aluminum Investigator Pens - Black, Blue Green

Brass Investigator Pens

Aluminum Extreme Duty Pens - Black, Blue, Green

Titanium Extreme Duty Pens - all finishes

Titanium Long Bodies - All finishes

Aluminum Short Bodies - Black, Blue, Green

New items that should show up next week, Copper Beads, Aluminum Beads black, blue, green hardcoat ano, Warhead attachments for the Investigator Pens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back