HEST/F Supplier confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Following is an Update that was sent out on December 21st. We expect the
knives will be shipped from the factory in the next couple of weeks, given
a few unexpected delays caused by weather, customs, and such.
Regards,
DPxGearTeam

UPDATE: DELIVERY OF YOUR LE/FOLDER.

Here is where we are. LionSteel will have finally finished all of the
Limited Edition DPx HEST Folders by tomorrow evening (Wednesday). At the
same time, all of the Skull tools will be finished. BUT, I wanted the
Limited Edition knife Customers to receive very cool goodies with their
knife that you will not see until delivery. Two of the vendors of these
goodies have not delivered yet (I am not going to reveal names to protect
the guilty!). That being said, there have also been significant weather and
air freight problems so I will cut them some slack. This means we are NOT
going to ship the Limited Edition DPx HEST Folders before Christmas. This
is a decision I am making. I deem it critical to ensure Gianni/LionSteel
has the time to inspect every knife and get the entire Limited Edition
package together.

I am standing-by during the holidays to sign and number each of the 250
knives so I don't want to hear any whining.

Have a
wonderful Holiday Season!

RYP"

This is what was provided to me in an email when i asked when i was gonna get my LE folder.

I got that email as well, but notice that when you say "couple of weeks" it sounds like from now...and that email is from 2 weeks ago, as of tomorrow.

It was a nice thought, but until we get an update from Gianni or Mr. Pelton, we just dont know at all.

Yea, I remember the standard folders were to have left Italy last week, so that must have been one hell of a storm to hold things up for a few weeks.

Yea, I remember the standard folders were to have left Italy last week, so that must have been one hell of a storm to hold things up for a few weeks.

Customs maybe. I've heard about some items being held up in customs for a long time. I'm sure we will have these knives soon....really looking forward to it :thumbup::thumbup:

Customs maybe. I've heard about some items being held up in customs for a long time. I'm sure we will have these knives soon....really looking forward to it :thumbup::thumbup:

Held up for a long time with the postal service maybe...held up for a long time with FedEx/UPS..not so long. Definately not weeks.

I am assuming these folders won't be shipped in bulk from the factory via the postal service...

yea, "seriously".

whats the problem, i thought ESEE was making the Hests. Not sure about buying one from a company I've never heard of. :grumpy:

If it makes you feel better ESEE doesn't make knives either... Rowen makes them for them.

yea, "seriously".

whats the problem, i thought ESEE was making the Hests. Not sure about buying one from a company I've never heard of. :grumpy:

I don't see any problem here other than your lack of research?

Not trying to be rude, but it was never declared that ESEE would be making these..

Lionsteel is atop quality company. Nothing to worry about in that department. There are several threads about the split from ESEE. Help yourself.

Last edited:
yea, "seriously".

Look around.

The answers you seek are afoot. It was quite a ruckus around here.

One thing is CERTAIN though. The HEST/F is the same knife NOW as it was when ESEE was a part of it.

yea, "seriously".

Then don't buy one, simple solution. :)
Or, if you have never heard of Lionsteel; do some research. :thumbup:

damn every sure was quick to be hostel towards bushman (he could have researched but sometimes folks post wanting a quick answer). maybe he has been out of the loop deployed or something. bushman esee was never making it lionsteel out of italy was. they are a very solid company and the folder the made last year won folder of the year at blade show. esee and dpx had a split. the way it sounded is they both wanted different things and decided to go their separate ways.

back on topic though i am also super anxious to figure out when the knives will be here. the waiting is the worst part

I'm starting to pull my hair out :eek:! I can't wait any longer...okay I guess I can...but I'd rather not ;).

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind an update. :)

damn every sure was quick to be hostel towards bushman (he could have researched but sometimes folks post wanting a quick answer). maybe he has been out of the loop deployed or something. bushman esee was never making it lionsteel out of italy was. they are a very solid company and the folder the made last year won folder of the year at blade show. esee and dpx had a split. the way it sounded is they both wanted different things and decided to go their separate ways.

back on topic though i am also super anxious to figure out when the knives will be here. the waiting is the worst part

Thank you Grunt, for a positive response. Yes, i do NOT follow every second of the fixed blade HEST timeline. and ONLY recently (1 wek ago), found out there was a folder. Good to hear Lion steel is vouched for. Never heard of them personally.......

Thank you Grunt, for a positive response. Yes, i do NOT follow every second of the fixed blade HEST timeline. and ONLY recently (1 wek ago), found out there was a folder. Good to hear Lion steel is vouched for. Never heard of them personally.......

Ah...then you missed the train-wreck/meltdown thread a while back.

If you get time you should check it out...pretty much EVERYTHING is covered in it :)

Lionsteel has been the manufacturer of the Hest/F from the very beginning. Rowen had previously made the Hest fixed blade. Now that DPX-Gear & ESEE have parted ways, who will be producing the Hest fixed blade in the future is up in the air.

Right now we are waiting to hear delivery dates for the LE & production version of the Hest/F.

Things have been very hectic here on the forums for a few weeks now, most importantly for RYP as he is shouldering all of the coordination processes he previously had shared with ESEE in getting this knife produced.

Hope this helps with some of the confusion and the curt replies from the other forumites. Some folks seem to be having a hard time accepting the delays gracefully.....

Best, Les.

No hostility.

Plain stated facts. The search function works great. I don't follow every thread on bladeforums either, but I look around a tiny bit before I start asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back