Hog Hunting with knives

Daniel Koster said:
:D :p

Yes, I think boot carry with a flap over the handle makes the most sense to me. That said...I have a companion knife up my sleeve and will need room for it too...perhaps on an IWB sheath (like for pistols) on a belt that also holds onto the Pig Sticker knife....and all of that wrapped snugly around the calf.

Sheesh...it's getting complicated here!

Josh - email sent with drawing of the "companion knife"...bet you like it. ;)

Dan,
If you design it (you can draw I cant!), I will build it to your specs...remember though that I charge by the hour..:D

<perk> companion knife??

With all this talk of the knives and carry options, does anyone have info on the raffle itself? Has that been announced yet?

Thanks for any info.

Norm

you can get the tickets at hogsnknives.com. :thumbup:

(or by clicking the pic in my sig line)

Dave - I've got a design "almost finished"... :D :eek:

Daniel Koster said:
you can get the tickets at hogsnknives.com. :thumbup:

(or by clicking the pic in my sig line)

Dave - I've got a design "almost finished"... :D :eek:

Thanks Dan. I was looking over my stuff last night and came across a big 18" Trisul and realized it might be a very good pig knife! No handle ring, but the shape seems about right.

What do you think?:

attachment.php

Norm

Yes...I do believe that would work well!

Norm,
Believe it or not that isnt that far from what I had in mind..lol

Although MAYBE not THAT long..lol

When do we get to see the companion knife??

I like the pig sticker, Dan. I'd like that same design with a 5" blade, no finger ring and an ivory-like handle.
As to a sheath, if you're only going hunting with it, not to the ice cream parlor, then how about an over the shoulder sheath ? (ninja style) A harness/holster that carries the blade high and diagonally on the right side of your back so that you can draw it by raising your right hand to your right ear.

Dan,
That is a SWEET companion knife!!!!

I think ya need to start offering that thing for sale on a regular basis!!!

Grrr now there is another blade that I cant afford!<~~poverty!

my problem right now is coming up with a name for the thing...:rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

Beautiful companion knife, How about the Koster deringer. I wouldn't mind having one of those as a tuck away knife. Neck sheath, IWB, up a sleeve. Love it.
Terry

Back