Honk If You Like Old Knives!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
The Bumper Sticker we all need!!

Kidding aside, Orvet (Dale) scored a box of knives at the Oregon show, and I happened to be chatting with him when it got delivered. 30 or 40 old knives, mostly fixed blades with lots of patina. I asked if I could look, and zoomed right in under all of them to a folder sitting/hiding in the bottom of the box. It was interesting, because it is the same pattern as the Diamond Jack, (with an added pen blade).
Honk%20Falls%201_zps5ixga6ix.jpg

Honk%20Falls%202_zpslhxthkgi.jpg

First thing I noticed was the bone handles had a swell at the bare end! Nice detail! I think another knife has been posted around here with that detail. It feels great in hand!
There is a chip out of the back, but is going to stay that way while I have it - the bone is too cool to mess with!
Honk%20Falls%203_zpsk7pbpxot.jpg

The main blade is a little abused, but mostly still there - then I noticed the tang stamp!!!:eek:
Honk%20Falls%204_zpsgbyha96b.jpg

I have seen a couple, but never owned one.
Winchester bought Napanoch around 1920. By 1921-1922 some disgruntled Napanoch cutlers, some who went to Winchester, came back and re-opened their old Cutlery under the name of a local Falls - Honk Falls! They grew, and made some beautiful knives, then succumbed to the 1930s around 1938-1939.
Pretty rare! I thank Dale for parting with it!!:thumbup:
Maybe I should print that bumper sticker!!??:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would honk!! Nice find:) I love the hunt for old knives during my summer antique shop visits and am always hopeful to score one like that!

📢📢📢 is this good enough ? I couldn't find that button on my phone 😁

I'd do more than honk. I'd slow down, roll the window down, then back up for another look....

Close your eyes and imagine on a dark misty morning sitting by the Dock - a huge ships Horn blasting. That's my honk especially when viewing that lovely old knife.

That is a real interesting piece with a just - as - interesting look back at the history of the knife Charlie. I can only imagine just how rare the HonkFalls knife is if you have never actually owned one Charlie.

I Really like that old Knife, and simply Love that Bone.

Dale was recounting how he let that one go. Beauty of a knife!

Back