Horton Knives....Official,, Dog/Cat/Pet thread.

2010-12-30_15-39-46_830.jpg

That's a great pic mang,,, you can just see the anticipation in his eyes,,, :thumbup:

my dogs - I do volunteer transports for rescue dogs usually 2 or 3 states - sometimes cross country so all my dogs are from rescues

my buddy Jake - he was found in a dumpster when he was around 8 weeks old

jakeandme.jpg

november106013.jpg

the first picture i saw of Princess she had been rescued from dog fighting group and had been used as a bait dog - i drove from Virgina to Mississippi to get her

Princessthefirstpicture.jpg

Princess after vet and 2 months of heart worm treatment (arsenic injections)
DSC00320.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00323-1.jpg

Jake on bed with all three of his girlfriends

DSC01268.jpg

Thanks guys I end up having several and then sometimes i foster some till we find them a new home - but Princess, Lucy and Jake are my babies

Lucy was owner surrender in Pittsburgh i went to see a friend and and she came running off the porch were she had been playing with the neighborhood kids - I was petting her and a little boy walked up - i said "you sure have a pretty dog" and he started trying not to cry when he said "mommy says she has to go to the pound because the landlord wont let us keep her"

then his mother came outside and she was crying because she had waited till the last min and now had no choice and she was sure Lucy would be put to sleep - well i guess i am a sucker cause she is here now

Lucyoncouch.jpg

Lucy.jpg

Last edited:
BFH44, you are a great person for looking over all of these creatures. I have a friend who fosters skunks and raccoons and squirrels to rehab them when injured of mistreated and releases them back into the wild. She has even cared for deer and of course cats and dogs. Sort of a specialty to be able to feel comfortable around those types of animals but someone has to do it so they can eventually fend for themselves. I only have cats in my apartment. No place for a dog in this big city. Here they are. Nike and Blaze. Brothers I rescued from the Humane Society.

Blaze

Nike

Blaze

The Boys

You're a good man BFH44 - Welcome!

Great looking dogs too - No wonder Jake looks so happy! ;)

Ares on the left Atlas on the right
001-18.jpg

Atlas had a good Christmas
005-15.jpg

As promised Justin, pictures of Bronson. My buddy says he put Bronson on a diet and he's down to a dainty 160lbs
011-10.jpg

012-12.jpg

013-6.jpg

014-5.jpg

BFH44 :thumbup::thumbup: That's a heck of a nice thing you are doing.

Back