1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

How do you post photos on the new Blade Forums?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Tom Lewis, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM.

1. Tom Lewis

Tom Lewis

Feb 24, 2000
    On the old Blade Forums I learned to go to "Manage attachments" then go to IMGUR and post my photos. That doesn't seem to work anymore.
    So, what's an easy way to post photos? Will Imgur still work?

2. kuraki

kuraki Drinks Pearl in a can. Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 17, 2016
    Copy and paste the BB code link imgur provides.

PNWJimbo likes this.
  3. Knife freaky

Knife freaky Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I can't see half the photos that are posted any more! All I see is, IMG. And now Photobuckets making you pay! Getting kind of ridiculous. Times they are a changin.

Daniel

4. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    You can still post directly from your desktop to BFC and the new software does it a lot better IMO. It gives you the full-size image option. You just have to play around with the size of the file.

5. Karl B. Andersen

Karl B. Andersen

Jul 27, 2003
    I bought a paid subscription to Photobucket almost 5 years ago. At that time you could pay or not pay.
    But I upload a lot of photos - a LOT!
    I could see my storage usage getting full. With a paid subscription - and now five years later with 1000s of photos in storage on photobucket, I'm still not up to 1% capacity. I can share them anywhere and don't have to deal with a lot of advertising, so when I log in I go straight to my bucket.
    Greed is everywhere, but I don't consider all that really greed.
    It's just pay to play.

6. Tom Lewis

Tom Lewis

Feb 24, 2000
    kuraki, I tried pasting the BB link imgur provides on the San Mai post. It didn't work for me.
    Do I need a "Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service provider" status on BF to post pictures? I used to have one, and BF would always notify me when it needed re-newed. This year they didn't notify me and it expired. I haven't taken the time to re-new it.

7. kuraki

Jun 17, 2016
    Image in imgur, copy this link
    [​IMG]

Then past in reply, should look like this:
    [​IMG]

And here it is.
    [​IMG]

8. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 6, 2000
    Karl,
    Photobucket will be charging you $399 per year to be able to post your photos on third party sites like Bladeforums.
    Tell us how you feel about them after that happens- and it WILL happen soon, paid member or not!

9. E.Carlson

E.Carlson Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 28, 2016
    I just use the upload file feature. All my photos are on my phone anyway, make it pretty simple.

10. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    How do you make them small enough to load? I tried a couple pics and it said they were too large.

11. E.Carlson

Mar 28, 2016
    20170710_222125.jpg just testing. You need to adjust the resolution size on your phones camera.

12. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    Cool thanks! Photobucket can suck a chubb. What resolution are we aiming for? (File size)

13. E.Carlson

Mar 28, 2016
    The one I just posted was 1.4 mb. The resolution was set at 3264x1836.

14. Geoff Flato

Geoff Flato KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 23, 2017
    Cropping down your picture to just the important part can often get the file size small enough as well

15. kuraki

Jun 17, 2016
    On my phone I use the app photo resizer. Very handy.

Geoff Flato likes this.
  16. Geoff Flato

Geoff Flato KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 23, 2017
    That sounds like an app I should get

17. Tom Lewis

Tom Lewis

Feb 24, 2000
    Kuraki, thanks so much! I think with your help I have it figured out. Thanks again!​

kuraki likes this.
  18. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    20170707_185733-1944x3456.jpg 20170707_183526-1200x2133.jpg

Crumby pic because my camera on my phone is cracked (wrestled a hot water tank).

But if it shows up I'm happy.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 11:39 PM
  19. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    All 12+ years of my potobucket links are bad. I'm not paying $400 per year.

It's real easy to use the 'upload a file' button here to post photos.

Hanson_170203B-web.jpg

20. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    Don Hanson III likes this.