"How much blade and handle can you fit in a fixed blade EDC?"

On a brighter note...I made a drop-loop kydex sheath for the v.3 EDC and have been wearing it for a couple weeks now. I absolutely love it.

This one was part of my "experimentation" - so it's not what the final product will be. The biggest difference is that the kydex on the backside will be reversed - shiny side in rather than out.

But anywhere...here are some pics!

v3EDCKydex0923-01.jpg

v3EDCKydex0923-02.jpg

What do you think?

Dan

I like it.... :thumbup: ..... but, any chance of having one with the top of the loop at least even with or slightly above the top of the knife handle for those of us that find the "high rider" style uncomfortable ?

Could you post a side view Dan ? I want to see if it is three layers of Kydex thick all the way down.

The "Monkey Fist" lanyard is sweet !!!!!! :thumbup: :D

Yes - it is 3 layers at the bottom.

I can put the loop wherever you want. ;)

Including at whatever angle you desire.

Dan

Yes - it is 3 layers at the bottom.

I can put the loop wherever you want. ;)

Including at whatever angle you desire.

Dan

Thanks for the answer Dan........ :thumbup:

I think with those two simple options this sheath will/can be a winner for everyone.

Excellent !!!!!! ;)

v4 prototypes are finished....have a look:

EDCv4Prototypes0929-01.jpg

EDCv4Prototypes0929-03.jpg

I made a few adjustments/modifications/changes/etc.

• full flat grind
  • drop point with more "drop" - the tip is about where you'd want it on a spearpoint blade
  • short swedge
  • thumb grooves
  • no choil (looks like it has one, but it's just the lighting...it doesn't have one)
  • thick handle slabs
Top knife is Red G10 with a full-thickness tang.....and is 6.7 oz.

Bottom knife is stabilized Verawood (similar to Lignum Vitae) with a tapered tang...and is 5.1 oz.

And if you want to get a closer look....get off yer duff and read here QUICK:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586666

Dan

Dan, I really like the drop loop sheath you made for the v.3! Would I need to send back the v.1 prototype knife for a proper fitment, or could you do it with the v.3 knife?

I would need the knife to get the right fit. I'm doing those sheaths for $35 + s/h.

:thumbup:

Dan

Dan,
EDC fixed for means means horizontal carry just left of my belt buckle. Very visible which is a requirement for fixed blade carry in CA and comfortable while walking, standing or driving a car. I have a few knives in this configuration and for me it's ideal.

I do believe though that with a 3" blade, 1/4" thickness is unnecessary. 3/16" should be plenty, especially with 5160.

Is this available for order yet?

not available for order yet - still trying to get it 'just right'...

I think you'll like these sheaths....see the top two rivets in the verawood EDC in the first pic above? The topmost-leftmost rivet....and then skip one down to the right....these two rivets are set up to accept the TekLok in the diagonal position - perfect for crossdraw carry...you can also use the 2nd and 3rd rivets for the TekLok in horizontal position.

If this doesn't make sense...I'll try to rig up a pic or two...

Dan

Dan,
I'm familiar with TekLok and as long as the handle weight doesn't screw up the balance too much that should work. Thanks

Back