Recommendation? Hunting fixed blade

I've owned several knives by Russell Easler. You can't go wrong with them.

I've mailed a few knives to members in Australia and New Zealand, and never paid that much. Just checked the rates for a 6 lb priority mail box to Adelaide and that came out to less than $48.00 US. My guess is it's the conversion rate.

Or the import fee.......I sent a block of micarta to a Maker in Brazil...... Charged him $64.00 for a $35 block of resin......😱.

Even Canada, I sent someone a gift and they had to pay $35.00 duty......WTF..........Rape is legal.....

I've mailed a few knives to members in Australia and New Zealand, and never paid that much. Just checked the rates for a 6 lb priority mail box to Adelaide and that came out to less than $48.00 US. My guess is it's the conversion rate.
I’ve bought maybe 10-15 knives from the states in the past few years. Prior to and up to covid it cost me about $40 aud.

$48usd is about $75 aud, plus PayPal fees brings it to $80 give or take.

I think USPS are just becoming a joke. A small folder weighs a few ounces and yet cost similar to freight almost 9lb of antler the other direction.

Or the import fee.......I sent a block of micarta to a Maker in Brazil...... Charged him $64.00 for a $35 block of resin......😱.

Even Canada, I sent someone a gift and they had to pay $35.00 duty......WTF..........Rape is legal.....
Never had that issue getting things here, it’s just the currency exchange that’s the killer.

The post office delivered my friction folder, unfortunately to a wrong address as I never got it.

Back