HYTEST AXES, post yours

Hytest on Spotted Gum.

f5DsKAO.jpg

Me too. Shipping makes them pricey. There's a nice Kelly on the 'bay that I am drooling over right now.

Got a Hytest Forester today 4 pounds on a 36 inch handle.From the Salvation Army shop here in Wanganui.$15 NZ probably about 9 US$ or 13 Aus$.
Edge is battered a bit but nothing serious.

Now if I can work out how to post some photos.Finding axes seems to be the easy part!!

Imgur site posting Hytest Axe The Forester now how to join the dots.....

https://imgur.com/PwKMo7P

Last edited:
Got a Hytest Forester today 4 pounds on a 36 inch handle.From the Salvation Army shop here in Wanganui.$15 NZ probably about 9 US$ or 13 Aus$.
Edge is battered a bit but nothing serious.

Now if I can work out how to post some photos.Finding axes seems to be the easy part!!

Imgur site posting Hytest Axe The Forester now how to join the dots.....
Copy the imgur link. Then use the photo tool(little picture icon) here to embed that link into your post.

Reactions: A17
Went to the St Ives Medieval Faire dressed as a Viking and bought this axe as it drew my attention, mostly to suit my costume for the event. But came home and noticed a faint brand in the steel and gave it a quick scrub on the brass wheel to make it out a bit easier.
From what I could see, it seems like it says Hytest Forged Tools but haven't seen this same marking on the other axes.
Would it help to identify it's age, or origin?

PTVxtRI.jpg
3YJ029e.jpg
rLfPbYO.jpg
hF2RtHq.jpg

Hi all I have been given a Hytest axe head along with a couple Plums by a mate who got them from the Goldfields of Western Australia
I still have to sort out this photo sharing thing and I will show some photos
Any advice ?

Hi all I have been given a Hytest axe head along with a couple Plums by a mate who got them from the Goldfields of Western Australia
I still have to sort out this photo sharing thing and I will show some photos
Any advice ?
I use imgur with good results. You can just Google how to use it. It's easier than one of us trying to write it down! Good luck man hope to see your axes later!

Went to the St Ives Medieval Faire dressed as a Viking and bought this axe as it drew my attention, mostly to suit my costume for the event. But came home and noticed a faint brand in the steel and gave it a quick scrub on the brass wheel to make it out a bit easier.
From what I could see, it seems like it says Hytest Forged Tools but haven't seen this same marking on the other axes.
Would it help to identify it's age, or origin?

PTVxtRI.jpg
3YJ029e.jpg
rLfPbYO.jpg
hF2RtHq.jpg
Hi mate, wondering if you found any info on this? I just bought exactly the same one! its beautiful. Exactly the same stamp pattern and weight on mine!

Back