HYTEST AXES, post yours

I'm green with envy! I need to find some friends like yours, lol. If you stumble across any more of these beauties and looking to sell I'm interested. Now if only Council would come out with a Connecticut pattern in their Velvicut line...

I'm green with envy! I need to find some friends like yours, lol. If you stumble across any more of these beauties and looking to sell I'm interested. Now if only Council would come out with a Connecticut pattern in their Velvicut line...
Thanks,been lucky,Yes it does help to have some good friends!
a Council Connecticut 4# would be a quick sale.
Sorry,like these to much to sale:)family now.
Thanks Moose.

I think I remember seeing a small distributer offering these for sale back in the 1980's. They were over $100 back then. That was too much for me. I doubt there are a lot of them around in the US. Nice axes.

I have two that Frank generously gave to me. I've been meaning to post them. I'll try to get to it tonight.

Here's a teaser of the big one. He also gave me a "boy's axe" size. I think a "boy's axe" in the lands down under are a bit heavier than what we would consider a boy's axe here in N. America.

IMG_20130720_222310.jpg

Hey M3mphis...That old girl sure looks a lot better than the beat-up old hag I sent you. I'm sure the previous owner used her for cutting rocks.
A nice restore indeed. Perfect shaped face for the 'Iron Bark' of Australia or the dangerous 'Tawa' of NZ. Excellent mate.

regards...Frank

Now that's gotta be a real dilemma to have NOS top quality axe heads in your possession and not have physically experienced what they were meant to do, and what makes them so good.

Now that's gotta be a real dilemma to have NOS top quality axe heads in your possession and not have physically experienced what they were meant to do, and what makes them so good.

You can talk Sh!!! to the tomahawk Group.:confused:
Arvika in the first picture,Hytest in the rest!enough said:eek:
For real???Do you just post to piss people Off?
I use My Axes:D

My new Tuatahi,Coming to a event soon, Ground by Mike Eash,Look him up:thumbup:

Right on! My apologies for presumptions of being a voyeur in the same vein as Ferrari collectors that never drive the cars and instead trailer them around.

Boy I bet Doc Jastad and Alan Boyko would relish a look at those deep woods pics! Good fodder for a second round of coffee around the hunting table!

Dude, Moose, that is some impressive stuff. I saw some of those pics on another thread, but still gets me. I would love nothing more than to have the time to dedicate to chopping in that league. That's what a proper cut looks like, people!

Dude, Moose, that is some impressive stuff. I saw some of those pics on another thread, but still gets me. I would love nothing more than to have the time to dedicate to chopping in that league. That's what a proper cut looks like, people!
Thanks for the complement,Helps that its part of my job,and also chopping is a great workout/stress reliever,:thumbup:

P1020940.jpg

Nothing pretty here to see. Just tools from the days when bushmen broke-in the land.

These tools are well worn...but worn well.

regards...Frank.

Hytest 009.jpg

Hytest 001.jpg

Well used and pitted old Hytest found under shed on my farm. Used a few like this in the Qeensland forestry back in the day.

regards...Frank.

Back