I made... something.

Very nicely done Philllll. Very clean and the pins are perfect. Not easy to do. You done good son.

Thanks, guys. I'm happy to finally have it finished.

Between the big peened pins and the Ipe wood handle, this thing should be pretty much bombproof.

I thought that was Ipe but I wasn't sure. Same Ironwood that gehazai was talking about awhile back.

I have a few pieces, one fairly large if anybody needs some.

Pillllager rocks! ..ooops..heres the "h" Love it man! Might have to wait till next groundhogs day for pants! Pugs prolly hasnt seen his shadow in a while.

Pugs & Punxsutawney Phil are probably down there plotting how to take care of them dang beavers once and for all!

Phillll, those are sweet, Good job! Bet they chop great.

Wildmanh hit it those are MADE for chopping. We need some gratuitous photos of wood being Philllllaged. :D
Awesome job on both blades Philllll.

Damm fine job brudda, your putting out some serious work, I have been underground some lately, started working again and been putting in some hours and have been submerged in leather work and needed to take a break to catch up, almost caught up though.

We were starting to worry bout ya pugs! We were about to get a posse together and setup checkpoints at all the local beaver dams. Glad your OK brother!

Thanks y'all. Up next I'm going to try a big hidden tang knife.

Here is a little preview:

DSCF8079_zps5745fef4.jpg~original

Dont ya dare shave your stache man! Sure looks like a straight razor on roids! That would look good with a falcata handle:cool:

I finished up this big chopper yesterday. O1 steel, 1/4" thick spine, 12.5" blade, 19" overall, and 41 ounces.

DSCF9463_zpse87b3779.jpg~original

DSCF9465_zpsd5ed5602.jpg~original

The hidden tang cleaver is still in progress. Stay tuned!

Here is a comparison with the first two. The sheath fits all three!

IMG_3557_zps7d32bdb2.jpg~original

Back