Idaho Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuck :(

Guess I will not be buying any new sebenzas :eek:

(it's that bad, sorry :barf:)

Well, the consensus seems to be a general "dislike" for the new engraving. I for one hope someone from Chris Reeve reads this thread and takes into consideration the opinions of what I believe to be their most loyal customers and fans. I am seriously considering canceling my order for my grail ivory/damascus sub over this :( and by the sounds of it many other potential sales may be jeopardized as well.

I ordered my new small damascus and it doesn't look like it has the engraving... whew.. it is unfortunate that this will be on all the handles. But I guess once the secondary market runs out and someone needs a new one, in all fairness it is still the only sebenza you can get. Though it does suck that it is being forced down out throats. We can only see what Mr. Reeves will do. He can do anything with his knives that he likes, and if sales don't fall I don't think he will really care.

This must be Photoshopped. There is no way Chris Reeve would do this to us.

Wait... I take that back, he did come out with the Classic that has the annoying lettering on the handle.

Is there anyone who actually like this?

I really like the idea of "Idaho Made" or "USA" on the knife, but there must be a better place to put it.

I agree the Idaho Made will certainly keep me from buying a new sebenza. The reason I spend the money to buy Chris Reeve products is that everything about them is perfect but now I don't believe that is so. Does anyone know if the Mnandis will have this on them?

Oh great, I guess it would be a longer wait for me before I get my first Sebenza. Hopefully they would bring back the old design when they hear that a lot of people don't like it.

What better way to convince them but with us sounding off our concerns.

This is my first post. I am a beginner knife collector and have been very seriously looking at adding a large Sebenza to my collection. I am now after reading this thread and seeing the pictures very disappointed. I find the simplicity of the Sebenza very appealing and something that is rare in the quality knife world. On a more uplifting note, this is a good thing for all of those who have the non 'Idaho Made' Sebenza, the used market will be better off! But this is poos for me considering I will now have a more difficult time getting a plain Sebenza when the time comes that I have the money... not to mention possible higher cost.

Kaleb

Well, the consensus seems to be a general "dislike" for the new engraving. I for one hope someone from Chris Reeve reads this thread and takes into consideration the opinions of what I believe to be their most loyal customers and fans. I am seriously considering canceling my order for my grail ivory/damascus sub over this and by the sounds of it many other potential sales may be jeopardized as well.

If you do end up cancelling your order you should make sure that they know it is because of the "Idaho Made" so that they know why they are losing your business.

Hey... I have a normal not stamped (Made in Idaho) sebenza that I will sell to you at an inflated cost :D....

This is SO LAME. I will never buy another new Chris Reeve knife. I hope Mr. Reeve realizes what a bad decision he has made.

Does this mean that the CR knives from online retailers such as Knife Center would most likely have that Idaho Made tag on it? Or would they still have the nicer one without the Idaho made in stock?

Is there any way to get this thread to Chris? It looks like the people have spoken, and if I were him, I'd want to hear it.

I have always liked the classic "MM" stamped Sebenzas. So much so that my collection is made up entirely (except for one) of that model.

BUT.........

I really do not like the "IDAHO MADE" stamp at all. That stamp will stop me from buying any new models. :thumbdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back