Info on Kizer/Justin Lundquist front flipper???

Thanks for the information, Kizer!

Is the designer of the other front flipper a secret? :)

Hoimin:

Not at all, I just didn't feel appropriate in mentioning other designers in this thread focused on Justin Lunquist and his designs.

The other front flipper is from Mr. Steve Jernigan, it's called the Wakulla, named after one of the largest and deepest springs in the world.

The design is mostly complete pending modification on some details. I'll start a new thread about these 2 knives in a new thread later today.

Thank you.

Kizer team.

Hoimin:

Not at all, I just didn't feel appropriate in mentioning other designers in this thread focused on Justin Lunquist and his designs.

The other front flipper is from Mr. Steve Jernigan, it's called the Wakulla, named after one of the largest and deepest springs in the world.

The design is mostly complete pending modification on some details. I'll start a new thread about these 2 knives in a new thread later today.

Thank you.

Kizer team.

Entirely understandable. I appreciate the candor, and I look forward to your announcement thread!

I've been awaiting a sub-3"-bladed Kizer for a while. Have 4 Kizers which I have found to be perfect knives, but not for my EDC purposes.

I'll be ordering as soon as the Feists are released.

The designer posted an update on IG - $212 MSRP for the Feist, and a potential April release. Imagining it'll probably retail for ~$170?

As a collector and admirer of minimal folders, I'm very excited to get my hands on this knife. It's really cool seeing interaction with the production team and interested customers in this thread. I just wanted to say that the flat finish on the handle is very attractive, but clashes somewhat with the shiny hardware and pivot. If these parts had a similar finish to the scales, I think it would really support the subtle, stylish aesthetic that this knife is going for. Either way, can't wait to have one in my pocket :)

The designer posted an update on IG - $212 MSRP for the Feist, and a potential April release. Imagining it'll probably retail for ~$170?

I'm hoping to hear that the Feist will be released soon since we're at the end of April.

Just preordered one from Carmel. First time I've ever pre-ordered a knife - this Feist is getting me fired up more than any other release that I can remember....

Just got a glorious email from USPS stating that my Feist should arrive tomorrow! Damn, I didn't think Carmel was even getting their shipment in until then, so things must be rolling a lil ahead of schedule!!!

Been carrying the Feist for a week now, and really digging this blade for edc. Super slicey knife - thin bladestock and tall flat grind is a great combination, and I love the super minimalist design. Mine came a tad gritty feeling, but that disappeared after a few openings and a rinse under hot water. At first the detent seemed too strong for a front flipper, but after a few days of breaking it in, it's feeling perfect, and flipping smoothly and easily. I'm super drawn to front flippers because there's no flipper tab sticking out horizontally, or thumbstuds to get in the way of cutting and/or sharpening. I'll report more once I've really put her through the paces - so far it's just been packages, paracord, and some minor food prep (really just testing w/ an apple). It's really excelling so far - I also like how the straight handle shape allows for versatility in grips and cutting positions. The bladeshape is super functional too - the tip is low like a wharncliffe, but there's a slight belly which makes it more versatile.

The Feist has been shipping for a bit over a week or so.

Great little knife. The front flipper does take a bit of getting used to but is easy when you get the hang of it.

Due to it's small size, lack of a front finger guard and the type of cutting I do, it would be a back up knife for me (I don't just sell them - I do a lot of cutting).

But for a small package EDC knife it's great. I can see it being a popular summer carry knife when wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

feist_group_1.jpg

At first the detent seemed too strong for a front flipper, but after a few days of breaking it in, it's feeling perfect, and flipping smoothly and easily.

This is how I have felt about most of my Kizer blades so far. They all have really stiff detents to start. I almost returned my first Splinter because of it. I didn't think it would ever break in, but after a week of regular opening and movement, it settled in to being slightly stiff but an overall outstanding knife. My second Splinter's detent was much smoother out of the box and only a hair too stiff, and it has also worked itself into smooth, consistent deployment. Overall, Kizer blades are quickly becoming my favorite EDC design producers as of late.

Back