Inkosi vs. Umnumzaan

I think that's right thinking, WW.

I see the "glass breaker" as a last ditch "noggin knocker"...I can't imagine how desperate I'd have to be to try to break auto glass or strong tempered glass with it.

I buy 'em because I like 'em, because I want 'em, because I can afford 'em...but hardly ever because I "need" 'em.

It's a fun and pleasant way to engage with the community and support makers I respect. Down the road, I'll sell a few, gift a few, and die with most of 'em laying around with my wife wondering what to do with 'em.

Just arrived. Looks like a great example. Super sharp and slicy...like liquid going through phone book paper. Dead centered blade. Feel in hand is great...but not any greater, (at the moment), vs. the 31 Insingo with inlay. Jimping is better...lanyard placement will take getting used to, but no big deal. I like the way the lanyard is tied, however.

Action is a bit tight but opened right away without any struggles. It will definitely smooth out soon.

I think it will be a fine companion to the other CRKs in the collection...but at this juncture I wouldn't rate it above the Sebenza...or say it was even a "necessary" addition.

That said, it ain't going anywhere either. It's a fine knife.

Inkosi Insingo MagnaCut.jpg

Just arrived. Looks like a great example. Super sharp and slicy...like liquid going through phone book paper. Dead centered blade. Feel in hand is great...but not any greater, (at the moment), vs. the 31 Insingo with inlay. Jimping is better...lanyard placement will take getting used to, but no big deal. I like the way the lanyard is tied, however.

Action is a bit tight but opened right away without any struggles. It will definitely smooth out soon.

I think it will be a fine companion to the other CRKs in the collection...but at this juncture I wouldn't rate it above the Sebenza...or say it was even a "necessary" addition.

But that said, it ain't going anywhere either. It's a fine knife.

View attachment 2368282
That blade grind is perfect! Nice height to it And full swedge. It looks like they did back when the S45VN blades were out. That first run of Magnacut were just not ground correctly in my opinion.
That a real beauty Elliot, Congrats!

I followed Blues Blues lead and ordered the identical knife !
It will be my first CRK, will post pictures when it arrives

Blues - thank you for your help in tracking one of these down !
Happy to be of help, brother. Let us know your impressions. I think you picked a great first CPK CRK. ☺️

That said, it ain't going anywhere either. It's a fine knife.

View attachment 2368282

Well crap! If you cant beat them , join them!!!

INCOMING!!!!!!
View attachment 2368393

The Inkosi Insigno with black micarta was my first CRK as well, and is still my favorite so far.

It must be the week of the Inkosi !
I have a Magnacut large Knife Art carbonFiber showing up tomorrow.
I'm the odd ball out with a drop point though...

CF.jpeg

Fellas, I moved several posts that had nothing to do with the original Inkosi - Zaan discussion to the "Unspecified" thread so this one wouldn't get too terribly diluted.

On topic...

I don't think I'd give up either of my Zaans for the Inkosi...but I really like the Inkosi, and now that I have it, I have robust versions of the three main blade types...DP, Tanto and Insingo.

I also have the same in Sebenza versions.

My hunting is done for the foreseeable future...CRK-wise.

So, as long as it's mostly personal preference and I'm not really leaving performance on the table, I'm not gonna feel bad about staying in harbor for this voyage. Not saying that one day as finances allow I won't add one or both to the stable though.
I would say it’s almost entirely personal preference. Anything you shouldn’t do with a Sebenza you probably shouldn’t do with a zaan or Inkosi either and it’s not like one cuts like a laser and the other like a pair of safety scissors. Really pretty marginal variations on the same formula.

That’s a really nice one! I still kinda prefer the old style split inlays to the Sebenza 31 style

My BNIB Inkosi arrived today
I very much like the knife, this is my first CRK folder and the inlays may take a bit of getting used to.

The Fit & Finish and solid lockup are incredible.

The knife is almost too nice to use

Attachments

• Inkosi_2.jpg
    Inkosi_2.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 10
Back