• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Introducing Murfs Paw Kydex

The response to Murfs Paw Kydex has been overwhelming. Unfortunately, it has exceeded my ability to keep up already. So, because I don't want a huge backlog, I'm not taking new orders for a couple weeks. That will let me catch up. I'm currently backlogged at least 2-3 weeks. Again, I only do this in my spare time, and I want every piece to receive my full attention. Thank you all for your support and interest in my work.!

I will post here when orders will be accepted again.

Okay folks. I'm pretty much caught up. Waiting to ship a few till I get my logo stamp! Remember, I only have certain knives and handguns in my possession. If you need a sheath or holster for something I don't own, you may have to ship to me. Thanks again!

Here it is folks!!! I love it. Now my buddy is immortalized!!!! Miss you pup.

2013-03-04_17-01-33_864_zps293352ec.jpg

Just wanted to compliment Joe on his work.
I ordered the 1911 holster in the previous post.
Joe'work is top shelf. The fit of the holster and the accompanying 2 mag pouch is outstanding. The pistol locks in nice and snug. I ordered both with paddles. Both pieces are nice and tight to my body. They conceal my pistol and mags very well under a light jacket or zip up sweatshirt.
I whole heartedly encourage anyone looking for sky's ex to give Joe chance. His customer service is awesome and his prices are very reasonable.
Thank you Joe and good luck. Murph would be proud.

Chris

Just wanted to compliment Joe on his work.
I ordered the 1911 holster in the previous post.
Joe'work is top shelf. The fit of the holster and the accompanying 2 mag pouch is outstanding. The pistol locks in nice and snug. I ordered both with paddles. Both pieces are nice and tight to my body. They conceal my pistol and mags very well under a light jacket or zip up sweatshirt.
I whole heartedly encourage anyone looking for sky's ex to give Joe chance. His customer service is awesome and his prices are very reasonable.
Thank you Joe and good luck. Murph would be proud.

Chris

Many thanks sir.

A quick review of my latest acquisition, the Murfs Paw 711 camp setup. This includes a sheath with Kydex drop down, the 711 itself (which is one of my favorites for all around use outdoors), a Leatherman Wave with its own piggyback sheath, and a sharpening stone in a Kydex clip on the body side surface of the main sheath. Fit and finish are excellent and I found the 711 and Wave both securely held in place, yet convenient to draw. The weight of the whole setup seemed substantial when held, but I found it very comfortable on my belt and seemingly not that heavy. The Kydex drop down limited any annoying slapping while walking and did not require any further tie down or securing. I found the carry angle and height of the 711 in the sheath to be almost perfect, though this may depend on your arm length.

What would I change? I would add a firestarter loop at least as an option. One could also consider an optional piggyback sheath for an Altoids tin to use in place of the Wave. The setup is pretty easy to break down, so one could choose whatever options they want for a particular trip. When I first received it, I thought the sheath would be too off set from my body by the Kydex drop down. After wearing it for a couple of days, I think it may be pretty close to correct as is. I would like to try a drop down that is about 1.5 cm off set (currently it is 2cm), but this is a pretty minor issue.

In short, an impressive setup that is going to see regular use when I am out with the dogs. I am sure Murf is proud of what his dad has created!

I just got a Scrapivore 460 that has a Murf's Paw Sheath. The sheath is well constructed and the rivet holes are intelligently placed. The overall fit and finish is excellent, and retention is solid and positive. I am really pleased with the sheath. Good work, Murf's Paw kydex!

I just got a Scrapivore 460 that has a Murf's Paw Sheath. The sheath is well constructed and the rivet holes are intelligently placed. The overall fit and finish is excellent, and retention is solid and positive. I am really pleased with the sheath. Good work, Murf's Paw kydex!

Thank you sir. Enjoy!

Received my Bravo 1 back from Murfs Paw today I have had sheaths made before by other makers and I have to say this is by far the best one I have ever seen workmanship is excellent. Communication was perfect he made me exactly what I asked for . The turnaround was crazy fast the sheath was made the same day he received the knife couldn't recommend Murfs Paw enough will be sending more work soon . Thanks Murfs Paw

Back