Is Jesus God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Jesus God?
I'm just looking to start some intelligent discussion here. No reason to get offended.
We all have reasons to believe what we believe; whether we don't believe in a god at all or we believe that our next door neighbor is god. We shouldn't have to be offended by anothers belief system. Why I pose this question is this: Of all the worlds religions only Jesus has actually claimed to be God. Budda, Mohammed, or Krishna did not claim to be god. Only Jesus did. Was he right? Christians, dont hold out on me now. I know you're out there.

Fully God and fully human. Flesh and blood but sinless. Born through immaculate conception. Part of the 3 part trinity of God. God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit.

A great way to get to know Jesus is to purchase a Bible that has the words of Jesus highlighted in red. Then just read the things Jesus said, and make a decision for yourself. But also if you ask Jesus to come into your life, and pray for this with a humble and contrite heart, you may find that you begin to understand Him sooner rather than later.

The Bible says Jesus is God

Hebrews 1:8 -God the Father said Jesus was God.
"Unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom."

Isaiah 9:6 -Jesus (the Messiah) is called the Mighty God.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."
Matthew 1:23 -Jesus is called Immanuel, which means "God with us."
"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which, being interpreted, is God with us."
Micah 5:2 -Jesus (the Messiah) is everlasting.
"But thou, Bethlehem, Ephrathah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel, whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

Zechariah 12:10 -God uses the first person (“me”) and the third person (“him”) to describe Himself as the one who will be pierced.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon ME whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for HIM, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

John 1:1 -Jesus (the "Word") is God
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Revelation 22:6, 16 -The book of Revelation says that Jesus and God are the same.
(v6) "And he said unto me, These words are faithful and true; and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

(v 16) "I, Jesus, have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches …"

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

Wellllll, Jesus wasn't the ONLY religious figure to claim he was God. That said, please keep this civil gentle beings. In heaven, there will be no discussion of politics or religion...just a bunch of people and dogs sunning their bellies in an eternal sun;)

I've made my share of posting errors, but I'm certain this isn't the right forum for this.
Ultimately, this is the one question you can't ask anybody else.
you either believe it or you don't.

Comments retracted, since I don't really want to debate religion or politics here.

Last edited:
This is a very complex question and not something that can be answered with a simple yes or no. First, if you are not christian, the question is going to be answered "no" (for jews and muslims, for instance, Jesus was not the son of God or God; he is considered a prophet among them). So maybe the question should be "Do you believe that Jesus is God/the son of God" and even then it's liable to be the beginning of an ugly argument.

Wellllll, Jesus wasn't the ONLY religious figure to claim he was God. That said, please keep this civil gentle beings. In heaven, there will be no discussion of politics or religion...just a bunch of people and dogs sunning their bellies in an eternal sun;)

Well I beg to differ friend, cause you're either on one side or the other - but there's still time for everyone to come over to the right side

First, if you are not christian, the question is going to be answered "no" (for jews and muslims, for instance, Jesus was not the son of God or God; he is considered a prophet among them).

Among us Jews, Jesus has no standing whatsoever, certainly not as a prophet. The New Testament has no standing as a religious document.

Is there another major religious figure that claimed to be God? As far as I know neither Bhudda nor Mohammed claimed to be God. Jesus did in fact claim to be God, as Is recorded in the holy Bible.

You bet. But there are worse places for it, like where he put it before. Traditionally, we do religion in the Political Arena. They are not nearly as welcoming as the Cantina. As long as the forum mods are OK, with it, I don't mind.

So far, your post was the single most offensive, Esav. Can you try to keep it more civil, please? I have friends in Haifa who would very quickly and loudly disagree with you.

Bloody religion rears it's ugly head eh?

Your question is like asking is the Hulk Spiderman - is one fictional being another fictional being. This thread is doomed and in the interests of sanity I will ignore it.

Is Jesus God?

Yes, in the same way mini-golf is still golf. :D

Well I beg to differ friend, cause you're either on one side or the other - but there's still time for everyone to come over to the right side

Choose wisely!

DVader.jpeg

Among us Jews, Jesus has no standing whatsoever, certainly not as a prophet. The New Testament has no standing as a religious document.

Old vs. New Testament... that's like... I dunno, Frank Herbert vs. Brian Herbert's Dune books. :eek:

Esav, I respect your religious beliefs. And I agree that the New Testament has no standing as a "religious" document. Christianity is effectively the non-religion. All the other major religions have basically developed man-made systems in an effort to appease God so that he will accept the worshipped as holy or worthy. Both Islam and Judaism have very structured sets of rules that one must follow in order to make god pleased with them. And I believe at least some of them
are man-made, that is, not found in either the Old Testament or the Koran (please correct me if I am wrong in this).

-Please don't get my intentions wrong here. I am a Christian, and I know that I cannot convert anyone to Christianity. Only God the father can do this as he has chosen who will be his since before he created the world.
If anything I only seek to help strengthen those who are already believers in Jesus.
Oh, and I didn't include Bhuddidm because I don't think they technically believe in God.

I refer to Christianity as the non or anti-religion because unlike the

AFAIK, Buddhism is not a religion in that there are no "supernatural" beings involved. I know it morphed and melded wherever it went, but the Q&A book I read on Buddhism said there were no "ghosts."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back