It followed me home (Part 2)

Nice find, I have been looking for one myself.

Bob

Ok, I'll be honest and say I thought those deals were some sort of cast iron pan lid lifters, or attached to something to lift the cast iron plugs (blanking?) off of wood burning stoves...

I actually see them frequently but honestly didn't know what they were until now.

Bob, I'll see what I can turn up this week.

Hults Bruk Agdor 4lbs.

OxjuF2c.jpg

U2ezHZM.jpg

C9ALrp6.jpg

wrjDkPQ.jpg

UlTZcq4.jpg

Last edited:
There is some fine looking stuff in that load JB. That handle on the "Jersey" looking thing in the center is really interesting.

Sand down the handle than coat it with whatever oil you want to put on it. Will probably leave extra dark grain. As for the slight twist: Is it front aft, left right, or twisted? If the first 2: just suspend the handle on 2 surfaces and leave the middle of of anything. Get a bucket: place it on the bend and put a couple of bricks or something heavy in the bucket. Wait a couple of weeks and presto: Bend should be gone. If you plan on doing it you should wet the haft though, since it won't break as easily that way. Normal linseed oil without boiling it should do the trick ;)

Other then that: I like the color of that handle. Reminds me of coats of tung-oil.
Good advice but it going up for sale. I don't have the time or inclination.

Weight bending doesn't work well. Better off using steam. Just put a wide pan on the stove and tent it with foil. Steam 20 minutes and then clamp it a little past straight.

nononono not this thread.
kevin, unless you have a membership, it's against the rules to ask for a price, and the thread gets shut down, could you please edit your comment

you're gonna give JB a run for his money with this kinda haul

Lol I highly doubt his haul could ever be matched but I appreciate the comparison!

No idea on the saw brands yet as they are rusty and I've not scrubbed them down. The drills and drill press are Wolf. The plane a 5.1/2 Record! the fire fighter axe is an English one, quite collectable.

Nice haul.is that a double bevel hewing axe?big old mallet is sweet ,been looking for a while can't find one,like them old drill presses too

No hewing axes sadly. The big axe is some very very old hand forged thing with some seriously messed up poll. It needs a bit of workbut will be servicable and has no actual cracks, just opening seems near the under at the bottom of the orignal weld. always good to have carpenters mallets!

Back