It has been a minute...

It's a strange tale, and I can understand if you do not believe.

He appeared out of nowhere, suddenly among us. Some say that he came from Paradise. He never claimed to be a god, but then he never claimed not to be one. (Sorry, channeling Roger Zelazny). Strangeness followed him like a faithful dog.

We could never decide whether he was ambassador TO aliens, or an ambassador FROM them.

Some things are better left to themselves.

So much has changed. Dawn and I parted ways back in 2011 Lost the beautiful dome in the Camp Fire back in late 2018. Lost everything but my car and the clothes on my back. Stumbled around in a daze for a while, and now here I am in Texas with a wonderful gal starting a new life chapter. No aliens so far, but I did see some funky stuff driving through Arizona and New Mexico.

I dunno, Josh. If you rearrange the letters of your name, it spells "Area 51". Of course, you'll have to change some of the letters, and drop some, but it's pretty close.

How far did you say that you are from Roswell?

Best wishes for your relationship and the next steps in your life/lives.

Joe

I will have to check the mileage to Area 51 with my reptilian overlords. Large parts of Arizona and N.M. are a blur. I drove nonstop from Kingman to the DFW area.

I dunno, Josh. If you rearrange the letters of your name, it spells "Area 51". Of course, you'll have to change some of the letters, and drop some, but it's pretty close.

How far did you say that you are from Roswell?

Best wishes for your relationship and the next steps in your life/lives.

Joe

No, it does not, even in Klingon. :mad:

The ambassador was an avid horseman, and we shared many a trail ride. Interestingly, one such ride, through the Superstition Mountains near Phoenix, was the last time I saw him.

He made the ride on a big roan, slightly skittish, while I had a very well-behaved pinto. It was a long ride, on a hot day (as you would expect in Phoenix). We were quite glad to be back at our starting point, at the stable that was home to our steeds. We both dismounted, and I bent down to inspect a stirrup that seemed to have been rubbing a little on the pinto's flank. Josh, well, he walked around the horses, and was never seen again.

Many reported, not officially, that the roan ATE Ambassador Feltman, thus absorbing the few human flaws he had been infected with. Thus cleansed, his awareness of environmental distractions in Arizona and New Mexico was transmogrified into pure consciousness, rendering the frailties accumulated during his human incorporation benign, and allowing him to enter the next phase of his reconnaissance mission. The transmogrification resulted in a new incorporation wherein he instantly takes on small traits of personality or behavior of loved ones of those he meets that immediately influence the new acquaintance to think highly of him.

Thus prepared, there has been discussion that he will be running for public office, using his new-found popularity as a major asset in the campaign.

Or, he might just become a gigolo.

Time will tell....

You could be right, Kis. I spoke at length with the roan afterwards. He was seriously remorseful for his actions (still in therapy, in fact), and stated that his digestion had never really recovered. Regarding a possible run for political office, his words were: "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.". He mentioned that enough of his relatives (or at least their southern ends) already hold public office.

Currently I am devoting all my efforts to a detailed investigation of brisket. Where has this stuff been all my life? It's magically delicious!

Oh Aardvark, Aardvark, Aardvark...you need to experience Jewish cuisine. Properly prepared, it is among the most delicious of meals.
Truly.

Brisket is tough, but cheap, and if cooked for many hours at a low temperature it becomes tender.[4] Brisket became popular among Ashkenazi Jews due to its low cost; farmers would sell the expensive cuts and keep the cheaper ones.[5]

Ashkenazi Jewish refugees brought shtetl cooking with them, and introduced brisket to the general American population.[6]

Brisket then went on to become one of the most important foods in Jewish cuisine and culture, especially in America.

Preparation​

Brisket being prepared for Passover.

Brisket is prepared in a wide variety of ways by Ashkenazi Jews.

Brisket is cooked for several hours at a low temperature and is cooked with a flavorful sauce and root vegetables.[7]

It is commonly seasoned or cooked with a sauce, such as chili sauce or ketchup, or even Coca-Cola,[8] and vegetables such as onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots are added and the brisket is then cooked for several hours in an oven. In modern times a slow cooker has also become a popular cooking method for brisket. One of the most common ways brisket is prepared in American Jewish cuisine is called a sweet-and-sour brisket and consists of a brisket cooked in a sauce containing crushed tomatoes, seasonings, brown sugar, vinegar, and beef or chicken stock.[9] Another preparation of brisket is marinated and cooked with a sauce containing brewed coffee.[10]

Sooooo good. A worthy pursuit, Josh

Back