It's a funny thing I heard of once, the return of the prodigal son

Which handle option would you prefer for a production Fell Beast Machete run?

• Injection moulded rubber handle w/stick tang

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Canvas micarta scales with full tang

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I made it out to my storage unit with my knifemaking equipment and found that I have WAY more blanks and materials than I realized, including 16 CPM 3V Fell Beast blanks.

I don't have a shop space right now, I'm not even sure if my grinders will still work after years in storage, but dammit, I can't let all these beautiful blanks and handle materials go to waste. And besides, I still have so many designs I want to make including the Tyrant Kurkri and Tyrant Bowie.

So here's my promise to you guys, I'm going to do everything I can in the next few months to get back to making knives in some capacity, even if its just one or two blades on a weekend. If all goes well Ill save up some funds and get a CNC'd production batch of Fell Beasts started with the goal of having them continuously in stock.

I'll give regular updates and post whatever I make in the knifemakers for sale area.

And lastly, I've attached a poll, would you rather see the production model Fell Beast have an injection moulded rubber handle with a stick tang (obviously a very strong tang) or regular canvas micarta scales and a full tang?

0MErFC6.jpg

Very exciting to hear you might start making knives again.

I saw in another comment somewhere you said you'd like to start making choppers in AEB-L. You said something about switching from carbon steel to stainless steel because oxidation dulls the edge less. I carry a chopper a lot in wilderness areas where it's damp rainforest or raining, and the knife often sits in its sheath wet all day, with no way to dry it. It would be nice to know that wouldn't matter.

I'd be interested in an AEB-L chopper if you make some :thumbsup:

Great to hear from you!

This is excellent feedback. There are so many conditions where a blade is going to get wet. Tropical area, snow, prepping food, even condensation at night appearing on the blade from temp swings. Using stainless gives great piece of mind and with AEBL, you aren't sacrificing any toughness, to the contrary, its one of the toughest steels period.

I think AEBL will really shine performance wise and it will be AFFORDABLE which is a very big consideration for me. The cost of everything has gone up to such a crazy extent that I cant even produce a Fell Beast for the price I used to sell one for.

Alright guys I'm getting the next run of Fell Beasts underway.

I'm going to stick with micarta and terotuf scales with a full tang for this run because I know it works and will be durable and comfortable. Plus Nathan the Machinist will be making the scales so they will be absolutely flawless.

Looking at making three different machete lengths all from .125in thick AEBL to help fill the needs of every customer.

12in blade, 14.5in blade, 18in blade.

I think these blade lengths will cover the bases for just about everyone. I might make a select few with a 20+in blade just for fun.

Shown below is the 12in Fell Chef Model with the 18in Model with Ring Choil. Bottom picture is the standard 12in model.

7V04PWm.jpg
1p6lCDp.jpg

I'm in for one or two 12" Fell Chefs in terotuf !! :thumbsup:

It's fantastic that you're getting back into it. Your models are still the best all round choppers I've found.
This is the best feedback any maker could ever hope for. I truly appreciate it. Customers like you are the reason why I'm returning to making knives.

Dude, so awesome to see you back! I don't come on the forums as much as I used to but I always check to see if you post anything. I remember when you posted the bowie and I've wanted one ever since.

Dude, so awesome to see you back! I don't come on the forums as much as I used to but I always check to see if you post anything. I remember when you posted the bowie and I've wanted one ever since.

Thanks its great to be back! and I'VE wanted a tyrant bowie ever since I posted the design. 😄 I recently went back and modified the design a bit. Ill post it today.

Are you thinking of making a tyrant bowie in the original stock thickness (3/16)? In AEBL? If so I'm up for AT LEAST one. It looks too awesome for words.

Planning on doing .250ish stock.I think a little bit thicker stock is needed with the height of the blade. I do want to keep it light, fast, and slicey though. I'd love to do 3V for this one but AEBL makes alot more sense in terms of keeping costs down and getting a better finish. Using 3V can make the price go through the roof which I don't want.

Im also debating doing a saber grind with a fuller. It will give extra strength and make machining easier but takes away from the classic bowie aesthetic.
W7qrQFJ.png

In for both a 12" Fell Chef and 12" regular. In for a Tyrant Bowie in 0.25" stock as well. Maybe the 14 and 18 Without ring too.

Last edited:
Back