It's a funny thing I heard of once, the return of the prodigal son

Which handle option would you prefer for a production Fell Beast Machete run?

• Injection moulded rubber handle w/stick tang

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Canvas micarta scales with full tang

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters
OK here is my updated design for the Tyrant Bowie with the fuller. There will be jimping on the thumb ramp and the exposed tang.

I needed to change the geometry of the blade slightly to accommodate CNC production. The fuller and a high saber grind to add strength and will make grinding and production easier.

This thing is going to be nasty. 18.7in overall, 13.3in blade, 2.4in wide at the sweet spot. Yeahbudday.

uVBZmmb.png

OK here is my updated design for the Tyrant Bowie with the fuller. There will be jimping on the thumb ramp and the exposed tang.

I needed to change the geometry of the blade slightly to accommodate CNC production. The fuller and a high saber grind to add strength and will make grinding and production easier.

This thing is going to be nasty. 18.7in overall, 13.3in blade, 2.4in wide at the sweet spot. Yeahbudday.

uVBZmmb.png
Blade Thickness?

Planning on doing .250ish stock.I think a little bit thicker stock is needed with the height of the blade. I do want to keep it light, fast, and slicey though. I'd love to do 3V for this one but AEBL makes alot more sense in terms of keeping costs down and getting a better finish. Using 3V can make the price go through the roof which I don't want.

Im also debating doing a saber grind with a fuller. It will give extra strength and make machining easier but takes away from the classic bowie aesthetic.
W7qrQFJ.png
You should do a run of each.

uVBZmmb.png
Any approximation on the price range? I’m sure that’s hard to say this early in the process but figured I’d ask.

uVBZmmb.png

Let’s do this! I am ready to order!

The Tyrant Bowie is awesome!! It may be easy to twist my arm…

How can I get a machete ordered? I heard about you from T Thescrawnylumberjack years ago and have been waiting for this day! Made an account just for this!
I'm going to keep things simple and not take any orders. There'a just too much risk of getting a bad batch of steel or having other production issues and leaving my customers disappointed or waiting for extended periods of time.

Ill be finishing some 3V heavy Fell Beasts within the next few weeks and will post them in the knifemakers for sale area.

My goal for this year is to get the production of the Fell Beasts down to a science and have them always in stock. 👍

Bro so happy to see you back here. I love my original fellbeast.

I'd be interested in the bowie but please take my money for a kukri!

Do you have a sketch of your kukri design?

Bro so happy to see you back here. I love my original fellbeast.

I'd be interested in the bowie but please take my money for a kukri!

Do you have a sketch of your kukri design?
Oh yeah. Gotta refine it a bit for production, but this is the Tyrant Kurki. 15 inch blade, 3V, fully enclosed coffin style handle. Its a monster. I'd love to make this now but it will cost about $20,000 to bring to life so I'll need to do a few runs of other blades first.
dv25RVe.png

The Tyrant Bowie looks amazing. And it also looks heavy.

Do you have a sense of how much it will weigh? It's the size of a Liberator Bolo, which is a heavy knife (and I love it - it's the perfect weight for a large, dedicated chopper). The Tyrant has thicker stock than the Liberator, but the drop point / swedge / fuller will counter that somewhat. I'm just trying to get a feel for how will handle.

The Tyrant Bowie looks amazing. And it also looks heavy.

Do you have a sense of how much it will weigh? It's the size of a Liberator Bolo, which is a heavy knife (and I love it - it's the perfect weight for a large, dedicated chopper). The Tyrant has thicker stock than the Liberator, but the drop point / swedge / fuller will counter that somewhat. I'm just trying to get a feel for how will handle.
I won't know for sure until I have a prototype in hand but I think they will be right around 27 ounces with terotuf scales. The high grinds, fuller, swedge, and skeletonized tang should all cut out a significant amount of weight. The goal is for this thing to feel lively and balanced in hand, and to be a great chopper as well as knife...and short sword if needed.

Back