I've been working on a frame lock design!

Speaking for myself, I'd like to see Ti on the lock side and your amazing micarta glow scale on the other side.

Im in with you on the scale suggestion. I love love love the Green glow scales you use on your knives. Ive been wanting a fixed one with those scales for a while now.

Big is sweet, my Hossom folder is still my favorite. I even put a clip on it so I could pocket it. My preference would be M390 or S90v .20 thick blade.

Thanks guys!

Great input and I am getting a good idea of what you guys are in to.

I'm working on the clip at the moment, I'm thinking I want it to be somewhat deep carry for an incognito look. I also consider a ground clip made from a thick piece of Ti, that would be cool too.

...maybe the standard 3 hole pattern... maybe a simpler Strider style clip... thick ground clip?... deep carry clip? debating it all

I am pretty sure I will go with a tip up design and the clip will double as a lock stabilizer bar, that has always been part of the plan.

Yea Daniel, low rider is best, Ti, CF, Iron whateva : )

Exciting times, thick tactical folders are Awesome. I just received my first Hinderer yesterday the new 3" Slicer grind. Well,,,this feels like a baby knife and it's going back. I'm gonna save those funds for "real" folders in my opinion Horton's, Hoback's, and hopefully soon Fairly's : ) I'm not a Hinderer hater, just can't justify the price of this thing for how small it is. Not my cup of beer.

Funds are waiting Daniel, lets see some tactical greatness Sir.

Thanks guys!

Great input and I am getting a good idea of what you guys are in to.

I'm working on the clip at the moment, I'm thinking I want it to be somewhat deep carry for an incognito look. I also consider a ground clip made from a thick piece of Ti, that would be cool too.

...maybe the standard 3 hole pattern... maybe a simpler Strider style clip... thick ground clip?... deep carry clip? debating it all

I am pretty sure I will go with a tip up design and the clip will double as a lock stabilizer bar, that has always been part of the plan.

Deep carry for sure!:thumbup:
Not sure, they probably patented it, but something like Spyderco wire clip would be nice. In oxidized Ti it would be almost invisible on the pocket...:D

Yea Daniel, low rider is best, Ti, CF, Iron whateva : )

Exciting times, thick tactical folders are Awesome. I just received my first Hinderer yesterday the new 3" Slicer grind. Well,,,this feels like a baby knife and it's going back. I'm gonna save those funds for "real" folders in my opinion Horton's, Hoback's, and hopefully soon Fairly's : ) I'm not a Hinderer hater, just can't justify the price of this thing for how small it is. Not my cup of beer.

Funds are waiting Daniel, lets see some tactical greatness Sir.

You're going to like the 8.8" design I have drawn up, it is a beast! :D

Deep carry for sure!:thumbup:
Not sure, they probably patented it, but something like Spyderco wire clip would be nice. In oxidized Ti it would be almost invisible on the pocket...:D

Thanks! This helps a lot, stealth carry seems the way to go. I know that is what I like and it is always to go best with what feels best.

Low rider/ deep carry for sure. :thumbup:

All my friends, on the low rider! lol Sounds great!

Thanks again guys, this is very helpful and fun to make with everyone's input.

I have a small, medium, large, and extra large designs now! I have gotten a ton faster with design program so that helps a lot.

The medium is the design I showed with 7.6" total/3" blade... I drew up a large 8.3" version with a 3.3" blade also. It is a fair bit bigger with the same lines.

It was funny, I drew up several different designs and they all look almost the same. I think I now know what I want! My designs center around the large hardware and sleeker lines with my handle shape.

I'll probably wait on the smaller and huge versions and am currently leaning to the medium or large.

Blade length in medium and large both work for me. What's the length of the grips in both? I hate it when the handles end 1/2 inch short of where they need to be for my hand.

Blade length in medium and large both work for me. What's the length of the grips in both? I hate it when the handles end 1/2 inch short of where they need to be for my hand.

4.5" medium, 5" large on the handles. I agree on the handle, a good handle size to me is important. For all of my designs the blade length is the second factor after the handle.

Wonderful to have size options i.e. Blade and Handle lengths. I was watching your Ti grinding skills and I cannot wait to slice with the Chisel edge you put on this new folder. I'm rocking the CQC-14 today, again great handle ergos some of my fav, and cool stubby blade, but it's not a fun knife to carry. The opening at least on mine isn't very flickable. I anticipate that the Fairly Folder will ride (low : ) and be EDC'd often. Fall is almost upon us. Next three months should be Historical here.

[video=youtube_share;6A0U7jakUY8]http://youtu.be/6A0U7jakUY8[/video]

Wonderful to have size options i.e. Blade and Handle lengths. I was watching your Ti grinding skills and I cannot wait to slice with the Chisel edge you put on this new folder. I'm rocking the CQC-14 today, again great handle ergos some of my fav, and cool stubby blade, but it's not a fun knife to carry. The opening at least on mine isn't very flickable. I anticipate that the Fairly Folder will ride (low : ) and be EDC'd often. Fall is almost upon us. Next three months should be Historical here.

Cool... :cool:

Do a strong, simple pocket clip, yo. Do we need 3 screws? no...
sounds good :D

Flatblackcapo -
Lol another vote for the low rider! sounds good to me :cool:

Been a while for this thread, any pocket clip pics Daniel or any new ideas?
Sid

I have about 20 more hours into the design and it looks about the same! I am leaning towards the large model now vs the medium.

I'm spending $200 on folder making tools this weekend and I have a few hundred $$$ more to go if I am lucky! ...so that is my main hurdle for now. Anybody got a tapmatic laying around? :D

Back