How To I've got an axe on a plastic type handle, which is coming loose?

About a year ago I had a fiberglass handled axe fail on me. The fiberglass had given up on me after too many over strikes and needed to be replaced. I opted to go with a wood haft. The axe is a beater and gets used for stuff I won't use my nicer axes for, but the wood haft was worth it. And I learned how to fix a tool instead of throwing it away and buying another piece of junk that will break and get tossed in 5 years.

Who knows maybe the axe head is decent, I had a Chinese hammer head that was better than any Plumb I've had, so it can happen. As an industrial carpenter I could wear out a hammer in a year. Chipping concrete is hard on the faces. Then there is the question about head geometry . While for working carpenters hammers, my preference was fiberglass, but fiberglass axe handles simply don't work. It's not the material rather the rubber grip. Your right hand, if you are right handed, will either slide along or get choked up depending about what you are attempting to do. The rubber grip placement and it's stickiness prevents that. Once I forgot to bring an axe camping, so I stopped and picked up a cheap fiberglass handled one. I gave that one away.

Back